The Shallowest Generation

59LesPaul

But just to do the right thing, TV and movies should be more careful about what they put out there.

TV is not just for kids, dammit! What part of that concept don't you get? Does everything have to be like Little House On The Fucking Prairie??? :rolleyes::slapface:

PARENTS, and ONLY PARENTS are responsible for what their kids watch. PERIOD!

But tv and movies should be better roles models. Because kids will imitate what they see and if they don't imitate it they will become too jaded to it.

THIS is why parents should be PARENTS!!!

NO....PARENTS should control what they watch. Can't blame TV. Again, it's the parents not paying enough attention.

EXACTLY.

To say otherwise is a cop-out

So what? Adults can't have their own entertainment too?

If the fucking crybabies and Big Brother has their way,no

The parents can't be around their kids 24/7.

No,but they damn sure can make sure they know and regulate who is (If they have a fucking CLUE how to be a parent)

Then maybe they shouldn't have kids if they're not going to be properly supervised. Ever heard of a babysitter, or day care?

You staying a bachelor forever might be a good idea.

Agreed,and I don't want to hear the "We can't afford it" argument,either,,,,Can't afford it? DON'T HAVE KIDS!!

But just to do the right thing, TV and movies should be more careful about what they put out there.

No they shouldn't goddmmit.It's reasoning like this that explains why TV is so bad now as it is,and I mean bad as a quality .This represents what the fuck is wrong.I'm not a parent,I have NO DESIRE to be one,and I shouldn't ever have to sacrifice one fucking thing "for the children"

People too stupid to learn how to use the features on their TV to control what can be viewed want the gov't to do it,and it's not their job.

TV is not just for kids, dammit! What part of that concept don't you get? Does everything have to be like Little House On The Fucking Prairie??? :rolleyes::slapface:

PARENTS, and ONLY PARENTS are responsible for what their kids watch. PERIOD!

A-FUCKING-MEN!!!

It doesn't "take a village to raise a child",it takes a PARENT

THIS is why parents should be PARENTS!!!

EXACTLY.

To say otherwise is a cop-out

If the fucking crybabies and Big Brother has their way,no

No,but they damn sure can make sure they know and regulate who is (If they have a fucking CLUE how to be a parent)

Agreed,and I don't want to hear the "We can't afford it" argument,either,,,,Can't afford it? DON'T HAVE KIDS!!

No they shouldn't goddmmit.It's reasoning like this that explains why TV is so bad now as it is,and I mean bad as a quality .This represents what the fuck is wrong.I'm not a parent,I have NO DESIRE to be one,and I shouldn't ever have to sacrifice one fucking thing "for the children"

People too stupid to learn how to use the features on their TV to control what can be viewed want the gov't to do it,and it's not their job.

A-FUCKING-MEN!!!

It doesn't "take a village to raise a child",it takes a PARENT

No, tv is the way it is because the programmers don't care about putting about what message they are sending.

No, tv is the way it is because the programmers don't care about putting about what message they are sending.

Bull shit. Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Disney, Toon Disney, and many others are targetted specifically for children and their messages are good for them.

MTV, VH1, USA, BET, etc. shouldn't have to care about their message considering they are sending them to ADULTS!!!

Parents don't want their kids to watch those channels, block them. Simple as that

Bull shit. Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Disney, Toon Disney, and many others are targetted specifically for children and their messages are good for them.

MTV, VH1, USA, BET, etc. shouldn't have to care about their message considering they are sending them to ADULTS!!!

Parents don't want their kids to watch those channels, block them. Simple as that

Thank you.

Dickless Dick will never get it. In more ways than one. :shifty:

They are directing them to teens too.

Spats, why in the world do children have to be so dependent on T.V.

Do children have to glue their eyes to the television, day in day out?

If the parents are so worried about T.V., who needs to buy one then?

I'd rather have children read books then.

Edited by DeepBlackZeppelin

Lemme let you in on a little secret,dumbass:"Programmers" only care about one thing:Ratings....put more simply,they're giving the people what they want.If there wasn't a demand for quality realistic violent television,they wouldn't be making it.These kids you keep referring to aren't watching this content "on the sly",they're watching it WITH THEIR "PARENTS"

There's a reason why I put "parents" in quotes...

...and it's not the programmers,it's the producers

Lemme let you in on a little secret,dumbass:"Programmers" only care about one thing:Ratings....put more simply,they're giving the people what they want.If there wasn't a demand for quality realistic violent television,they wouldn't be making it.These kids you keep referring to aren't watching this content "on the sly",they're watching it WITH THEIR "PARENTS"

There's a reason why I put "parents" in quotes...

