Nashville Show

Last I heard the dvd filming was cancelled for the St. Louis show. They cancelled the 2nd night of the show and now they are only there one day, Sept. 24 and no filming will be done. I have ticktets from the original date, June 19th and Metrotix called me when they rescheduled the show to Sept 24-25 and then they called me again to let me know that the Sept. 25th show was cancelled and just the one show would be happening.

a dvd is in the works (St. Louis show(s), last I heard was to be professionally recorded). not sure about a release date, yet.

R B)

Nice pics and a very good arcticle. Thanks for letting us see it. Robert doesn't say no way never to a Zeppelin tour at least. And that always give's us hope. I think he could wake up one day next year and just decide to do it. Who knows. I am hoping that Jimmy and Jason will convince him to play with them. I wonder how Allison would do on the Battle of Evermore?

She does an excellent job. They've been doing it every night on the tour.

Wow. I didn't realize they were doing it. Is Robert singing it like he did with Led Zeppelin or is it much differant like the Black Dog version I heard?

This current version of Black Dog with Alison Krauss and Robert Plant has a who-do-the-voodoo-to-you sound to it.

here is the interview from the tennessean, to save people from the jump.

excellent interview, thanks for the post, kentuckygirl!

excellent indeed. i never forget why i love listening to/reading robert plant in interviews. "earnest" describes him. there's something about the way he views things and the world that piques your mind and believe in his authenticity as a human being not just a celebrity.

Rock god Plant finds new roots

Krauss collaboration inspires

By BEVERLY KEEL • Staff Writer • July 20, 2008

"As Alison was saying, 'Sometimes it's so easy to listen to something and to be moved to tears by it.' That whole deal ... in the kind of transience of modern British music you don't kind of get that. You don't carry Charlie Rich's voice forever — but I do.

oh but we do carry your voice forever mr. plant. surely i speak for so many. from your orgasmic wails to your smooth baritones to your "haunting" ballads. that voice takes one to different states of mind

"He doesn't want any veneer," she said. "He is very likable, very down-to-earth and very enthusiastic. I haven't met anybody, when he walked into a room, that he just didn't light up. He's very friendly and he has a serious charm about him.

"You are amazed that he is who he is, after all that attention."

one big part of charm, on top of that already extraordinary good looks, is he has no put on. he'd never have made it in hollywood lol.

There are far more important issues in the world to be concerned with than a Led Zeppelin reunion, he said. "But if you're thinking about whether there will be another Indiana Jones? Well, gee, there is. Could Led Zeppelin play together? Of course they could, but why? And for what? That is the question. ... Otherwise we'd have kept going after we lost John Bonham. So my ideal is that I go with my heart."

robert plant you sure do provide a nice diversion to otherwise annoying/depressing world issues. like a breath of fresh air.

And his heart is telling him that his adventures are endless.

good to know. nice to have you around robert. hope you stick around for a long long time to come.

"There was a great song once, which I am surprised never made it into the annals of contemporary American country music/folk music," he said. "It's called 'Rejoice for the Song Has No Ending.' That is basically what it is: The song has no ending if you can turn the song and keep it real and beautiful, and that is what is happening to me."

Celebrity columnist Beverly Keel can be reached at 615-259-8073 or beverly@tennessean.com.

these are my fave excerpts from this interview. compelled to comment.

BRING THE TROOPS HOME.

memphis said: When the show first started I did have this odd thought of it being a musical wedding and that each set of fans was there to either see the groom (Robert Plant) or the bride (Alison Krauss)

very keen observation and well-written. thanks for your post. a joy to read...

very keen observation and well-written. thanks for your post. a joy to read...

Thank you :) I think I'm hooked and really want to see them again haha

This current version of Black Dog with Alison Krauss and Robert Plant has a who-do-the-voodoo-to-you sound to it.

Oh I so agree with you EL...when I first saw the clip of Alison and Robert singing it all I could think was "Damn!" and I got those goosebumps and chills that always come up when I hear something amazing. There is a sexy backwoods vibe to Black Dog when it is done that way. This holds true to the original version but takes it to a whole new level.

I thought we might get an Austin Limit DVD...is that not happening?

Oh that comment "Never surrender"

"Good luck going from strand to strand"

No one knows hair and history better than Robert Plant ;)

Alison and Robert really take this verison of the Battle of Evermore to a new level. It's interesting to be able to compare the different verisons along with singers and to see how the song take on a new role or storyline. It seems to take on a story of the American myths when Alison sings it. A new life to the song. Really worth hearing or seeing the magical duet happen...

Oh I so agree with you EL...when I first saw the clip of Alison and Robert singing it all I could think was "Damn!" and I got those goosebumps and chills that always come up when I hear something amazing. There is a sexy backwoods vibe to Black Dog when it is done that way. This holds true to the original version but takes it to a whole new level.

Saint James Infirmary has a similar sound, a sort of spooky French Quarter jazz rhythm. Also,

has a familiar lyric along with the slow blues.

Yes she does a great job on Battle of Evermore live. Watching her sing Blackdog makes me get a nice tingle the girls must got watching Percy sing it!

Be prepared for her to give you big goosebumps with her singing!

Saint James Infirmary has a similar sound, a sort of spooky French Quarter jazz rhythm. Also,
has a familiar lyric along with the slow blues.

Oh yes!

I think of tribal drums and dance moves haha

Thank you for those clips

--loved them

Oh and Pops...Alison gives me goosebumps and I have to say I love her style those boots were made for walkin' haha :D

Archived