Posthumously released music

JethroTull

Hey, I'm doing my best to start new/fresh topics.

I own two. Number one is Brainwashed by George Harrison, which I think has some great stuff on it. Marwa Blues won a Grammy for Best Pop Instrumental. Listen to it here.

Number two is Head First by Badfinger released about 4 years ago. A 2 CD collection, recorded in Dec 1974 a few months before Pete Ham committed suicide. Has some very good stuff on it, CD #2 has contains demos of the completed music.

Steve Marriott- Live At Dingwalls 7-6-84.

Yeah, this isn't exactly NEW songs to be honest. But this show was released in 1998, Steve passed on in 1991. Great mixture of Humble Pie/Small Faces/solo stuff and a few covers.

Steve at this time had an amazing set of chops on lead guitar, and his voice was as strong as ever. He was only accompanied by a bass player and drummer, yet his ability to blend lead/rhythm guitar seamlessly (like another chap we know) gave them a full sound.

A must have for Marriott fans.

Wasn't Warren Zevon's last album released after his death? That was pretty recent, and the song on it that the radio played for a while was pretty good.

I think it was released before his death. It was all recorded after he found out he was terminally and on the downslope. I remember he was the guest on Letterman for a week to promote it and Dave was paying some serious respect.

I wouldn't see why CODA wouldn't qualify.

Robert Johnson had 78s released before he died (11 and one after died), but his albums didn't start coming out till 1961. The 78s were considered "race" records and only marketed to blacks in the South.

His first posthumous proper album.

KotDBS1.jpg

This is the 78rpm released in February of 1939 after Johnson had died. On the flip side was "Preachin' Blues".

78_robert_johnson_10FULL.jpg

"Love in Vain" was really made famous by The Rolling Stones, especially on the live "Get your Ya Ya's Out" album.

Hey, I'm doing my best to start new/fresh topics.

I own two. Number one is Brainwashed by George Harrison, which I think has some great stuff on it. Marwa Blues won a Grammy for Best Pop Instrumental. Listen to it here.

Number two is Head First by Badfinger released about 4 years ago. A 2 CD collection, recorded in Dec 1974 a few months before Pete Ham committed suicide. Has some very good stuff on it, CD #2 has contains demos of the completed music.

How's it going "JethroTull?" Huh? I own all of these albums that are mentioned on this thread and more. I'd like to add another great album to the list. It is the "Moody Blue" album from 1977 by ELVIS PRESLEY. When ELVIS died in August 1977, people made their way to the music stores and bought up all of ELVIS' albums on Vinyl/LP and Cassette. My friend who worked at Tower Records in Sacramento, California saved me an original Vinyl/LP copy of the "Moody Blue" album and gave it to me later. What is so original about this particular album is that the Vinyl is a beautiful blue color and is now considered a collector's item. ROCK ON!

Looking up info for Track records from LZfan715's thread made me realize all the Jimi Hendrix records that came out after he died. Geez, it's endless.

The first was "The Cry of Love", an abbreviated work of his "First Rays of the Rising Sun" planned double album, then of course "Rainbow Bridge" and "War Heroes", followed by a glut of inferior releases by Alan Douglas, adding other musicians and perverting some of Jimi's unfinished works. There were however some gems to come out, mostly live recordings and the "Blues" cd.

Looking up info for Track records from LZfan715's thread made me realize all the Jimi Hendrix records that came out after he died. Geez, it's endless.

The first was "The Cry of Love", an abbreviated work of his "First Rays of the Rising Sun" planned double album, then of course "Rainbow Bridge" and "War Heroes", followed by a glut of inferior releases by Alan Douglas, adding other musicians and perverting some of Jimi's unfinished works. There were however some gems to come out, mostly live recordings and the "Blues" cd.

I'm not positive but I think Hendrix is on record as having the most records released after his death (though I'm sure they will be releasing Grateful Dead concerts from the vault long after we are all gone). One thing I'd love to get my hands on is The Winterland Concerts. I recall having this on vinyl at my college radio station back in the 80s but to the best of my knowledge it's never been released on CD.

Possessed

Not the American death metal band, but a British progressive rock band from the early seventies:

http://chrisgoesrocks.blogspot.com/2007/06...eleased-uk.html

This is the story of a band whose tragic legacy could never have been predicted. Possessed were born out the thriving underground West Midlands Rock & Blues scene of the mid to late ‘60’s. This was a scene in which band- leader, Vernon Pereira, had been a key figure.

The band were formed in late 1969 when Vernon teamed up (after a spell playing next to Robert Plant in The Band Of Joy) with Mick Reeves, who had been playing in (amongst other bands) Sugarstack with Al Atkins. This was the band that would eventually evolve into being the first incarnation of Judas Priest. Exploration was originally intended for releases in 1971. Due to various reasons the album never saw the light of day.

The band were finally on the verge of signing a major deal, when tragedy struck. Whilst returning home from a gig in 1976, the bands van drove into a stationary tanker, taking the lives of three band members.The full story is included in the extensively researched sleevenotes, which include many photo's. Mastered fom the orignal tapes.

What we have here is a true lost gem from the hard edged progressive rock era of early 70's Britain. Exploration was originally intended for release on a major label back in 1971, but due to general bad luck and circumstance, it never happened.

01. Darkness Darkness

02. The Love That You Gave

03. Exploration

04. Climb The Wooden Hills

05. Dream

06. All Night Long

07. Disheartened & Disillusioned

08. Thunder & Lightning

09. Love 'Em & Leave 'Em

10. Exploration Pt. II

11. Reminiscing

12. I See The Light