Have You Heard This Band?

Dancin'Days

I hope everyone participates in this. There is so much good music out there that some people will never know unless you show them. So, if you know some good old, or new music that just doesn't or didn't get much air time please post it with a video if possible.

Example:

Starz-pull the plug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f88PYpyfHII...feature=related

I'm obsessed of finding new bands, and if I find anything good I usually maka a thread about them. BUT, it's difficult to have people intrested as they seem to rather read and post about the same stuff as the music magazines write about. GnR's and AC/DC's new records etc etc.. Kind of a pity, but that's how things seem to work and I guess there's nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, that Starz tune made me go and find out everything about the girl Karen Ann Quinlan and her tragic destiny which was very interesting. Thanks!!

Quill. (Made 1 album, Quill)........ Played Woodstock (69) and disapeared withhout a trace.

That song, in the woodstock movie (not the regular movie, but some newer DVD with songs that was left out from the movie) was quite good, if my memory serves me correct.. Haven't heard the album though.

I hope everyone participates in this. There is so much good music out there that some people will never know unless you show them. So, if you know some good old, or new music that just doesn't or didn't get much air time please post it with a video if possible.

Example:

Starz-pull the plug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f88PYpyfHII...feature=related

Ah yes...I remember these guys from Don Kirshner's Rock Concert in 1976...the very same episode that clips from TSRTS aired. Billy Crystal was on that as well.

Starz were a blatant Aerosmith ripoff. Singer Michael Lee Smith was a Tyler clone if there ever was one. :lol:

I'm obsessed of finding new bands, and if I find anything good I usually maka a thread about them. BUT, it's difficult to have people intrested as they seem to rather read and post about the same stuff as the music magazines write about. GnR's and AC/DC's new records etc etc.. Kind of a pity, but that's how things seem to work and I guess there's nothing wrong with that.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it either but it does seem to be the nature of "classic rock" oriented boards. Believe me, there are email listservs and other boards out there where there are much broader and eclectic tastes in music expressed. Some of that does happen here but it tends to be on a very small scale.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it either but it does seem to be the nature of "classic rock" oriented boards. Believe me, there are email listservs and other boards out there where there are much broader and eclectic tastes in music expressed. Some of that does happen here but it tends to be on a very small scale.

Yeah, regarding the nature of "classic rock" boards, I've noticed that too..

Aphrodite´s child-The four horseman

Just listened to that, good tune! I'll listen to your others when I get time. I may have heard the Babe Ruth track as I have a couple of their albums.

Archived