Most Recent Meal...

rafnagud9

Took my daughter (who promised to behave) to Bonefish Grille. Had a good meal...Caesar Salad, Grilled Salmon with Mango Salsa (delicious), garlic whipped potatoes, sauteed green beans, and a vegetable medley. My daughter shared the veggies and salad with me and she had an adult size (ate almost half) grilled and seasoned Sirloin Steak with Marsala sauce. We skipped dessert, but i did have a Raspberry Martini...yummy.

Took my daughter (who promised to behave) to Bonefish Grille. Had a good meal...Caesar Salad, Grilled Salmon with Mango Salsa (delicious), garlic whipped potatoes, sauteed green beans, and a vegetable medley. My daughter shared the veggies and salad with me and she had an adult size (ate almost half) grilled and seasoned Sirloin Steak with Marsala sauce. We skipped dessert, but i did have a Raspberry Martini...yummy.

Now that's holding to a budget! :rolleyes:

Now that's holding to a budget! :rolleyes:

One thing i will never go crazy budgeting on is food. I haven't been going to the food market for weekly trips like i used to, but seriously, it can be as expensive to buy food to prepare a meal as it is for me to get my daughter a meal out. I am usually frugal when it comes to my meals, lately. Including a tip, i got away with a check for under $50 :) That drink of course cost more than half of my meal...

Food is one of life's great comforts, and tonight i was in need of it! I worked through the Christmas holiday, ya know. I considered dinner out with my daughter our Christmas celebration. and she was very well behaved!

One thing i will never go crazy budgeting on is food. I haven't been going to the food market for weekly trips like i used to, but seriously, it can be as expensive to buy food to prepare a meal as it is for me to get my daughter a meal out. I am usually frugal when it comes to my meals, lately. Including a tip, i got away with a check for under $50 :) That drink of course cost more than half of my meal...

Food is one of life's great comforts, and tonight i was in need of it! I worked through the Christmas holiday, ya know. I considered dinner out with my daughter our Christmas celebration. and she was very well behaved!

:o I could eat for a week on $50

Not a very big tipper are we <_<

But since it was a "Special" occassion :D

:o I could eat for a week on $50

Not a very big tipper are we <_<

But since it was a "Special" occassion :D

My tip was over 18% of the total bill (many say you don't tip on drinks and tax, so if that's true, my tip went way over 20%)...anyway, if they had a children's menu (i didn't ask because i didn't think they do) i could have gotten out of there for about $30 plus the tip. :)

I probably eat for somewhere around $50 a week (if i'm not going out) but my child is another $50...

My tip was over 18% of the total bill (many say you don't tip on drinks and tax, so if that's true, my tip went way over 20%)...anyway, if they had a children's menu (i didn't ask because i didn't think they do) i could have gotten out of there for about $30 plus the tip. :)

I probably eat for somewhere around $50 a week (if i'm not going out) but my child is another $50...

I was just messn' with ya Barbie :D

I made cheesy scalloped potatoes, broccoli, and something called "chicken Tuscany" that was a pre-made frozen (but high quality and REALLY good) thing at Costco for dinner. YUM!

Oh yeah, and a glass of 2% milk.

Ya know you could save a lot of money by buying regular milk and fill the glass up 2% of the way and top it off with water :lol:

Yeah. Especially since the milk costs the same, silly man.

Actually, I really have NEVER been able to drink whole milk. Just the thought of it makes me gag. My babysitter gave us whole milk when I was a kid at the daycare, and I couldn't drink it. My mom's always bought 1% or 2%. I actually like skim, too.

Yeah. Especially since the milk costs the same, silly man.

Actually, I really have NEVER been able to drink whole milk. Just the thought of it makes me gag. My babysitter gave us whole milk when I was a kid at the daycare, and I couldn't drink it. My mom's always bought 1% or 2%. I actually like skim, too.

We had to drink powdered milk as kids YUK......I love whole milk now 2%'s not bad either!

I heated up my leftover chicken fajita filling and put it on salad. Almost as good as Chipotle's chicken fajita salad :)

Tangerine, you are so right about kids' food $. I have a 12 year old son who eats 4 meals a day plus snacks. Also a teenager and a 7 year old; when she is growing she can eat almost as much as he does :o

Ate dinner in for a change.

