As Long As I Have You

Zoso2112

The best version is supposedly April 27, 1969, the last Fillmore West concert of that tour. Maybe it's just the recording I have of it, but I don't really see what people see in this song. To me, it just sounds like Robert talking above a guitar part that makes no sense. Everyone seems to love the song though, so I'm sure it's just me.

I would say the song has its moments. Theres alot of really awesome parts in the medleys, but as a whole song (by a really young band) it sounds a little rough.

I still enjoy it though because its early Zeppelin.

My favorite version is 4-24-1969 because they play through some pretty big bass-rig problems, and its really the first look we get at the band having to play through a problem - they do it pretty well (Plant even works "I think were having problems with our equipment" into the lyrics).

Fillmore 69 rocks. All of them! :D

Could you imagine being there and seeing those shows? Last night you saw the Dead and Airplane, and Quicksilver. Then you get Led fucking Zeppelin??? Holy shit!! :notworthy:

4/24/1969 is when I first realized this was a real band (refer to my previous post) and not some sort of dream or something. The bass rig problem was a refreshing mistake.

I've got to say, I never thought too much about how ahead Zeppelin was for its time, but you raised a good point with Jefferson Airplane and Quicksilver. I couldn't imagine living then and seeing both types of music during the same time period.

Sure the Airplane was trippy and shit, but christ, the Zeppelin? The people watching their shows in the really early days must've just been like "what... in the fuck... is going on."

I love the Fillmore 69 shows because I can just picture myself in the crowd trippin on acid and who knows what just staring off into nowhere just dazed at what sort of shit was hitting my ears.

4/24/1969 is when I first realized this was a real band (refer to my previous post) and not some sort of dream or something. The bass rig problem was a refreshing mistake.

I've got to say, I never thought too much about how ahead Zeppelin was for its time, but you raised a good point with Jefferson Airplane and Quicksilver. I couldn't imagine living then and seeing both types of music during the same time period.

Sure the Airplane was trippy and shit, but christ, the Zeppelin? The people watching their shows in the really early days must've just been like "what... in the fuck... is going on."

I love the Fillmore 69 shows because I can just picture myself in the crowd trippin on acid and who knows what just staring off into nowhere just dazed at what sort of shit was hitting my ears.

Man that is some funny stuff. Zeppelin was really ahead of their time.

Isn't that supposedly the earliest known live zep recording?

Earliest recording in circulation, yes. There are rumors that tapes exist from the first Scandanavian tour that Peter Grant had recorded, but there's been no proof.

I know he said theres really no material left to put out, but Jimmy's gotta packin some heat in one of his vaults to be released in another couple years and some ambition builds up - just like the how the west was won performaces from L.A.

Lets hope its a soundboard from 68. B)

I know he said theres really no material left to put out, but Jimmy's gotta packin some heat in one of his vaults to be released in another couple years and some ambition builds up - just like the how the west was won performaces from L.A.

Lets hope its a soundboard from 68. B)

I wonder whatever happened with the "Wolfgang's Vault" situation? That dude bought Bill Graham's entire vault of recordings and memorabilia. Since he recorded virtually every show at his venues, I'd read that Jimmy and the likes of Pete Townshend had wanted to go through the vault and check out any of their gigs that had been recorded at the Fillmore. Who knows, maybe even Kezar Stadium '73 was recorded by Graham? But then I think I read Zeppelin was suing the guy who now owns the vault for posting their recordings on his site. So don't know if that all fell through? Maybe he wanted a lot of money for the tapes? Who knows...

I wonder whatever happened with the "Wolfgang's Vault" situation? That dude bought Bill Graham's entire vault of recordings and memorabilia. Since he recorded virtually every show at his venues, I'd read that Jimmy and the likes of Pete Townshend had wanted to go through the vault and check out any of their gigs that had been recorded at the Fillmore. Who knows, maybe even Kezar Stadium '73 was recorded by Graham? But then I think I read Zeppelin was suing the guy who now owns the vault for posting their recordings on his site. So don't know if that all fell through? Maybe he wanted a lot of money for the tapes? Who knows...

you can buy zeppelin there.

1/11/69 a 33 minute set

4/27/69 the 1st set over an hour

...but that's it.

over 10 who shows, though.

you can buy zeppelin there.

1/11/69 a 33 minute set

4/27/69 the 1st set over an hour

...but that's it.

over 10 who shows, though.

Incorrect. You can stream the Zeppelin shows, but they are not available for download or purchase.

Archived