Interview with Robert Plant, Wolfman Jack and Radio Listeners

I searched this forum and did not find this interview posted anywhere else. Apologies if I overlooked anything. This is a fun interview with Robert Plant, Wolfman Jack and radio listeners.

Eternal,

Great interview and what a find. I never knew Robert had ever appeared on Wolfman's program. This was quite entertaining. Didn't learn a lot, but Robert was quite upbeat and funny. The funniest bit was when he asked a female caller, "Is your honey dripping?". Great one. I'm guessing this was from June, 1972 due to as it seems recent references to IV and to a tour the year before and plans to tour the following year. Loved it! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Eternal,

Great interview and what a find. I never knew Robert had ever appeared on Wolfman's program. This was quite entertaining. Didn't learn a lot, but Robert was quite upbeat and funny. The funniest bit was when he asked a female caller, "Is your honey dripping?". Great one. I'm guessing this was from June, 1972 due to as it seems recent references to IV and to a tour the year before and plans to tour the following year. Loved it! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

He said that at 2:28. It's hilarious. And the person who said, "Can we write to you in London or something?" lol

I'm guessing this was from June, 1972 due to as it seems recent references to IV and to a tour the year before and plans to tour the following year. Loved it! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Interview was conducted at KDAY AM Radio Studios in Los Angeles on June 26 1972. They played The Forum the night before, and it was a day off for the band before

playing Long Beach the next night. A limo sent to the Continental Hyatt House picked

up Robert and Bonzo and brought them to the studio.

great post!! I think Robert is a "fox" to... I was shocked he actually gave his adress to one of the girls he was talkin' to...

thanks for posting this great interview eternal light.. :thumbsup:

Probably just the first address he could come up with. Oxford St W1 isn't hard to think of really. :)

I searched this forum and did not find this interview posted anywhere else. Apologies if I overlooked anything. This is a fun interview with Robert Plant, Wolfman Jack and radio listeners.

Thanks so much for posting that fantastic interview, Eternal Light! Just like the first caller, my friends and I saw Zep at the Coliseum about a week or so before that interview was taped. I remember how desperately we wanted to go out to LA to see the band there.

Just hearing Robert’s voice, knowing his demeanor as it was back then. and listening to his interactions with the callers (and the reactions of the guys in the studio to those interactions) brought back so many wonderful and crazy memories of those days.

Eternal,

That was classic! So typical: the guys (Bonzo?) in the studio were cracking up with laughter while Robert’s question and why the guys were laughing seemed to go over the girl’s head. :lol:

LZNCJune72.jpg

The first few seconds of the girl who called in at about the 3:18 point sounded very similar to the way in which my friends and I spoke back then (although we didn’t have as strong an accent)”: “Robert? …” <followed by giggling, an intake of air, and a little scream> :bagoverhead: And then the guys all cracking up at the young fan's giggling and uncertainty - because you'd have an idea there was something suggestive in what was said but you weren't quite sure what it meant so you naively just giggled and blushed.

When Robert penned the lyrics “then you giggle as you heave and sigh”, he knew exactly what he was talking about. While Robert is no longer that guy any more- and we certainly aren’t those girls any more either – once in awhile it really is fun to look back on those days.

Interview was conducted at KDAY AM Radio Studios in Los Angeles on June 26 1972. They played The Forum the night before, and it was a day off for the band before

playing Long Beach the next night. A limo sent to the Continental Hyatt House picked

up Robert and Bonzo and brought them to the studio.

Great job with the fine details as usual. Always reliable. :thumbsup:

I'm sure it was a nice quiet stay at the Hyatt House for the boys. :huh:

Probably one of the funniest interviews I've heard from Robert. He was in a great mood that night, considering the night before they performed one of their best shows ever. Better yet, we have this documented in absolute pristine sound.

:lol::thumbsup:

• 5 weeks later...

Archived