I cooked fresh Hatfield breakfast sausage links, scrambled eggs with cheese, and macaroni with butter. For dessert fresh fruit (nectarine and cherries) and my daughter is also having a mint chocolate chip ice cream cone in addition.

Ate dinner in for a change.

I cooked fresh Hatfield breakfast sausage links, scrambled eggs with cheese, and macaroni with butter. For dessert fresh fruit (nectarine and cherries) and my daughter is also having a mint chocolate chip ice cream cone in addition.

Why hello "~tangerine~!" That food sounds delicious to me. I bet that you are one hell of a cook. ROCK ON!

Why hello "~tangerine~!" That food sounds delicious to me. I bet that you are one hell of a cook. ROCK ON!

I don't cook much anymore. My daughter is too bothersome for me to enjoy it. I can cook pretty good scrambled eggs...and dinner was filling. She loves sausage so i had to give her the macaroni first, so she would eat more than just the meat :)

I'll tell you what i make that is delicious, (but haven't done it in a few years). Homemade spaghetti sauce, a little on the thick side, with lots of fresh garlic, herbs and spices, tomatoes, ground beef and cooked sweet and italian sausage. I used to make a huge pot and freeze enough for a couple months. Use it for pasta, chicken parm, etc...

takes about 7 hrs. to slow cook, so an all day affair.

I don't cook much anymore. My daughter is too bothersome for me to enjoy it. I can cook pretty good scrambled eggs...and dinner was filling. She loves sausage so i had to give her the macaroni first, so she would eat more than just the meat :)

I'll tell you what i make that is delicious, (but haven't done it in a few years). Homemade spaghetti sauce, a little on the thick side, with lots of fresh garlic, herbs and spices, tomatoes, ground beef and cooked sweet and italian sausage. I used to make a huge pot and freeze enough for a couple months. Use it for pasta, chicken parm, etc...

takes about 7 hrs. to slow cook, so an all day affair.

Sounds yummy to me "~tangerine~!" I learned how to cook when I was 10 years old. My mother (Bless her heart), was divorced from my dad and she pretty much raised both my sister and I, worked as a professional dancer at Authur Murray Dance Studio and wasn't home as much to cook for us so I learned how to cook. You name it, I can cook it. One thing about my sister, my late wife, my daughter and I is that we never starved. I also learned how to dance from my mother, oh how I always loved watching my mother dance. My mother was also a real looker. My mom won the Miss. San Antonio Beauty Pageant in the 1950's. ROCK ON!

Sounds yummy to me "~tangerine~!" I learned how to cook when I was 10 years old. My mother (Bless her heart), was divorced from my dad and she pretty much raised both my sister and I, worked as a professional dancer at Authur Murray Dance Studio and wasn't home as much to cook for us so I learned how to cook. You name it, I can cook it. One thing about my sister, my late wife, my daughter and I is that we never starved. I also learned how to dance from my mother, oh how I always loved watching my mother dance. My mother was also a real looker. My mom won the Miss. San Antonio Beauty Pageant in the 1950's. ROCK ON!

Nice story about your family. I have had a few men in my life who enjoyed cooking and did it well. My father, included. Your mom sounds wonderful. My daughter is taking ballet and i plan to keep her in dancing class for many years to come (as long as she wishes). Aside from being a lot of fun and healthy, it does so much for self-confidence and personal pride! So can you bake too?

Nice story about your family. I have had a few men in my life who enjoyed cooking and did it well. My father, included. Your mom sounds wonderful. My daughter is taking ballet and i plan to keep her in dancing class for many years to come (as long as she wishes). Aside from being a lot of fun and healthy, it does so much for self-confidence and personal pride! So can you bake too?

Hello "~tangerine~?" I admit, I've had my fair share of women in my life till I met my late wife. I really lived up to my obligation when the preacher said "Til Death do us part." Hmmm...., to have a few good men in your life, you must be a looker also "~tangerine~." I bet that you are. ROCK ON!

Archived