John Bonham wins 'dead rock star' poll

Mudbugclub

Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham beats Elvis Presley, John Lennon and Freddie Mercury in a poll on http://www.thisdayinmusic.com to see ‘Which dead rock star you would bring back to life’.

Full results: If you could bring a dead rock star back to life for one gig, who would it be?

1. John Bonham

2. Freddie Mercury

3. Elvis Presely

4. John Lennon

5. Jimi Hendrix

6. Kurt Cobain

7. Bob Marley

8. Jim Morrison

9. Johnny Cash

10. Jeff Buckley

11. Stevie Ray Vaughan

12. Dimebag Darrell

13. Frank Zappa

14. Ian Curtis

15. Janis Joplin

16. Bon Scott

17. Jerry Garcia

18. Phil Lynott

19. Karen Carpenter

20. Keith Moon

Of COURSE Karen Carpenter is a rock star. "DON'T YOU REMEMBER YOU TOLD ME YOU LOVED ME BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!".

You all know you secretly love it.

I'm a huge Joy Division fan but I don't see the point in getting Ian Curtis back for one show. For one album? HECK YES!!! You know I do.

My top ones are Hendrix, CLIFF BURTON!!!!, and probably Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Hendrix and Burton weren't even at their peak yet. With all respect to Moon and Bonham, but the Who and Zeppelin probably wouldn't have made another Untitled or Tommy or whatever. Metallica would've been better with Burton all these years and Hendrix would've created a hell of a lot more.

My top ones are Hendrix, CLIFF BURTON!!!!, and probably Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Hendrix and Burton weren't even at their peak yet. With all respect to Moon and Bonham, but the Who and Zeppelin probably wouldn't have made another Untitled or Tommy or whatever. Metallica would've been better with Burton all these years and Hendrix would've created a hell of a lot more.

Joy Division hadn't even released their second album... sure New Order are OK but don't hold a candle to their own naive post punk genius.

Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham beats Elvis Presley, John Lennon and Freddie Mercury in a poll on http://www.thisdayinmusic.com to see ‘Which dead rock star you would bring back to life’.

Full results: If you could bring a dead rock star back to life for one gig, who would it be?

1. John Bonham

2. Freddie Mercury

3. Elvis Presely

4. John Lennon

5. Jimi Hendrix

6. Kurt Cobain

7. Bob Marley

8. Jim Morrison

9. Johnny Cash

10. Jeff Buckley

11. Stevie Ray Vaughan

12. Dimebag Darrell

13. Frank Zappa

14. Ian Curtis

15. Janis Joplin

16. Bon Scott

17. Jerry Garcia

18. Phil Lynott

19. Karen Carpenter

20. Keith Moon

Hip Hip Hooray! ROCK ON!

First choice would totally be Bonzo for me, if only because the other three are on top form now so there's no reason why he shouldn't be too.

After that, I'd take a joint resurrection of Lennon and Harrison. If John hadn't been shot, there is no doubt at all in my mind that The Beatles would have worked together again, possibly even have played live (albeit as rarely as Zep).

Finally, Hendrix.

The others... RIP.

1. John Bonham

2. Freddie Mercury

3. Elvis Presely

4. John Lennon

5. Jimi Hendrix

6. Kurt Cobain

7. Bob Marley

8. Jim Morrison

9. Johnny Cash

10. Jeff Buckley

11. Stevie Ray Vaughan

12. Dimebag Darrell

13. Frank Zappa

14. Ian Curtis

15. Janis Joplin

16. Bon Scott

17. Jerry Garcia

18. Phil Lynott

19. Karen Carpenter

20. Keith Moon

How's it going all? GREAT LIST! However, in my opinion, this list would not be complete without the late great Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and J.P. (The Big Bopper) Richardson. These three deaths in February 1959 alone would forever be known as THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED! R.I.P. to all of them and ROCK ON!

Archived