The Faces reunion, it's on?

danelectro

I think Rod needs the Faces reunion more than anyone else, though, to redeem his long lost rock street cred.

I really don't think Rod is at all concerned about his "rock" cred, street or otherwise and hasn't been for quite some time. A Faces reunion would still be nice though. Of course, you can't really have a true reunion without Ronnie Lane so maybe it's all for the best.

If they do reunite, the Face will have had plastic surgery.

Ronnie Lane is dead.

Yes, Ronnie Lane is dead. There can be no Faces reunion because of this little factoid that nobody else has mentioned or seems to care about.

I do care. I loved the Faces back in the day, still do today......but there can't be a reunion. No Laney, no Faces......not really.

Stop the madness.

Regards;

Yes, Ronnie Lane is dead. There can be no Faces reunion because of this little factoid that nobody else has mentioned or seems to care about.

If you take the time to actually read the thread you will see where it indeed has been mentioned. I feel the same way about Led Zeppelin, without John Bonham it's just not the same. The same is true of any group that has tried to carry on without any of it's key members (Skynyrd, Little Feat, etc.). The only one that has come close is the Allman Brothers Band.

I do care. I loved the Faces back in the day, still do today......but there can't be a reunion. No Laney, no Faces......not really.

Stop the madness.

Regards;

Of course there can be a reunion, of the surviving members of the band. You might think it's madness, but I think that's a ridiculous stance. And I'm a fan from back in the day too, saw them too many times to count, with and without Rodders, and I loved Ronnie Lane just like I loved John Bonham. But that didn't stop me enjoying the O2 gig, and it wouldn't have stopped me seeing the Faces.

Of course there can be a reunion, of the surviving members of the band. You might think it's madness, but I think that's a ridiculous stance. And I'm a fan from back in the day too, saw them too many times to count, with and without Rodders, and I loved Ronnie Lane just like I loved John Bonham. But that didn't stop me enjoying the O2 gig, and it wouldn't have stopped me seeing the Faces.

Great, enjoy yourself then. I can't live in the past like that. It's not the same without Lane. Hell I saw them with Tetsu also after Lane left and it wasn't even close to what it was.

If you need nostalgia, play the albums.

Regards;

Great, enjoy yourself then. I can't live in the past like that. It's not the same without Lane. Hell I saw them with Tetsu also after Lane left and it wasn't even close to what it was.

If you need nostalgia, play the albums.Regards;

Be sure to tell that to all the people wanting a Zeppelin reunion then. :D Haven't you noticed you're on a board dedicated to a band that officially split in 1980?

Of course it's not the same without Lane (and, therefore, not living in the past). It's not the same without Bonzo. That doesn't mean it can't be great.

cover_1.jpg

For those that may have missed it when it first came out, I highly recommend ordering this very kickass back issue from Uncut.

No doubt a Faces reunion could be great but I agree it just wouldn't be the same without Ronnie Lane. Aside from that I'm looking forward to Ian McLagan and the Bump Band returning to the area soon. If you're a Faces fan (hell, even if you're not) you owe it to yourself to check 'em out if they're playing a gig near you.

Ian McLagan and the Bump Band show dates

If The Animals toured with guitarist Hilton Valentine and drummer John Steel as the only original members, Faces can do the same with Mac, Jones, Wood and Stewart too.

I really don't care much for reunions, even if ALL members are included, because it can never be the same anyway. The ONLY band I ever saw, that I can imagine was alomst as it used to be, is probably Black Sabbath. People take reunions WAY TOO SERIOUS.

If a Faces reunion happen, I'll be there to watch them. Only because I never got to see them back in the days and, of course, for good fun.

I think if a vital member is missing some reunions can be downright embarrassing and border on being a tribute band instead. I've witnessed very few exceptions to that rule, the Allman Brothers being one of them. They've never seemed like a nostalgia act since losing Duane and Berry while certain groups just do the same exact setlist night after night and even stick to the same stage banter.

No, no, I meant that metaphorically, as in "I had my heart set on going so that I was ready to buy a tic as soon as they appeared". Sorry if my enthusiasm led to confusion!

That's it !

The remaining Zeppelin members are joining with the only remaining Temptations member, Otis Williams, to form a new band.

Led to Confusion !! Right on !!!!!!!!!!

It's clear now, not at all confusing. B)

fz525k.jpg

The silohuette's make it kinda hard to tell who's who, except for Jason. How do you know that's not Otis front and center with his hair straightened out ? Could be you know ? :D

That's true, I suppose that could be him, since that other guy's not in the band. :unsure:

I'm not sure about "Led to Confusion," y'know, I'm thinking more "Ball of Led." Or maybe "The Led Balls."

Possibly not. :blink:

That's true, I suppose that could be him, since that other guy's not in the band. :unsure:

I'm not sure about "Led to Confusion," y'know, I'm thinking more "Ball of Led." Or maybe "The Led Balls."

Possibly not. :blink:

Those names might weigh the band down. We want them to be mobile as can be, they'll need to cover lots of ground to satisfy their hungry fanbase. From the sound of it, they could roll over all bands in their way !