The Bands/People That Would Still Be Here.

pinky

It's Janis.

Anyway, I didn't see John Lennon or George Harrison.

I also didn't see Nick Drake, he's sorta unhead of but he's pretty good.

Of course it is how stuuupid of me. :slapface: Funny how you don't see what's right there...nice list...Drake was so talented...adding Robert Johnson to the list, died way too young, what a legacy he left, though...

Edited by Patrycja

Michael Hutchence. May not have been hugely influential, but I thought Inxs were a great band and his death was incredibly sad. I was lucky to have met him. Lovely lovely person :(

Lucky to have met Michael! I love quite a few INXS albums and Michael was a great performer/singer.

Anyone mention Elvis Pressley?

Edited by ~tangerine~

And to think, the last few concerts Hendrix performed had him being booed off the stage. <_<

No, not true at all (care to name your source?).

There was, however, one incidence where Hendrix received a negative response from an audience, and that was at his last concert appearance (not public appearance) on September 6th 1970. This was due to him postponing his scheduled slot at the Fehmarn Festival, in Germany, because of heavy rain and the real risk of electrocution (sensible decision, if you ask me). When he took the stage the following night he was jeered and booed by some of the restless crowd who obviously didn't know, or care, about the potential dangers.

RB

Edited by Humbucker

I would rate Hendrix as one of the biggest losses. He died at the height of popularity. I was never a big fan, but had he lived I suspect he really would have taken the guitar to extreme levels.

I agree.

Morrison and Cobain had the biggest impact to me.

I still get freaked out wondering what really happened to Jim.

I'm a skeptic to all the accounts.

I sometimes wonder what really happened to him too. Whatever Pam knew, she took with her when she left this world.

To me, Bonzo had the biggest impact - and not just musically.

Edited to add: My husband and I sometimes wonder what Janis would be doing (e.g., singing the blues) had she lived.

There was, however, one incidence where Hendrix received a negative response from an audience, and that was at his last concert appearance (not public appearance) on September 6th 1970. This was due to him postponing his scheduled slot at the Fehmarn Festival, in Germany, because of heavy rain and the real risk of electrocution (sensible decision, if you ask me). When he took the stage the following night he was jeered and booed by some of the restless crowd who obviously didn't know, or care, about the potential dangers.

RB

I suspect also that a lot of the booing was a hangover from the Isle Of Wight Festival weeks earlier. That festival took booing artists to a different level. They audience thought everybody had sold them out. Joni Mitchell may have taken the worst of it

RB

Hendrix was booed more than once towards the end of his life because the crowd wanted "Foxy Lady" and "Purple Haze," not the newer material. I have heard numerous boots where he is continually bombarded with chants for "Purple Haze" and booed when he doesn't play it. The Sept. 6th show you mention might have been a different circumstance because of bad weather, but I've also heard audio from the same show where people were booing him when he'd go off and do something they weren't "familiar" with.

And to think, the last few concerts Hendrix performed had him being booed off the stage. <_<

RB

How about Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull. Tull and Hendrix played at the Isle of Wight festival a couple of weeks before Hendrix died. In the CD notes of Tull's live performance release Ian says, "Jimi wasn't having the best day".

In Jimi's defense, from the biopic it appeared Jimi was sick of playing all the popular crap. Sad.

Edited by JethroTull

Here's one not too obvious. John Glascock of Jethro Tull. John joined the band in 1976. Lot's of partying contributed to some complications during surgery (teeth problems I think) in 1979 and he died. Had he lived maybe the 70's line-up would have continued. His death was a big factor in the band imploding.

elvis HENDRX jim morrison SID VICIOUS bon scott dirty deeds what a shame hendrix morrison FUCKING CRAZY MORRISON SINGING in a trance of his guts SID VICIOUS ON STAGE WITH A RAZOR SLISEING HIM SELF SPITING ON PEOPLE THROWING BEER ABUSIG THE AUDIOUNCE HENDRIX PLAYING AWAY SMASHING GITARS BERNING GITARS SEEING COLORS N SHIT and for good mesure bozo smashing the drums with his hands geeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz one tuff band lol no RIP TO ALL ABOVE all great not COPPY CAT LIKE TODAYS MUSIC ORIGINAL the masters whell look at bonzo after he died zeppelin no more .........not the same now look at all the unoriginal bands now crap i think i like some but not all ok

elvis HENDRX jim morrison SID VICIOUS bon scott dirty deeds what a shame hendrix morrison FUCKING CRAZY MORRISON SINGING in a trance of his guts SID VICIOUS ON STAGE WITH A RAZOR SLISEING HIM SELF SPITING ON PEOPLE THROWING BEER ABUSIG THE AUDIOUNCE HENDRIX PLAYING AWAY SMASHING GITARS BERNING GITARS SEEING COLORS N SHIT and for good mesure bozo smashing the drums with his hands geeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz one tuff band lol no RIP TO ALL ABOVE all great not COPPY CAT LIKE TODAYS MUSIC ORIGINAL the masters whell look at bonzo after he died zeppelin no more .........not the same now look at all the unoriginal bands now crap i think i like some but not all ok

Sid Vicious wasn't that great of a loss, but meh.

Berning? :huh: Audionce? OH! right, the audiophile crowed. And Bozo the clown played drums? I never knew.

Keith Moon was better at that task anyway.