What was influence to get into music?

LedZep1969

my dad showed me Led Zeppelin I, and since that day I have loved almost all classic rock and metal.

My dad listened to Roger Miller and Johnny Cash, and that got my interest, at an early age. My older cousin introduced me to Zep, Foghat, and Aerosmith. My friends introduced me to psychedelic music, and other related things...

I always loved music, but i got into rock music when i met cool friends at the age of 10. My best friend had an older brother with cool friends, so that was her influence. I'm now passing on the best music ever made to my child.

I would simply listen to whatever was going at the time, and I thought it was ok; then I heard Elvis, who I thought was a hell lot better, so I asked for a compilation fro Christmas. I got it and loved it, but still continued to listen to the modern stuff along with that. Then I met Queen. I already heard of the obvious ones, We Will Rock You, Bohemian Rhapsody; but then my brother introduced me to Don't Stop Me Now and I was hooked. I bought the Greatest Hits Platinum Collection and then the rest of the albums, musically, Queen were now the best thing that had ever happened to me. I found the online Queen forums, and met some people there, one guy got me into collecting Queen concerts, and we continued to stay in contact; he then showed me the Beatles. He sent me a compilation, and I loved them, then I did the same as with Queen, I bought all the albums, and now have nearly everything they released on CD.

I had heard of things like Stairway, and then decided to get myself into a band so I bought Mothership and was hooked.

It was through my older cousins and the older siblings of my friends. When I was very young, I remember watching American Bandstand and listening to my older cousins play rock and roll records. Then, through the older siblings of my friends, I discovered the Beatles and the Stones. Only a few years later, Led Zep came along - I learned of them through my friend's older brothers. :)

I listened to Michael Jackson alot when I was younger, then I started listening to Triple J (Aussie radio station) and found awesome modern rock bands like Wolfmother! I looked at my favourite bands' influences and found bands like Led Zeppelin, Cream, Pink Floyd, The Doors etc.

And here I am now.

Archived