An interessting point brought up to me by a friend...

the 3 mates moved on to solo/post LZ careers after 1980... and have each made some wonderful music outside of LZ...

but do you think it would be fair to hear solo material during a Led Zeppelin concert/tour?

I bring it up, because Robert is playing LZ songs with Alison on their tour right now... and a part of me really wants to hear how jimmy would play tracks from Zooma

solo material and original LZ material in a single concert... fair or foul?

the 3 mates moved on to solo/post LZ careers after 1980... and have each made some wonderful music outside of LZ...

but do you think it would be fair to hear solo material during a Led Zeppelin concert/tour?

I bring it up, because Robert is playing LZ songs with Alison on their tour right now... and a part of me really wants to hear how jimmy would play tracks from Zooma

solo material and original LZ material in a single concert... fair or foul?

Very good point

They've dabbled a bit before - Page and Plant performed 'Shake My Tree' during their 95 tour, I get the impression Jimmy is quite proud of that riff. If you can track it down, there's some fantastic use of the transperformance Les Paul and some stirring Theremin work too. Very animated and inspired.

From what I've heard of their performance at the o2, with the chemistry back to more or less how it was in the 70's - Jason is superb - it would be be good to see how 'Led Zeppelin' would tackle some of the individual members' solo work. The only one, from Outrider....certainly some of John Paul Jones' work. And without doubt, from Clarksdale, I'd like to see a full Zeppelin onslaught on When the world was young, and Most High. I feel those last two tracks would certainly take on a new dimension.

Let's all hope, eh!

No! If I want to hear solo songs I'll see Robert or Jimmy solo I see Led Zeppelin for Led Zeppelin Black Sabbath didnt play Ozzy songs on their reunion solo songs would just eat time time from some Zep greats.

it

would be be good to see how 'Led Zeppelin' would tackle some of the individual members' solo work

No! If I want to hear solo songs I'll see Robert or Jimmy solo I see Led Zeppelin for Led Zeppelin Black Sabbath didnt play Ozzy songs on their reunion solo songs would just eat time time from some Zep greats.

aye, there's the rub...

I'd like to hear some of Robert's early solo stuff with Jimmy et al like Burning Down One Side or Slow Dance etc...or a good I Got a Woman or Rockin' at midnight in a rock medley inside a Lemon Song ...so I for one wouldn't mind it.

I'd like to hear some of Robert's early solo stuff with Jimmy et al like Burning Down One Side or Slow Dance etc...or a good I Got a Woman or Rockin' at midnight in a rock medley inside a Lemon Song ...so I for one wouldn't mind it.

That I could REALLY go for! :)

Would be great. Plant really loves that song, judging from comments made after the Montreux gig.

Me? I'd enjoy what ever they wanted to play! :D They wouldn't ever pick crap and would always make it interesting.

I remember hearing Page and Plant breaking into a bit of "Radar Love" (I know, a cover, not one of their solo compositions) in 1995 in Dallas, straying off the Zep reservation a bit, but I enjoyed their rendition. The Coverdale/Page stuff (Plant covering Coverdale! - take that! - ha!) was good too.

But if there were a full fledged reunion, it seems you've got 2 to 2 1/2 hours to work with and an incredible LZ catalog to choose from. Better to pack that time period with Zeppelin proper IMHO.

Unless they played all night they wouldn't play all the LZ songs I'd want to hear so if I had a choice I'd say no.

But, if they played Abba's greatest hits I'd still want to be there!

There ain't much from any of their solo careers I'd really want to hear but Like I've (we've) Never Been Gone might be fun as an opening number and I've always thought that some JP guitar would add to the Mighty Rearanger songs.

Archived