John, Paul, Jones and......Ringo?!?

GuitarArmy

It seems to me the band (and probably Page in particular) had some ambition to do vocals "by committee" and alot of vocal harmonies on the early albums. It's really evident on Zep I & II; Your Gonna Come, Thank You, etc. Does anyone think this was a direct Beatles influence?

I don't think it was direct influence, it was just that everybody did harmonic backing vocals in the time. Sure, th Beatles were some of the first, but when you think of the Yardbirds or the early Who for example, they did it too.

And I think it's hard to find a band not influenced by the Beatles. They are the greatest!

It seems to me the band (and probably Page in particular) had some ambition to do vocals "by committee" and alot of vocal harmonies on the early albums. It's really evident on Zep I & II; Your Gonna Come, Thank You, etc. Does anyone think this was a direct Beatles influence?

The Beatles were hardly the first rock band to do it. And Zep pretty much abandoned it after the first album.

I do think it was an under-utilized element of Zep's repertoire, however.

those pesky beatles!

where do they get off, copying vocal styles of bands they love?

to burn your beatles records or cds, please send them to:

beatbo!

(PM for mailing address and further information....)

Really!!!It's so uncool to see footage of Paul and George singing backup into a single microphone while John is a few feet away toiling with lead vocals.Good thing Paul was a lefty.Pesky Beatles for sure!

If you need help with the fire Beatbo,I'm here for you.

Archived