Qantas Plane Makes Emergency Landing

Cactus

I think it's a little misleading what the media has said about the aircraft 'losing altitude' and 'dropping' because it was a controlled emergency descent. Media always report these things in a sensational way though, unfortunately. It only adds to the fear many people have of flying, though.

In this case everything went as it should, and the work now is to find out what caused it, and how it can be prevented in future.

I think it's a little misleading what the media has said about the aircraft 'losing altitude' and 'dropping' because it was a controlled emergency descent. Media always report these things in a sensational way though, unfortunately. It only adds to the fear many people have of flying, though.

In this case everything went as it should, and the work now is to find out what caused it, and how it can be prevented in future.

I hear ya

Kudos to the entire flight crew! They had nothing but rave reviews on how they handled the situation. Yes, very scary, it seems to have originated in the luggage area...

Ally, where did you see that vid?! I'd love to watch it...

Kudos to the entire flight crew! They had nothing but rave reviews on how they handled the situation. Yes, very scary, it seems to have originated in the luggage area...

Ally, where did you see that vid?! I'd love to watch it...

Saw it on CNN, the day of the incident. Just showed the interior of the cabin as the plane landed and with everybody clapping

Archived