The Faces reunion, it's on?

danelectro

Well its actually a Mike D'Abo song first released by Chris Farlowe, but in the context of this thread - yeah a Stewart solo song rather than a Faces one. Bloody great song but then D'Abo is a great songwriter.

Stereophonics recent(ish) version was pretty good too.

Yes, I meant in the context of whether it was Rod or Faces. I think my favorite tune on that album is Blind Prayer though I pretty much love it all. .

Is the Stereophonics version the one played on The Office tv show theme? The British(and FAR better) version of the show. Blinding!

Yes, I meant in the context of whether it was Rod or Faces. I think my favorite tune on that album is Blind Prayer though I pretty much love it all. .

Is the Stereophonics version the one played on The Office tv show theme? The British(and FAR better) version of the show. Blinding!

No that was by Big George - but it was a corker. The vocal version of his recording is on the Waysted album though. This is the history of the released versions of the song

1967 - Chris Farlowe.

1967 - Double Feature as a single for Deram Records.

1968 - Love Affair on the album Everlasting Love Affair.

1969 - Kate Taylor (Sister of James).

1969- The Rationals

1970 - Mike D'Abo.

1970 - Rod Stewart.

1971 - Chase on their eponymous album. Charted as a single that peaked at #84.

1971 - Brian Marshall on his eponymous album.

1971 - Gary Burton on the album Alone at Last.

1972 - Glyn Desmier aka Des James Arranged by M. J. Parker Produced by Tony Hatch

1973 - Jon English on the album Wine Dark Sea.

1975 - Chris Farlowe on the album Chris Farlowe Band Live.

1992 - Mary Coughlan on the album Sentimental Killers.

1993 - Rod Stewart on the album Unplugged... and Seated.

2001 - Stereophonics as a single that charted in the top 10.

2002 - Rod Stewart on the live album Party at the Palace.

2004 - The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra on the album Symphonic Rock

2005 - Chris Farlowe on the album Hungary For The Blues.

2007 - Engelbert Humperdinck on the album "The Winding Road" (Best of the Brits)

2007 - Waysted on the album The Harsh Reality

and this is the Stereophonics version - I know some Faces fans hate it but I like it.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4xkPJNgvWL8

Edited by Knebby

To be honest, in my universe the only opinion worth having or hearing is an informed opinion. I mean, I have all sorts of opinions on all sorts of things I know nothing about, which makes them worth nothing except to me. I could tell you my thoughts on offshore drilling, but as I don't have all the facts (or even most of them), expressing my opinion would be not only pointless but could be actually misleading on the issue, to people who read it and assumed wrongly I actually knew what I was talking about.

To be honest, in my universe the only opinion worth having or hearing is an informed opinion. I mean, I have all sorts of opinions on all sorts of things I know nothing about, which makes them worth nothing except to me. I could tell you my thoughts on offshore drilling, but as I don't have all the facts (or even most of them), expressing my opinion would be not only pointless but could be actually misleading on the issue, to people who read it and assumed wrongly I actually knew what I was talking about.

It's obvious that my opinions are just that - opinions - and nothing more!

There's no way I could have misled someone reading that post about the Faces or Rod Stewart.

Most people would have just thought "oh she doesnt like the faces or rod stewart or the rolling stones"

I didnt realize I had stumbled upon the Rod Stewart/Faces appreciation society.

I am of the opinion the world would be boring if we all agreed - and so I am happy to disagree with you INFORMED ladies/gents on this subject.

:D

Edited by caroselambra~

I didnt realize I had stumbled upon the Rod Stewart/Faces appreciation society.

You found Faces fans in this thread! Who woulda thunk it? :run:

I am of the opinion the world would be boring if we all agreed - and so I am happy to disagree with you INFORMED ladies/gents on this subject.

