Jimmy and John Paul with Foo Fighters

Looks like they did it. Jimmy and John Paul played with the foo fighters last nite.

only 3 songs, 2 of zep.

it's so good to hear of them playing together.

Bonnaroo should be very interesting. robert is already there, john paul is already there, jason is only a few hours away and jimmy (my guess) will be waiting in the wings.

Here's a newpaper article of the show.

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/37175

Enjoy

Looks like they did it. Jimmy and John Paul played with the foo fighters last nite.

only 3 songs, 2 of zep.

it's so good to hear of them playing together.

Bonnaroo should be very interesting. robert is already there, john paul is already there, jason is only a few hours away and jimmy (my guess) will be waiting in the wings.

Here's a newpaper article of the show.

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/37175

Enjoy

Was interesting Dave Grohl played drums on Rock & Roll and Taylor sang then they swapped for Ramble.

I am uploading a bit of it to Youtube but we were right at the back of the stadium so not brill!

Another couple here

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...qzDDA&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=56...fHBDA&hl=en

Hopefully mine should be there soon if not keep trying!

Cheers

Warby

A friend sent me a text from Wembley last night to tell me about this.

I really don't like the foo fighters, and watching the youtube clips made me feel ok about missing it.

Let's move on.

Well, that told us, didn't it?!?

I'm a HUGE Foo Fighters fan as well as a HUGE Zep fan... It IS possible, you know! I was lucky enough to meet Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins some years ago and two nicer, more down-to-earth guys you couldn't wish to meet. I was also lucky enough to see Dave on stage with Paul McCartney only the other Sunday in Liverpool. The guy's enthusiasm is unbelievable. The guy is just LOVING every single second, and who can blame him??

And that's without mentioning his talent. How many drummers could escape the shadow of a HUGE band like Nirvana and go on to the level of success that he has? Not that commercial success is everything - I just happen to believe he's an amazing songwriter too.

I can't believe any Zep fan would say he or she feels OK about missing JPJ and JP on stage at the weekend, no matter how much he or she disliked the band they were onstage with. But then that's just my opinion.

Personally, I thought two members of Zep getting up with the Foos was HUGE news, but I should've expected it would be treated like an every day occurrence on this forum, with the amount of Dave Grohl bashing that has gone on on here before.

Let's not move on! Come on people, surely this is worthy of discussion?!?

I'm a HUGE Foo Fighters fan as well as a HUGE Zep fan... It IS possible, you know! I was lucky enough to meet Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins some years ago and two nicer, more down-to-earth guys you couldn't wish to meet. I was also lucky enough to see Dave on stage with Paul McCartney only the other Sunday in Liverpool. The guy's enthusiasm is unbelievable. The guy is just LOVING every single second, and who can blame him??

And that's without mentioning his talent. How many drummers could escape the shadow of a HUGE band like Nirvana and go on to the level of success that he has? Not that commercial success is everything - I just happen to believe he's an amazing songwriter too.

I can't believe any Zep fan would say he or she feels OK about missing JPJ and JP on stage at the weekend, no matter how much he or she disliked the band they were onstage with. But then that's just my opinion.

Personally, I thought two members of Zep getting up with the Foos was HUGE news, but I should've expected it would be treated like an every day occurrence on this forum, with the amount of Dave Grohl bashing that has gone on on here before.

Hear, hear.

I thought it was wonderful! Very exciting. The two Js sounded great and the Foos were so happy. It was all good.

I thought they rocked too., and glad just about everyone seemed to have a blast. :) For the UK fans, I just saw on the Foo Fighter's site (in the news section) that it looks like they'll be showing the Wembley shows in theaters soon:

From www.foofighters.com...

June 10, 2008 - Foo Fighters' Wembley Stadium Shows Hit the Big Screen!

On June 24th, cinema audiences across the UK will come together to relive the historic Wembley Stadium gigs, or witness them for the first time. Vue Entertainment presents Foo Fighters' Sold Out Wembley Stadium shows in High Definition and 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound at the local UK multiplex. The shows will be broadcast on Tuesday, June 24th at 20:40 on 50 Vue cinema screens across the UK, giving fans who were unable to get tickets to the shows a chance to experience the moment, or a chance to relive it for those who were there. This will be the only chance to see the concert on the big screen and in High Definition.

