Bell-bottoms, do you still have a pair?

danelectro

The lacing didn't go around the entire rear - just a space of a few inches (enough to open the jeans to get in and out of them) from the tail bone up - there were eyelets and the lacing was a piece of leather/raw hide. They weren't low-rise like today's super low rise - they more like hip-huggers. In addition to despising platform shoes, my mother hated anything that was short, tight, or revealed skin so I don't know how these lace up the rear jeans slid past her.

Those sound really awesome. I love the vintage style. I know it isn't accepted as proper fashioon now, but I don't mind.

I got my first pair of green bells bottoms in 1970 and damn did I get laughed at when I wore them with penny loafers. :slapface:

There was some really bad fashion in the early 70s. Mini, midi and maxi shirts. Tie dye and stove pipe pants. I didn`t realize plaid came in some many patterns.

Gotta admit I really loved the HOT PANTS! :D

We love short-shorts!

I dont have any of my vintage clothes left except my polyester disco shirt from 1977.

If you think back just a little prior to 1970, the guy's were looking at hopsack stove pipe pants cut just above the ankle with some sort of slip on sneaker and funky surfer sock...lol. Pokadot, Paisely and Nero shirts . Bell bottom pants were just becoming the fashion, Pea Jackets, Double Breasted Suits, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix....F..K ME...good times :D

If you think back just a little prior to 1970, the guy's were looking at hopsack stove pipe pants cut just above the ankle with some sort of slip on sneaker and funky surfer sock...lol. Pokadot, Paisely and Nero shirts . Bell bottom pants were just becoming the fashion, Pea Jackets, Double Breasted Suits, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix....F..K ME...good times :D

Nero shirts, forgot about those. Reminds me of Naru jackets from the period. My friend wore one to Red Neck Tech, where I went to school, and almost got a serious beating. <_<

Nero shirts, forgot about those. Reminds me of Naru jackets from the period. My friend wore one to Red Neck Tech, where I went to school, and almost got a serious beating. <_<

Ha Ha ! It was the same back then too. We were all just growing up and wanted to impress the girls. Some of the guy's took exception but then you'd see them and their girlfried a couple of weeks later, and they were suddenly happenin' dudes.... :D

Ha Ha ! It was the same back then too. We were all just growing up and wanted to impress the girls. Some of the guy's took exception but then you'd see them and their girlfried a couple of weeks later, and they were suddenly happenin' dudes.... :D

Things were tough down South during that time. If you had long hair, you had better have a George Wallace sticker on the bumper of your pick-up next to the Rebel flag license plate. Better yet, Yosmite Sam mud flaps.

I agree with Denis Leary:

:coffee::hysterical: M****R F****R! Ask me what Hot! coffee feels like blowing out the nostrels :lol:

Correction.....

....and just to bring the conversation back on topic,I have a jacket exactly like the one Denis is wearing in the clip,I wear it all the time. B)

Better yet, Yosmite Sam mud flaps.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I remember those fuckin' things!!!!!!

Things were tough down South during that time. If you had long hair, you had better have a George Wallace sticker on the bumper of your pick-up next to the Rebel flag license plate. Better yet, Yosmite Sam mud flaps.

Yeah, those were tough day's and as you say, they were probably tougher in the south. I'm sure most of us who were around then could tell a story or two about being hasseled about the length of our hair and our choice of clothing. Vancouver certainly had it's share of rednecks and most of them were in the VPD at the time. It became sport for many of them to beat the living Jesus out of anyone that looked the part. When I think back to those day's, it's not alway's with fond memories

Yeah, those were tough day's and as you say, they were probably tougher in the south. I'm sure most of us who were around then could tell a story or two about being hasseled about the length of our hair

Yes and the worst was when a friend of mine got his hair pulled and beaten by a big drunk red neck with a chew of Red Man at a football game.

To this day I regret not gutting that mother fucker like a fish with my buck knife. I just stood and watched because it was about 10 of them egging it on.

I regret not throwing down and getting my ass beat too.

He got killed a few years later in a car wreck coming home from a concert.

Yes and the worst was when a friend of mine got his hair pulled and beaten by a big drunk red neck with a chew of Red Man at a football game.

To this day I regret not gutting that mother fucker like a fish with my buck knife. I just stood and watched because it was about 10 of them egging it on.

I regret not throwing down and getting my ass beat too.

He got killed a few years later in a car wreck coming home from a concert.

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that. I was just telling a friend about how many people I know who never made it out of the 70's. Sad really. Most of the memories are good ones but there are some awful ones too. That's life I guess but it's still hard to take sometimes. I think I'll pass on any time travel opportunity's should they ever arise. Zeppelin concerts aside

Ok, I'm not talkin' about new-school girly flares but old school real deal bells. Not that this is a badge of honor or anything but I know some of us still have 'em. Now for a little bragging. Back in the not so long ago day, 80's, you could still walk into a store and buy "elephant bell Levi's". I was that kid that bought those, I swear I wore BB's into the early 90's. Eventually I gained some weight and the old pants found their way to the Salvation Army. However along the way I've alway been a hoarder of second hand clothing. As much as I hate to admit it I just busted out a few pairs or Robet Plant style 70's jeans along with some 100% flannel disco era plaid bells. I'm going to wear these mofo's over the Xmas season. Not sure why, but something about the fit makes me want to shake my booty :blink: . Tis' the season to party!

Boy,does this take me back.

Hopefully I can find an episode of The Brady Bunch or Partridge Family to watch tonight.And later, have sweet dreams of the suede vest with long fringe,which unfortunately,I never owned.

Archived