The Half Blood Prince

Eggbert

Did anyone else hear that the new Harry Potter film has been delayed, from the 21st of November to the 17th July next year!?

I couldnt believe it when I read it.

Thats almost a year until it gets released.

Is anyone else as annoyed as I am?

Yeah, 7th was very good. 6th I begin to appreciate more, though I found it too grim when I read it originally.

I'm a sucker for the grim B) so i naturaly enjoyed it.

I always thought they got better and better and the books went on...except the second book. I hated the second book. The movies on the other hand are all good, but they didn't get continuously better IMHO

Did anyone else hear that the new Harry Potter film has been delayed, from the 21st of November to the 17th July next year!?

I couldnt believe it when I read it.

Thats almost a year until it gets released.

Is anyone else as annoyed as I am?

Anyone want to bet Robert Plant or Alison Krauss has something to do with this?

From imdb/WENN:

Potter Bosses Fear Movie Flop

15 August 2008 12:00 PM, PDT

Harry Potter movie makers fear the next installment of the fantasy franchise will flop - because J.K. Rowling has released the last novel in the series.

The first five films were a huge box office success, cashing in on the hype surrounding the publication of Rowling's books.

But the seventh and final text was in bookshops last year - and there are still three movies yet to hit theatres.

The film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is set for release next year, while the final book - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - will be split into two pictures.

And screenwriter Steve Kloves admits to Entertainment Weekly, "I'm not going to lie to you. I do have some concern that because the books are over, the anticipation won't be the same.

"It would be a complete car crash if no one showed up." (Ig/Ew)

So seriously, they think dragging it out is a good idea? Pfffft...

Looks like there's an email campaign underway, so send messages to:

susan.fleishman@warnerbros.com

Does anyone else suddenly feel that this is a lame-ass publicity stunt to get the kids all writing in (and they really aren't planning to postpone)? Just a thought.

I'm a sucker for the grim B) so i naturaly enjoyed it.

I always thought they got better and better and the books went on...except the second book. I hated the second book. The movies on the other hand are all good, but they didn't get continuously better IMHO

I didn't like the second book either. Goblet of Fire was always my favorite. A lot was explained, the story took a deeper turn, and the Quiddich World Cup and the Triwizard tournament (and the ball) were interesting. OOTP onward were very dark and not as enjoyable to read, imo; although it was interesting to speculate on what would happen next.

A naked Harry Potter has scared off the movie "Harry Potter."

Warner Bros. has announced moving its sixth Potter film, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," from Nov. 21, 2008, to July 17, 2009. The reason? Officially, there is no reason, except that "a spot opened on the summer schedule."

That's not much of a reason. The real story? Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe will be right in the middle of his sensational, highly publicized run on Broadway in the play, "Equus." Radcliffe appears naked in the play, on stage, and has sex in it as well. That's not the image Warner Bros. wants associated with bespectacled Harry, who remains chaste and virginal.

Indeed, posters for Equus are up all over New York, of Radcliffe's naked torso superimposed on a horse's head. This is not the sort of thing that's taught at Hogwarts. For the movie to open on Nov. 21, Radcliffe would have to do publicity entailing answering questions about blinding horses and having sex with them vs. flying around and making potions.

It totally sucks. I was already counting the days to the Nov. opening. <_<

Yeah, it used to be about 120 days, now its away up to 330 :(

One of the reasons they're delaying it, is because they released one of the previous films in the Summer, and it made a high profit.

Supposedly Summer is better for families to go together or something :S

Archived