What's your job?

Mr. Big

ever heard the saying "when hell freezes over"...well, it has...i work in the freezer dept at the local piggly wiggly...i hate it but, since i walk to work, i have no other choice but to go in and freeze my tail off every day...the other day i was doing inventory so i had to stay in the walkin for a few hours...by the time i was finished, my mouth was kind of like Sly stallones...

YO, Adrian...it's gettin cold in here... :rolleyes:

I'll have to send you one of these Dawlin' B)

cleaning_main.jpg

Just graduated college with a Bachelor's of Science in Mechanical Engineering, and am currently on the job hunt (and have been for months).

Let me sum it up for you:

Residence: Michigan <_<

Jobs: 0 :angry:

Bank Balance: $3.62 USD :(

College Debt: -$95000.00 USD :o

If anyone knows anyone hiring a mechanical engineer in automotive industry (racing preferred - I've got experience here) or related areas, let me know. Honestly, I'm about 4 seconds away from posting my resume in here.

I started a thread a few months back asking this, the responses were interesting and diverse.

I work in the film industry, as an Assistant Director or 'A.D'. We have probably the most important job on a film set that you've never heard of.

I started a thread a few months back asking this, the responses were interesting and diverse.

I work in the film industry, as an Assistant Director or 'A.D'. We have probably the most important job on a film set that you've never heard of.

Let me guess. You do all the work and the director gets all the credit, right?

Let me guess. You do all the work and the director gets all the credit, right?

Outside the industry, no-one knows what we do. That's fine. Sure, directors get all the glory, but they also get all the blame when a film sucks, and I'm glad I don't have to deal with that pressure. Directing is an extremely difficult job - most people, including those within the industry, grossly underestimate the complexity of the director's job. A lot of people think "I could do that" or "I could have done better than that". Most of them couldn't. I have tremendous respect for directors who are able to make good films, they are extremely talented individuals.

Having said that, if you worked on a film set, you would realise how much contribution everybody else makes. When production begins, the director is only one piece of the puzzle.

Edit: I have the privilege of working with so many great people, helping directors make interesting films, and working with tremendous crews. I do my best to make sure the workplace is safe, that everybody has a good time, and that the film is as good as it can be. There is no greater satisfaction than having been a part of something like that.

I don't even get paid for my job...being sudent, love it or hate it!

I do both and I have no idea what to do after, but I have made sure that me and my friend will share a room in Hamburg. Oh...let me see...I'm going to study ancient music and become a taxi driver! That's what I'm going to do!

I worked as a laborer for almost 20 years wrecking buildings and doing lots of interior demolition for remodeling. This was in the bay area (San Francisco/Oakland) in the 70's, 80's and 90's. The 1989 Loma Prieta quake gave us all kinds of work. I had to give it up in '95 because my low back was pretty much worn out. I now live on a disability pension from the union. So nice to be off the clock now.

B)

Concrete Construction Superintendent. I just got promoted in June, officially!! Nowhere to go , but down!! :lol:

Past projects you might recognize:

Key Arena remodel

Safeco Field

UW indoor practice Facility

Safeco Insurance complex

MicroSoft Campass (various bldgs)

Intiman Theater Rehearsal Building

Seattle Opera House

1521 2nd Ave (42 story condo, currently the tallest concrete structure in Seattle)

The Cristalla (2nd and Lenora)

The Olivian (8th and Olive)

Starbucks Corporate Headquarters (Earthquake retrofit)

Union Station 505 (structural earthquake repair)

Bellevue Square, "The Corner Project (Crate And Barrel)

Paradise Inn and Visitor Center @ Mt. Rainier

....and a whole bunch more that you've never heard of....

Archived