...and it's not the programmers,it's the producers

You don't have to call people names.

I realize they only care about ratings. They don't care about what message they are sending. And teens rarely watch tv with their parents. Teens rarely want to do anything with their parents.

Parents taught their kids well for a couple thousand years. It's only recently that they've not been so hot.

Blame parents first, Government NEVER. It's not their place to teach kids.

Hi Mr Drummer, and all the other know it all "parents" who havent got a clue on how society is being destroyed by succesive Governments.

You hear me "Rock Action", "59LesPaul", tossing yourself off in to a kleenex every night doesnt make you qualified to give an educated opinion on this subject, spats is the only one so far who has a clue, the rest of you havent and i cant be arsed to stay up half the night to give you the straight facts. Untill you have brought up a family of your own, shut it and stay in your bedrooms and pump away because you aint no help on a thread like this, Period.

Regards, Danny

Hi Mr Drummer, and all the other know it all "parents" who havent got a clue on how society is being destroyed by succesive Governments.

You hear me "Rock Action", "59LesPaul", tossing yourself off in to a kleenex every night doesnt make you qualified to give an educated opinion on this subject, spats is the only one so far who has a clue, the rest of you havent and i cant be arsed to stay up half the night to give you the straight facts. Untill you have brought up a family of your own, shut it and stay in your bedrooms and pump away because you aint no help on a thread like this, Period.

Regards, Danny

Hey shithead, I DO have a daughter. She's 21 years old and pretty damned smart. Think before you speak outta turn, asshole. You're part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Conspiracy theorist?

Regards, Danny

spats spends all day whining about his sex life on a message board but we're the ones without a clue?

Calm down Danny boy

I am correct. You can't just single out smart teens and older teens.

Really? So when you're selling stuff to 18 year olds, you'd use the same advertising tactics as when targetting 13 year olds?

PS I'm in a tough advertising class and we've done things like this and I know the correct answer ;)

Hey shithead, I DO have a daughter. She's 21 years old and pretty damned smart. Think before you speak outta turn, asshole. You're part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Then you should know better than to blame the parents for all the trouble in the world shouldnt you. And sorry if i offended you in my previous post but you sounded like you had never brought up children, in fact you sounded very much like a kid yourself so i assumed you hadnt a clue as to what you were talking about, my appologies dad.

Regards, Danny

PS. I also have kids, 18-20-23yrs so i know what i am talking about, i have also great knowledge about our society from the 60s untill now, and i will stick to what i said earlier, blame the governments and the do-gooders before you blame the parents. Goodnight.

Then you should know better than to blame the parents for all the trouble in the world shouldnt you. And sorry if i offended you in my previous post but you sounded like you had never brought up children, in fact you sounded very much like a kid yourself so i assumed you hadnt a clue as to what you were talking about, my appologies dad.

Regards, Danny

PS. I also have kids, 18-20-23yrs so i know what i am talking about, i have also great knowledge about our society from the 60s untill now, and i will stick to what i said earlier, blame the governments and the do-gooders before you blame the parents. Goodnight.

No one said parents are to blame for everything in the world.

But it's the parents responsibility to watch their kids and keep them from fucking up their life, not the governments

Really? So when you're selling stuff to 18 year olds, you'd use the same advertising tactics as when targetting 13 year olds?

PS I'm in a tough advertising class and we've done things like this and I know the correct answer ;)

Those stations don't care whether it's 18 year old's or 13 year olds. And there are still plenty of immature 18 year olds so it does not matter.

You are sooo wrong DannyBoy.

I have a 30 yr old stepson,a 22 yr old daughter and a 12 yr old daughter.Each one of them are respectful and are doing great.

It's how YOU raise them,not the government.

Blame yourself if your kids turned out to be hoodlums.For christ's sake :rolleyes:

My mom used to say,"Some people's kids!" when a kid was being an ass. I know she was talking about their parents.

Go to sleep because you have no arguement!...some people's kids.... :rolleyes:

Those stations don't care whether it's 18 year old's or 13 year olds. And there are still plenty of immature 18 year olds so it does not matter.

At 18, people are old enough to make their own decisions all of the time, so it doens't matter what they watch.

And again, why should a station like USA or TBS care about the message they're sending when it's not to children?