The Faces reunion, it's on?

danelectro

I know there was a thread about this but I couldn't find it. After Googling it there are several sources on the net posting the same news, supposedly from the mouth of Rod himself that it is on. I am far more excited about this than I was any other reunion, though I was hoping for the Blind Faith thing to pan out.

link

Yeah, I suppose if he's not happy with it, he already has a pretty good career as it is anyway. But hopefully he understands that people want them as they used to be, Faces should not sound polished and slick, like he use to sound..

forgive me for not getting excited about a load of ageing rockers who should have given up years ago!

and don't get me started on Rod Stewart, the guy has been a parody of himself for years!!!

gladrags & handbags jesus!!!

Just about says it all.

forgive me for not getting excited about a load of ageing rockers who should have given up years ago!and don't get me started on Rod Stewart, the guy has been a parody of himself for years!!!

They're no older than the former members of Zeppelin. But it's OK for them to keep on playing, I'm guessing?

They're no older than the former members of Zeppelin. But it's OK for them to keep on playing, I'm guessing?

You guess right - it is okay for Zeppelin members to carry on playing!!!

They are not more famously known for their antics with girls/women far younger than themselves like Wood & Stewart.

Stewart has made a living out of it.

Zeppelin members are still renowned for fine musicianship whereas those two are just an embarrassing couple of old letches - the oldest swingers in town (aside from the Rolling Stones - oh Ronnie Wood again).

I am sure Stewart will be given a knighthood in a few years as is usual for people of his ilk - what an absolute joke !!

Edited by caroselambra~

You guess right - it is okay for Zeppelin members to carry on playing!!!

They are not more famously known for their antics with girls/women far younger than themselves like Wood & Stewart.

:hysterical::hysterical: *cough - Lori* :hysterical:

Stewart has made a living out of it.

Yeah - his voice has nothing to do with his success. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Zeppelin members are still renowned for fine musicianship whereas those two are just an embarrassing couple of old letches - the oldest swingers in town (aside from the Rolling Stones - oh Ronnie Wood again).
Rod is a year younger than Jimmy, Wood 3 years, so hardly.

You may find them embarrassing - countless thousands of others don't, and would be THRILLED if this reunion were to come off. You clearly don't know much about this band and seem to make a habit of pontificating on subjects you don't actually have any knowledge of.

I am sure Stewart will be given a knighthood in a few years as is usual for people of his ilk - what an absolute joke !!

Usual for "people of his ilk" is it?

Examples?

Edited by Knebby

how many bands does ronnie wood want to be in??

just another has been band with ex members trying to make a fast buck before they get too old :angry:

which they are already!!!!

A fast buck? I should imagine Woody and Rod have a buck or two already. I personally can't wait to see this if it happens. I am HUGE Faces fan.

Ok, let's start off by rearranging the title to make it proper, THEN let's understand that H&G is a Rod Stewart song, not The Faces.

I'm the first to admit that I gave up on Rod when he asked me if I thought he was sexy which is the reason I'm very excited to see him FINALLY go back to his roots. I really hope this happens.

. You clearly don't know much about this band and seem to make a habit of pontificating on subjects you don't actually have any knowledge of.

pardon me for disagreeing with such an expert as yourself!

I hope you enjoy the concert - I'll simply give it a miss B)

Edited by caroselambra~

pardon me for disagreeing with the self-proclaimed expert on everything in this forum!

Just a tiny point - that could only be the case if I had declared myself as such, which I haven't - therefore, I'm not a "self-proclaimed" expert on anything. Semantics to folk like you, I know.

I hope you enjoy the concert - I'll simply give it a miss B)

That's a much better idea. And thanks - if this comes off, I'm pretty sure I will enjoy it. :bravo:

Ok, let's start off by rearranging the title to make it proper, THEN let's understand that H&G is a Rod Stewart song, not The Faces.

I'm the first to admit that I gave up on Rod when he asked me if I thought he was sexy which is the reason I'm very excited to see him FINALLY go back to his roots. I really hope this happens.

I'm the first to admit I know nothing about that song - I just know it sucked BIG TIME!

I do know it was a RS song and that he perfomed it on GMTV!

says it all really!

:lol:

Well its actually a Mike D'Abo song first released by Chris Farlowe, but in the context of this thread - yeah a Stewart solo song rather than a Faces one. Bloody great song but then D'Abo is a great songwriter.

Stereophonics recent(ish) version was pretty good too.

Edited by Knebby

Would be more appropriate (checks whether I am qualified to say this) :D

You're qualified to say anything you're informed about, which doesn't so far seem to be the Faces. Sorry.

I saw them at least ten times back in the 70s, in every conceivable kind of venue, and they were hands down the most fun live band ever--not the most accomplished, necessarily, or the most original, but consistently the most fun, well-played good time, with some of the best material. They can still play (and unlike some of our other heroes, have been, consistently), and Rod's voice is back up to par, so I can't see this as being anything but a plus for the music world. The only drawback is that they're bound to play in the wrong country from me. :P

You're qualified to say anything you're informed about, which doesn't so far seem to be the Faces. Sorry.

I saw them at least ten times back in the 70s, in every conceivable kind of venue, and they were hands down the most fun live band ever--not the most accomplished, necessarily, or the most original, but consistently the most fun, well-played good time, with some of the best material. They can still play (and unlike some of our other heroes, have been, consistently), and Rod's voice is back up to par, so I can't see this as being anything but a plus for the music world. The only drawback is that they're bound to play in the wrong country from me. :P

I am not well informed about most things, I just have opinions.

I thought forum's allowed people to post their opions - I am probably wrong about that too :)