Scorpio TimD

BillyMacQ

Don't you just love it when someone you've long believed was a complete tool reveals his true colors publicly? TimD's recent rant about a Scorpio 'stealing his work' and being 'outright theft' was just priceless. What a moron.

"This show is mine." Heehee...

http://www.collectorsmusicreviews.com/led-...28-72-get-back/

love it!

Billy

Give it a rest dude. they already have a thread about this over at RO.....this is an example why people hoard Zeppelin tapes.

Not everyone peruses the message boards in Mr. Peterson's neighborhood, and this story needs to be spread far and wide across Planet Zeptune.

Love,

Billy

TimD is quite alright with me. In fact, he can do no wrong. I can't hear your criticism of him because what you are speaks too loudly.

What's that you say, Steve? Your reputation within the Page/Plant camps as a bonafide stalker who should be kept away from Robert and Jimmy at all costs is so LOUD I can't hear you.

That's what makes your alleged "insider" status within this forum so laughable. If people only knew the truth...

Love,

Billy

What's that you say, Steve? Your reputation within the Page/Plant camps as a bonafide stalker who should be kept away from Robert and Jimmy at all costs is so LOUD I can't hear you.

That's what makes your alleged "insider" status within this forum so laughable. If people only knew the truth...

Love,

Billy

I'm kept so far away at all costs I'm granted a daily presence here on this, the official website in addition to correspondence thru management, project involvement, etc. I

know the truth and that's all that matters to me.

If you want to debate if TimD's viewpoints concerning the Tucson '72 tape are valid

that's a topic of potential interest, but I'll be damned if I'm going to allow an FBO-banned axe-grinder to slander Tim D. in this forum without posting a rebuttle.

Tim D. has shared more tapes in a 100% non-profit manner than anyone else who comes to mind. Were it not for his self-financed efforts, many recordings would never have seen light of day. Personal attacks upon him accomplish nothing except to further convince those with unreleased recordings not to share them with others.

I'm kept so far away at all costs I'm granted a daily presence here on this, the official website in addition to correspondence thru management, project involvement, etc. I

If you want to debate if TimD's viewpoints concerning the Tucson '72 tape are valid

that's a topic of potential interest, but I'll be damned if I'm going to allow an FBO-banned axe-grinder to slander Tim D. in this forum without posting a rebuttle.

Tim D. has shared more tapes in a 100% non-profit manner than anyone else who comes to mind. Were it not for his self-financed efforts, many recordings would never have seen light of day. Personal attacks upon him accomplish nothing save to further convince those with unreleased recording not to share them with others.

it's where i got my copy....

Tim D. has shared more tapes in a 100% non-profit manner than anyone else who comes to mind. Were it not for his self-financed efforts, many recordings would never have seen light of day. Personal attacks upon him accomplish nothing save to further convince those with unreleased recording not to share them with others.

Amen to that :D

Not everyone peruses the message boards in Mr. Peterson's neighborhood, and this story needs to be spread far and wide across Planet Zeptune.

Love,

Billy

But why?

I read and seen how Tim D was treated for releasing this tape. there is about 300+ pages worth on TTD/ Dime/ect. and for the first time in my life I was embarrassed to be a Led-Zeppelin fan.

and now he gets this!.....talk about biting the hand that feeds you. :( how sad.

I just don't get it!

I read and seen how Tim D was treated for releasing this tape. there is about 300+ pages worth on TTD/ Dime/ect. and for the first time in my life I was embarrassed to be a Led-Zeppelin fan.

and now he gets this!.....talk about biting the hand that feeds you. :( how sad.

The release of the Tucson '72 tape is a story in and of itself. I was merely an observer with no involvement whatsoever, but suffice to say the cloak and dagger accusations, counter-accusations, allegations, attacks and b.s. levied at Tim D. and others over it actually led me to leave FBO for the better part of three years until Nech (and other co-admins) purged the list of all principle axe-grinders like Billy MacQ and encouraged

me to return, which I did.

I understand there are some for whom torrents hold no appeal; they just gotta have the

show on silver cd. Others flatly refuse to purchase silver cds and are quite content to

torrent, trade, etc. Seems to me Tim D. may have an unrealistic expectation of people

in the bootlegging business to demonstrate integrity, let alone respect for his efforts.

Even so, you'd think those without a dog in the fight would show a little appreciation.

I understand there are some for whom torrents hold no appeal; they just gotta have the

show on silver cd. Others flatly refuse to purchase silver cds and are quite content to

torrent, trade, etc. Seems to me Tim D. may have an unrealistic expectation of people

in the bootlegging business to demonstrate integrity, let alone respect for his efforts.

