New offical release

Panchovilla

Hey

What do you guys and girls think should be the next official LEDZEP release?

My favorites:

1. DVD of the entire Earl's Court gigs

2. DVD of the Entire Knebworth gigs

3. A musical CD with the best of 1977 shows, taken from whatever...

4. Some crazy japanese stuff from 1971-1972

And a CD/DVD of the O2 of course...!

Hey

My favorites:

From that list, Japan 71' EASILY.

Concert footage from the 02 and some brand new LZ tunes. :thumbsup:

Japanese gigs are said to be really good, while the 77 tour had a great setlist, and some night were good enough I sopose. Any of those woud be nice. There is so little live official material than any new live release will be much expected. what would you think if they were to release the earls court or knebworth stuff?

Think of a 15-CD set of Multitrack recordings of the Japan shows in 1971. :o

How the East Was Won. B)

:o

Where's the "drool" smilie when you need it? :D

More like "How The East was Dominated and Left in Ruins". A truly amazing set of shows for LZ. Actually they were on fire that entire month. Berkeley and Hampton were great also.

Japanese gigs are said to be really good, while the 77 tour had a great setlist, and some night were good enough I sopose. Any of those woud be nice. There is so little live official material than any new live release will be much expected. what would you think if they were to release the earls court or knebworth stuff?

I'm sure I'd buy almost anything LZ releases that isn't a re-release, achillestand. :D

I'm not real big on live recordings though.

I love watching live performances on DVD, but I don't really enjoy listening to them, say on a CD in my car or at home.

I really crave something new.

After they release "How The West Was Won" and the Led Zeppelin DVD, I seem to remember Page saying that the well had dried up as far as quality material lying around.

Of course there were 6 "new" tracks with newest The Song Remains the Same release. Some of which were on the old DVD in full capacity and some were songs that were cut in the middle.

So I guess I'm wondering which cards Page hasn't dealt out yet.

After they release "How The West Was Won" and the Led Zeppelin DVD, I seem to remember Page saying that the well had dried up as far as quality material lying around.

Of course there were 6 "new" tracks with newest The Song Remains the Same release. Some of which were on the old DVD in full capacity and some were songs that were cut in the middle.

So I guess I'm wondering which cards Page hasn't dealt out yet.

Page isn't one to withhold information, let alone some songs.

I'm sure I'd buy almost anything LZ releases that isn't a re-release, achillestand. :D

I'm not real big on live recordings though.

I love watching live performances on DVD, but I don't really enjoy listening to them, say on a CD in my car or at home.

I really crave something new.

I'm with you on this one tyedye. Although I do like the sound of "How The East was Dominated and Left in Ruins"....I can picture a Led Zeppelin vs. Godzilla type movie.

Page isn't one to withhold information, let alone some songs.

Yeah that's my impression too.

But something had to have surfaced for new material to be out.

I guess we're all hoping that something else floats to the top.

Yeah that's my impression too.

But something had to have surfaced for new material to be out.

I guess we're all hoping that something else floats to the top.

I think people send him bootlegs and he goes over them and I guess spends time putting them together or just has fun reminiscing

Definitely the Japan shows, although I only have Osaka. It is one hell of a show, 35 min versions of Dazed and WLL.

Something from the '77 tour would be awesome, you never know there could be multi tracks of the whole LA run. Sigh, I'm dreaming haha.

Which brings me to a question, hypothetically if there was pro shot video of 21-6-77 do you think Page would release it?

Definitely the Japan shows, although I only have Osaka. It is one hell of a show, 35 min versions of Dazed and WLL.

Something from the '77 tour would be awesome, you never know there could be multi tracks of the whole LA run. Sigh, I'm dreaming haha.

Which brings me to a question, hypothetically if there was pro shot video of 21-6-77 do you think Page would release it?

No....I doubt it...I'm not sure if Pagey is too proud of the '77 tour.....BUT that's what I would like...other the above mentioned shows in Japan!!!

P.S. Weren't one of the Japanese shows supposedly taped by the band (as in video/movie)

No....I doubt it...I'm not sure if Pagey is too proud of the '77 tour.....BUT that's what I would like...other the above mentioned shows in Japan!!!

P.S. Weren't one of the Japanese shows supposedly taped by the band (as in video/movie)

That's news to me, I know they were supposedly soundboard recorded.

I think people send him bootlegs

Don't kid yourself! Page has a massive collection! If there's a show missing, he'll go and get it. He knows where they're available. The only exception is the stuff being held onto by the hoarders, and no one can pry those loose unless they decide to. And then Jimmy will have them immediately. :lol:

I WANT BATH!!! :beer:

I don't care what they put out just put something out!! I have boots of Knebworth and Earls court that I would like to see as official releases. I have never seen anything from 77 but I have heard those shows can be hit or miss. As for live material...I cant get enough of it. Zeppelin was definitely better live :D

Hey

My favorites:

The jazzed up original version of "No Quarter" from the studio rehersal boots and the origional "Kashmir" with Bonham using a double bass drum set, synthasized.

Page used to talk about working on a retrospective live box. Not whole shows but individual songs, which would be nice. The ideal for me would be CD of new material because irespective of it's quality (I'm not convinced they could pull it off) they'd tour it.

Archived