Tickets go on sale from 9am GMT on Tuesday, June 10th via www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/967053, www.myvue.com/foofighters, by calling 08712 240 240 or directly from participating cinemas

Sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere!

I thought they rocked too., and glad just about everyone seemed to have a blast. :) For the UK fans, I just saw on the Foo Fighter's site (in the news section) that it looks like they'll be showing the Wembley shows in theaters soon:

From www.foofighters.com...

June 10, 2008 - Foo Fighters' Wembley Stadium Shows Hit the Big Screen!

On June 24th, cinema audiences across the UK will come together to relive the historic Wembley Stadium gigs, or witness them for the first time. Vue Entertainment presents Foo Fighters' Sold Out Wembley Stadium shows in High Definition and 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound at the local UK multiplex. The shows will be broadcast on Tuesday, June 24th at 20:40 on 50 Vue cinema screens across the UK, giving fans who were unable to get tickets to the shows a chance to experience the moment, or a chance to relive it for those who were there. This will be the only chance to see the concert on the big screen and in High Definition.

Tickets go on sale from 9am GMT on Tuesday, June 10th via www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/967053, www.myvue.com/foofighters, by calling 08712 240 240 or directly from participating cinemas

Sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere!

Thanks leding lady - I don't know about anyone else but I haven't read this anywhere else.

My only concern would be whether or not JP & JPJ's appearance will be included. I listened to the show on the BBC site (after the event) and the 'Foo Zeppelin' bit was notable by its absence...

Thanks leding lady - I don't know about anyone else but I haven't read this anywhere else.

My only concern would be whether or not JP & JPJ's appearance will be included. I listened to the show on the BBC site (after the event) and the 'Foo Zeppelin' bit was notable by its absence...

You're very welcome. Yes, it was disappointing that the BBC site didn't include the JP/JPJ parts... bummer... but thanks to the good people here with the links to YouTube, was thrilled to hear/see it!

It would be great to experience on the big screen with big sound. Hopefully, in the cinemas they'll include the entire Saturday show, but even if not, it should be something for Foo fans! :) I like some of their stuff, but admit I'm not too familiar with all their material.

If you can make it to a theater-showing, enjoy!! :D

I would've gone to that concert without a doubt. To see JPJ and Jimmy Page would've been a real treat, Robert or no Robert, Foo Fighters or anyone. Don't matter to me.

Rock and Roll (the genre, not the song) without Robert Plant is still a good time, and seeing 2/4ths of what used to Led Zeppelin is better than no Led Zep at all.

Are they coming to the States?

I've always been a Foo fan, not a big fan of Dave's singing...but they rocked with the boys last night. Page was indeed into it..and it made me wonder...he's beginning to get the vibe in him..like something is on the wings..something big is afloat...something.

Its a good time to be a led zeppelin fan. I've been listening to the bluegrass stuff off jpj's -thunderthief album, hoediddle, down to the river to pray, after just seeing alison krauss and robert plant this past week. Its all good news, and it'll be interesting to see if plant sings with any of the bands at bonarroo like jpj did last year.

After listening to jones solo albums, one cant help to think what jimmy would play over some of that stuff. Not to mention his own stuff off outrider and its been a long time since jam sandwich ofcourse. jpj and jp playing together w/jason and now showing up on stage with the foo figthers, is a very good thing.

My post told you my view. That's all. Of course you're entitled to a different view. :)

for fecks sake we have Jimmy and JPJ on stage together twice in one year and people here are having a fecking whinge - God Bless you David Grohl for working so hard to give us this privilege of seeing them again - thank you thank you thank you

I wasn't having a whinge. But if I had heard the rumours and if I had paid money to be there, I reckon I would have been underwhelmed by the collaboration. Ramble On was particularly horrible, with Grohl singing.

It's my view, take it or leave it. It is no more or less important than anyone else's.

Like you, I hope that JP and JPJ keep busy, working together. But we are all free to decide if we like what they do.

Archived