Bell-bottoms, do you still have a pair?

danelectro

Ok, I'm not talkin' about new-school girly flares but old school real deal bells. Not that this is a badge of honor or anything but I know some of us still have 'em. Now for a little bragging. Back in the not so long ago day, 80's, you could still walk into a store and buy "elephant bell Levi's". I was that kid that bought those, I swear I wore BB's into the early 90's. Eventually I gained some weight and the old pants found their way to the Salvation Army. However along the way I've alway been a hoarder of second hand clothing. As much as I hate to admit it I just busted out a few pairs or Robet Plant style 70's jeans along with some 100% flannel disco era plaid bells. I'm going to wear these mofo's over the Xmas season. Not sure why, but something about the fit makes me want to shake my booty :blink: . Tis' the season to party!

No, I don't mine are all the girly flair. I'm way too young to have vintage ones, and their are no good thrift shop. I do have a pair that look like vintage bell bottoms, and I love them, but they aren't real thing. I wear them with my cork and brown leather platforms.

I have a pair of low-rise kinda-bells that I bought back in the late nineties, during the big "retro" craze. For not being "true" BBs, they're pretty big! The thrift stores around here really aren't that great, so I don't have a lot of the vintage clothing anymore. Most of my vintage stuff wore out...

I think we should all bust out the funky clothes on New Year's Eve. I will!

No; once the mid 70s passed you couldn't find them around here anymore. But I did have my share of low waisted BB Toughskins, including my favorite red, white and blue plaid pair (I"m guessing I got them in '76, when everything was red, white and blue) :) This was during my tweenish years, so no chance of me fitting into them now even if I had kept them.

Unfortunately in some areas where I live they havent. The same could be said about 'wifebeaters', 8-Ball jackets, & Z Cavarichees. I almost, ... almost, welcome bell bottoms.

:D Was joking ! LOL those acid wash jeans were uuugly. Had high waisted seafarer bell bottoms in the 70's. Had the platform boots to go along with them too :lol:

I wish I still had my original bell-bottoms. The very best pair I owned were skin tight, rode low on the hips, and laced up the rear.

The rear? That's a new one on me. When I was younger, maybe 12, I had a pair that were dark wash denim and laced up the side of the hips for maybe four inches. Unfortunatly, I never got to wear them because my mum disapproved of them. They weren't really tight, and there was fabric under the lacing. I don't know why she hated them.

The rear? That's a new one on me. When I was younger, maybe 12, I had a pair that were dark wash denim and laced up the side of the hips for maybe four inches. Unfortunatly, I never got to wear them because my mum disapproved of them. They weren't really tight, and there was fabric under the lacing. I don't know why she hated them.

The lacing didn't go around the entire rear - just a space of a few inches (enough to open the jeans to get in and out of them) from the tail bone up - there were eyelets and the lacing was a piece of leather/raw hide. They weren't low-rise like today's super low rise - they more like hip-huggers. In addition to despising platform shoes, my mother hated anything that was short, tight, or revealed skin so I don't know how these lace up the rear jeans slid past her.

The lacing didn't go around the entire rear - just a space of a few inches (enough to open the jeans to get in and out of them) from the tail bone up - there were eyelets and the lacing was a piece of leather/raw hide. They weren't low-rise like today's super low rise - they more like hip-huggers. In addition to despising platform shoes, my mother hated anything that was short, tight, or revealed skin so I don't know how these lace up the rear jeans slid past her.

I remember those MAD. When us guy's, in high school, weren't pulling bra straps we were looking for rear laced jeans :lol:

I got my first pair of green bells bottoms in 1970 and damn did I get laughed at when I wore them with penny loafers. :slapface:

There was some really bad fashion in the early 70s. Mini, midi and maxi shirts. Tie dye and stove pipe pants. I didn`t realize plaid came in some many patterns.

Gotta admit I really loved the HOT PANTS! :D

We love short-shorts!

I dont have any of my vintage clothes left except my polyester disco shirt from 1977.

Archived