Least favourite Zeppelin song

caroselambra~

Bong man- u serious u don't like misty mountain hop??? or houses of the holy?? thats madness!!

i cant really think of a song i dis-like.. but there are definetly songs that aren't really zeppelin!!

I got burned out on Trampled Under Foot because of the live versions....not enough variety. I've never been a fan of Houses of the Holy (the song). It got way way to much airplay in my neck of the woods.

"Misty Mountain Hop" is sheer burnout. Things like that happen when you listen to albums for almost 40 years.

Don't get me started on "Coda" either. When it was released, all that album was for me was a big nail in the Zeppelin coffin. I've never warmed to it for that reason, and I share Plant's feelings that it never should have seen the light of day.

I got burned out on Trampled Under Foot because of the live versions....not enough variety. I've never been a fan of Houses of the Holy (the song). It got way way to much airplay in my neck of the woods.

"Misty Mountain Hop" is sheer burnout. Things like that happen when you listen to albums for almost 40 years.

Don't get me started on "Coda" either. When it was released, all that album was for me was a big nail in the Zeppelin coffin. I've never warmed to it for that reason, and I share Plant's feelings that it never should have seen the light of day.

Page and Peter Grant have both stated in various interviews that an album was contractually due to Atlantic following Bonzo's death. Apparently someone in the band wasn't big on a live album so Coda was cobbled together. It certainly contained less stellar material than prior efforts, with Ozone Baby being my least favorite song they've ever released.

Page and Peter Grant have both stated in various interviews that an album was contractually due to Atlantic following Bonzo's death. Apparently someone in the band wasn't big on a live album so Coda was cobbled together. It certainly contained less stellar material than prior efforts, with Ozone Baby being my least favorite song they've ever released.

Poor Tom was the only track that deserved to see the light of day - the rest is totally dispensable.

Not sure if this has been done before - please forgive me if it has!

If you were pushed to name your least favorite Zeppelin song what would it be?

Without a doubt mine would be Bonzo's Montreux - bring on the biscuit tin army!!

:blink:

I'm sorry it's your account name but carouselambra

The Crunge is horrible - it does no justice to James Brown.

It wouldn't be fair to include Moby Dick, because I hate all drum solos.

I never listen to Coda, but all their other "real" albums have the highest percentage of great songs out of any group I know of.

The Crunge is horrible - it does no justice to James Brown.

It wouldn't be fair to include Moby Dick, because I hate all drum solos.

I never listen to Coda, but all their other "real" albums have the highest percentage of great songs out of any group I know of.

I really tend to agree with that :)

you're kidding me...DBTS is wonderful B)

I agree, I know it's just opinions, but some of these songs people are listing make me shake my head. I love Ozone Baby and Wearing and Tearing! They make Coda Worth-it, and Poor Tom! And how about "Were gonna Groove"? I can't believe people bash All My Love either. Oh Well here's my list: Hats' off to Roy

Night Flight

Caroselambra

South Bound

Hot's on for Knowhere

Royal Orleans

These are just songs I hate and won't listen to at all. Others annoy me at sometimes but I will take the time to listen to at other times. Like "In my time of Dying" brilliant song but a test. "You Shook me" is another one. Then of course there's the handfull that I can never get enough of. But that belongs on another thread.

I agree, I know it's just opinions, but some of these songs people are listing make me shake my head. I love Ozone Baby and Wearing and Tearing! They make Coda Worth-it, and Poor Tom! And how about "Were gonna Groove"? I can't believe people bash All My Love either. Oh Well here's my list: Hats' off to Roy

Night Flight

Caroselambra

South Bound

Hot's on for Knowhere

Royal Orleans

These are just songs I hate and won't listen to at all. Others annoy me at sometimes but I will take the time to listen to at other times. Like "In my time of Dying" brilliant song but a test. "You Shook me" is another one. Then of course there's the handfull that I can never get enough of. But that belongs on another thread.

your kidding me...i love carouselambra :)

Archived