Even so, you'd think those without a dog in the fight would show a little appreciation.

I read Tim's comments on CMR with great interest.

I make no secret of the fact that I like to collect silver CDs, although recently my eyes have been opened to the opportunties provided by torrents, and those (like Tim) who work hard to get them out there. I applaud his efforts.

In this case I think it was merely his badly-worded response on CMR which has been the cause of much derision.

Clearly the show was not "His" - he was not the taper, although he did remaster it and put it out to the trading community.

Unfortunately the fact that Scorpio picked up on the tape & pressed it to silver is simply the nature of the beast. As you rightly pointed out, there is no honour amongst the bootleggers.

To even things out a little bit, the soundboards from 75 & 77 which Empress valley have released find their way onto download sites and are usually torrented very quickly.

However, I do agree that Tim has been on the sharp end of the stick from certain quarters. He just needs to pick his words a bit more carefully.

Tim has been on the sharp end of the stick from certain quarters. He just needs to pick his words a bit more carefully.

Ah, what he needs to do is get over himself.

"amongst the collector community my integrity is considered sacrosanct"

"The show is mine"

"my recording"

and from Tape City

"I've been nice enough to master this recording via Sonic Foundry"

here's another gem

"There will be no further discussion of this subject."

What a joke.

Love,

Billy

Ah, what he needs to do is get over himself.

"amongst the collector community my integrity is considered sacrosanct"

"The show is mine"

"my recording"

and from Tape City

"I've been nice enough to master this recording via Sonic Foundry"

here's another gem

"There will be no further discussion of this subject."

What a joke.

Love,

Billy

that is pretty funny.

but, where are your shows?

:rolleyes:

...at least this guy doesn't go around sending hitherto unreleased/uncirculated Zeppelin shows to people with specific instructions not to share them, like Freezer does...I knew the bastard had sent out the Baton Rouge '77 show to people; I just HAD to goad him into admitting his motives.

when are tapers going to realize that, if they don't want their precious recordings to turn up in the hands of the bootleggers, to a) keep their fuckin' mouths shut about what they're hoarding or b- don't share at all- especially in this day and age...you put up a show, it shows up on a bit torrent site, give it a week and it'll be in the hands of a jap bootlegger. Okay? That's reality. Either share the goddamn tapes with the general public or keep them to yourselves; those are the options. There is no grey area on this matter.

Some of these tapers are so self righteous it's not even funny. "That's MY tape"...blah blah blah...ever occurred to any of you waterhead tapers that most of the fans don't give a fuck who taped the show, as long as they can hear it?????

:rolleyes:

...at least this guy doesn't go around sending hitherto unreleased/uncirculated Zeppelin shows to people with specific instructions not to share them, like Freezer does...I knew the bastard had sent out the Baton Rouge '77 show to people; I just HAD to goad him into admitting his motives.

when are tapers going to realize that, if they don't want their precious recordings to turn up in the hands of the bootleggers, to a) keep their fuckin' mouths shut about what they're hoarding or b- don't share at all- especially in this day and age...you put up a show, it shows up on a bit torrent site, give it a week and it'll be in the hands of a jap bootlegger. Okay? That's reality. Either share the goddamn tapes with the general public or keep them to yourselves; those are the options. There is no grey area on this matter.

Some of these tapers are so self righteous it's not even funny. "That's MY tape"...blah blah blah...ever occurred to any of you waterhead tapers that most of the fans don't give a fuck who taped the show, as long as they can hear it?????

Oh my Jesus, how right you are. Anyone who participates in this whole tape collecting/trading mess and has the nerve to talk about ethics is a hypocrite of the highest order. Good to see my old friend TimD jumping to the head of that class. Oh wait, there WILL BE NO FURTHER DISCUSSION OF THE MATTER. Heehee...

Love,

Billy

And so, kids, this is how it is in the "upper class" world of Led Zep trading circles.

Paranoia in the extreme. And remember kids, these are GROWN MEN, not little spotty teenagers. :blink:

Billy - why don't you just fuck off back to your ridiculous Phreak club where you belong. You are mad. :o

Save your shit for your precious "club". I'm surprised the Mods haven't pulled this thread already. (I'll bet they're having a chuckle reading it though....) B)

"Paranoia" is as good a term as any.

Either the damn tapers are more protective of their precious tapes than Mama Bear with her cubs or the bootleggers are fighting one another in order to have the most superior version of the show. Six of one, half a dozen of the other...again, most of the 'consumers', as it were, aren't so picky.

Archived