I love it when someone admits their opinions are uninformed but sticks to them all the same. The world is truly a better place for that kind of attitude. :party:

Anyway - :beer:

Edited by Knebby

You found Faces fans in this thread! Who woulda thunk it? :run:

I love it when someone admits their opinions are uniformed but sticks to them all the same. The world is truly a better place for that kind of attitude. :party:

Anyway - :beer:

you will no doubt find me talking crap all over the place from now on :D

Edited by caroselambra~

Anyway back to the thread, I for one would love to see the Faces reunion. Seen them 4 times back in the day in Newcastle. Those concerts were just fantastic, they even had a bar on the stage! Was just great fun. Don't think they would do the bar thing now, but just to see them back on stage rumbling though some great rock n roll songs would be fantastic.

Just read that its going to be the bass player from Rod Stewarts touring band

Anyway back to the thread, I for one would love to see the Faces reunion. Seen them 4 times back in the day in Newcastle. Those concerts were just fantastic, they even had a bar on the stage! Was just great fun. Don't think they would do the bar thing now, but just to see them back on stage rumbling though some great rock n roll songs would be fantastic.

Just read that its going to be the bass player from Rod Stewarts touring band

did I mention I dislike the idea of this going ahead :lol:

only joking - to each their own!!

Edited by caroselambra~

I'd rather see Wood with Faces than the Stones any day. In fact, I'd like to see it become permanent.

:D That's funny. I would however love to see a Faces reunion. Great band and like Aqua said, lots of fun

Same here. After twenty-odd years, I still think of him as the Faces' guitarist, or at best the "new guy" with the Stones.

Thing is, Woody was GOOD with Faces. His raunch 'n roll style was fine for that band. But he just doesn't step up to the plate with the Stones. No match for Mick Taylor whatsoever. The Stones' guitar sound hasn't been all that in DECADES, lead-wise.

PLEASE, Woody! Quit the Stones and make this Faces project work!

Thing is, Woody was GOOD with Faces. His raunch 'n roll style was fine for that band. But he just doesn't step up to the plate with the Stones. No match for Mick Taylor whatsoever. The Stones' guitar sound hasn't been all that in DECADES, lead-wise.

PLEASE, Woody! Quit the Stones and make this Faces project work!

Admittedly, in his heyday, almost nobody was a match for Mick Taylor. But yeah, the Faces was exactly the kind of band that suited Ron Wood perfectly, He WAS great then. Now the Stones have basically switched the focus off the kind of guitar Keith used to work so well off, and if they brought in somebody more interesting it could only help them, too (not that they're not great now, but they're not breaking barriers like they used to).

Admittedly, in his heyday, almost nobody was a match for Mick Taylor. But yeah, the Faces was exactly the kind of band that suited Ron Wood perfectly, He WAS great then. Now the Stones have basically switched the focus off the kind of guitar Keith used to work so well off, and if they brought in somebody more interesting it could only help them, too (not that they're not great now, but they're not breaking barriers like they used to).

The perfect scenario is this:

Woody and Rod hit it off, and Faces reunites permanently. Woody leaves the Stones.

Keith swallows his pride and calls Taylor, who also swallows HIS pride. Taylor re-joins, and the Stones start to show life again, even in their advanced stage.

B)

Woody and Rod hit it off, and Faces reunites permanently. Woody leaves the Stones.

Keith swallows his pride and calls Taylor, who also swallows HIS pride. Taylor re-joins, and the Stones start to show life again, even in their advanced stage.

B)

In a perfect world this scenario would have come true... :rolleyes:

B)

Works for me. TBH, if Woody is actually up to doing a Faces reunion ( and I'm not so sure about that ) they have probably a better chance of pulling it off successfully than many other acts that have tried to do so. I say this because, they were more about songs and less about soloing etc. With Rod being such a great showman and singer, there really was no need

Woody-(re) Join the fucking Faces,get back to what you were good at.

Keith, (I want to say this as subtly as possible):

Fucking call MICK TAYLOR

Mick (Taylor) take the shit,give it right back,work it out...

Go out,reclaim your crown as The Worlds' Greatest Rock and Roll Band.

2009 is the 40th anniversary of Let It Bleed....

I have spoken B)