SUNDAY DINNER

BIGDAN

Hi Folks,

My wife is away on holiday with her dad for the week, so I had to make dinner for my two boy's.

And they love my Sunday Dinner's, so I thought you all might like to have a look and see what you think. And then lets see what you lot can rustle up. This is not a competition just a bit of fun.

Regards, Danny

SundayDinner01.jpg

SundayDinner02.jpg

SundayDinner03.jpg

PS, I know Miss Honey Dripper is from Yorkshire, so if you are there, what do you think of my "Yorkshire Puddings", they are over 4 inches high!!!

Hi Folks,

My wife is away on holiday with her dad for the week, so I had to make dinner for my two boy's.

And they love my Sunday Dinner's, so I thought you all might like to have a look and see what you think. And then lets see what you lot can rustle up. This is not a competition just a bit of fun.

Regards, Danny

SundayDinner01.jpg

SundayDinner02.jpg

SundayDinner03.jpg

PS, I know Miss Honey Dripper is from Yorkshire, so if you are there, what do you think of my "Yorkshire Puddings", they are over 4 inches high!!!

damn, i'm hungry! what's a yorkshire pudding? looks delicious!

Hi Folks,

Regards, Danny

SundayDinner01.jpg

SundayDinner02.jpg

SundayDinner03.jpg

:lol: Even before I read that, I was scrutinising the yorkshires. You've done a grand job at getting them to rise...that's half the battle, so kudos for that Danny. Just a tad over done I would say, but not a bad job at all. The roasties look delish!! :)

Hi beatbo,

I think I should let Miss Honey Dripper answer this as she is a native of Yorkshire, I wouldn't want to offend her with my cockney nonsense about how to cook them.

Regards, Danny

Hey Big Dan that looks awesome.I also like to cook.Beautiful stove you got there. :thumbsup:

There is a pub in my neighbourhood that serves Yorkies stuffed with roast beef and served up with horseradish gravy.I'm from Western Canada :beer:

Hi Folks,

Regards, Danny

SundayDinner01.jpg

SundayDinner02.jpg

SundayDinner03.jpg

Wow. This is making me hungry. I can't remember the last time i had a home cooked meal. I usually eat out or heat up frozen pizza or have kraft dinner.

Hey Big Dan that looks awesome.I also like to cook.Beautiful stove you got there. :thumbsup:

There is a pub in my neighbourhood that serves Yorkies stuffed with roast beef and served up with horseradish gravy.I'm from Western Canada :beer:

Hi "Babs",

The boys said they tasted great, although we couldn't eat them all, not true, my son Luke is having the rest for supper.

I have only just tried to cook them because my wife's never rise. So I thought I would use some old fashioned logic and try myself. I still have a few things to iron out but I am pleased with the results so far. I might even post them to Gordon Ramsey. LOL

Glad you like the stove, but I still only cook on two rings, men cant multi-task you know? LOL

Let me say "Hello" to all you good folks, even cousins, across the pond, from all here in Blighty.

Regards, Danny

Yorshshire puddings are delicious beatbo. They are traditionally served before the main Sunday lunch, as a starter (my mother always serves them this way)but most people nowadays have them with their lunch. The recipe is very basic, I've included a link here if anyone wants to have a bash at making them, but the key to getting them to rise is to get your oven really hot so that the fat in the cooking tray is mega hot...and to beat them well to get air into the mixture. The recipe I've linked says uses vegetable oil but I think putting a knob of lard into each case is better but it depends how health concious you are as of course lard is pure animal fat!

Yorkshire Pudding recipe

Yorshshire puddings are delicious beatbo. They are traditionally served before the main Sunday lunch, as a starter (my mother always serves them this way)but most people nowadays have them with their lunch. The recipe is very basic, I've included a link here if anyone wants to have a bash at making them, but the key to getting them to rise is to get your oven really hot so that the fat in the cooking tray is mega hot...and to beat them well to get air into the mixture. The recipe I've linked says uses vegetable oil but I think putting a knob of lard into each case is better but it depends how health concious you are as of course lard is pure animal fat!

Well 'Miss Honey Dripper',

It seems my recipe is somewhat different to the one you have chosen to link to, but basically it is very close to mine. I use lard as it runs to a higher temperature than oil and when I am ready to put in the mixture I put the tray with the lard in over the hob so the lard can smoke, then you know the mixture will sizzle when you put it in. But I would still like to know your recipe, or is it a Yorkshire secret?

Regards, Danny

ohhhh yeahhh new foods!!! Thank you miss hd for that link...I was thinkin ok someone asked twice now....as I read through!! and what about those other things there. roasties ya call em? They both look scrumptious. Do they go with tea? suppose not? my mom and daughters have just this year had a few teas. we rather enjoy it. anyyyyhoooo thank you :D and congratulations on meeting jason miss hd.

Yorkshire Pudding recipe

thank you, missHD, i am defintely going to give it ago. i am a cook of some repute around my parts, and always looking for authentic good food to feed my love3d ones. danny's look scrumptious, so i'm gonna do the lard and the oven like you said and see what danny says to watch for. thanks for both of your time...

hey wheres the beef, I thought you said there was beef in it. Or was that just one way someone served them.

Its just milk eggs flour oil and salt n pepper? how do you eat it? Do ya need a spoon or can u pick it up. Is there a sauce?

Those pics make me want to pig out! :D

Here's a recipe I tried just recently even though I've eaten this for years.

Chicken Adobo Ingredients (Filipino Dish)

3 lbs chicken pieces (legs, thighs or breasts, doesn't matter)

Large sweet onion

6 cloves garlic

2 bay leaves

Low sodium soy sauce

White vinegar

Cut up the onion and place it in the bottom of a crock pot

Mash up the garlic cloves and sprinkle 1/2 onto the onions

Lay in one bay leaf

Put chicken on top of this

Mix a 1/2 cup of white vinegar and 3/4 cup of soy sauce with the rest of the garlic in a bowl

Pour this over the chicken

Lay the second bay leaf on top

Cook on high for 4 hours

serve with rice

If you've never had or smelled this dish you'll never forget it and want more. :D

Those pics make me want to pig out! :D

Here's a recipe I tried just recently even though I've eaten this for years.

Chicken Adobo Ingredients (Filipino Dish)

3 lbs chicken pieces (legs, thighs or breasts, doesn't matter)

Large sweet onion

6 cloves garlic

2 bay leaves

Low sodium soy sauce

White vinegar

Cut up the onion and place it in the bottom of a crock pot

Mash up the garlic cloves and sprinkle 1/2 onto the onions

Lay in one bay leaf

Put chicken on top of this

Mix a 1/2 cup of white vinegar and 3/4 cup of soy sauce with the rest of the garlic in a bowl

Pour this over the chicken

Lay the second bay leaf on top

Cook on high for 4 hours

serve with rice

If you've never had or smelled this dish you'll never forget it and want more. :D

I can smell that now! Put a couple of shrooms in there - and I'm signed, sealed, and delivered...

Had some friends over for sunday lunch.so just like too add, good to see friends all together

my yorkshire pudding did not turn out that well. So next time fat spitting hot ,thanks Mam :D:(

Next Time Toad in the Hole......

Archived