April Wine

AMAZONIC

This was the last single from April Wine and a DAMN FINE song, they had made the transition into modern times but there was no one in the record industry in Canada that was supporting them, very disrespectful because frankly April Wine made all kinds of money for Canadian radio, and record companies - they more or less built the fucking industry in this country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORaGuV8f-iU

Wow! April Wine great Canadian band, the first 12 inch vinyl record I ever bought was April Wine Stand Back when it first came out. The way they arranged those three guitars when they played live and Gerry Mercer their drummer was in my opinion one of the greatest ever. The album Nature of the Beast is so killer, every song swings. Also go to you tube and check out the song Silver Dollar.

I`ve been trying to remember how many albums the band released ?,

According to information that I found on Wikipedia April Wine has released 16 studio albums, 15 compilation albums and 9 live albums. Again I must say a great rock band.

• 1 year later...

I

only ever owned one album by AW, it had this song on it. Come to think of it, it's the only album by them I've heard. It had this cover of KIng Crimson's 21st  Century Schizoid Man, which may have been the reason why I bought the album.

On 1/28/2016 at 2:45 PM, JTM said:

I

only ever owned one album by AW, it had this song on it. Come to think of it, it's the only album by them I've heard. It had this cover of KIng Crimson's 21st  Century Schizoid Man, which may have been the reason why I bought the album.

Ha JTM. Me too. I saw them too. Can't remember much but what I do remember is I was supposed to meet a real fit girl at the show, but she failed to turn up. I think it was about the time NWOBHM started to kick in ( and I know the are Canadian) but of you had long hair and played HM you could shift tickets. I mean Anglewitch ?

On 1/28/2016 at 8:10 AM, Stryder1978 said:

I was fortunate enough to see them twice back in the 80's - once as a back-up and once as headliners.  I'd put "Could Have Been a Lady" and "Roller" in my list of Top 100 favorite songs!

Cool, I saw the open for Rush during the Farewell To Kings tour. Great set they played that night.

Archived