How about adding another guitarist?

With all the attention focused on a new singer. How about adding another guitarist?

Of course it's not needed, but I think it could augment the sound of Jimmy/John/Jason.

My suggestion is Warren Haynes guitarist/vocalist of the Allman Brothers Band and Gov't Mule. He has the blues/rock and even jazz chops. He has demonstrated a respect

for the older music with the talent and vision to help Jimmy/John/Jason form a new band, a new identity.

Also, he's a great singer. With Warren you would have another guitarist and a vocalist (lead or shared).

What do you think?

Who would you suggest?

With all the attention focused on a new singer. How about adding another guitarist?

Of course it's not needed, but I think it could augment the sound of Jimmy/John/Jason.

My suggestion is Warren Haynes guitarist/vocalist with the Allman Brothers Band and Gov't Mule. He has the blues/rock and even jazz chops. He has demonstrated a respect

for the older music with the talent and vision to help Jimmy/John/Jason form a new band, a new identity.

Also, he's a great singer. With Warren you would have another guitarist and a vocalist (lead or shared).

What do you think?

Who would you suggest?

I suggest me....Please contact James and let him know...thank you

No! They should remain as true as possible to the original arrangement. Jimmy is all you need.

I guess my point is this is a new band this is not Led Zeppelin.

I think an additional guitarist would help give the new band a new identity.

Help to open things up musically. Add diversity. More flexibility. And lessen direct comparisons to Zeppelin because it will no longer be a three-piece band with a singer.

It has to be the right person and the right chemistry not just a hired hand. Again, that's why I think Warren Haynes is an excellent choice. JPJ has already jammed with him in Gov't Mule and I think they are friends. Warren is cut from the same blues/rock cloth.

Also, another benefit is to help Page re-create some of his vision in a live setting where in my opinion he was limited with Zeppelin by having to play more than one guitar part. For example, one of the great things about Page and the Black Crowes was having three guitars playing 10 years gone.

I would go so far as to say I would consider adding a third guitarist and/or a multiinstrumentalist.

It's time to move ever onwards!

I guess my point is this is a new band this is not Led Zeppelin.

I think an additional guitarist would help give the new band a new identity.

Help to open things up musically. Add diversity. More flexibility. And lessen direct comparisons to Zeppelin because it will no longer be a three-piece band with a singer.

It has to be the right person and the right chemistry not just a hired hand. Again, that's why I think Warren Haynes is an excellent choice. JPJ has already jammed with him in Gov't Mule and I think they are friends. Warren is cut from the same blues/rock cloth.

Also, another benefit is to help Page re-create some of his vision in a live setting where in my opinion he was limited with Zeppelin by having to play more than one guitar part. For example, one of the great things about Page and the Black Crowes was having three guitars playing 10 years gone.

I would go so far as to say I would consider adding a third guitarist and/or a multiinstrumentalist.

It's time to move ever onwards!

Yeah, I understand it's a new band and not Led Zeppelin. You make some very valid points on an additional guitarist giving the band a new identity, diversity, etc. My answer was just based on personal opinion. It was a gut reaction/response and I can't even say why I feel that way. Maybe if I mull it over awhile I could warm to the idea...

Archived