Is this what this has come down to?

Look i understand that this was a limited concert and that a select few got to go... But im thinking about all the new,old,current and future zep fans. For those who got tickets enjoy them to the fullest. For us that didnt was this the last chance we will get to ever see the members of zep all together on stage? And if it is why sour so many fans. The fact that i know it wont be televised makes it worse. You cant explode a building and expect people not to gather. And i know its much more complicated then "uhh ok lets put the band back together and its done." But for the love of rock and roll Zep do something for the fans that lets us see you guys go out with a bang... And if your not going out go on tour. PLEASE Because with this concert not only are you putting a stamp in fucking time but into the hearts of all your fans. We just want to see you man is all. To the real fans roberts pitch, or jimmy's finger dont mean squat. We just want to see them on stage and make it do what it do, Which we all know all you are still good at. Better then shiz out nowadays ne ways...

So I ask as a fan that would empty out his bank account, or smash his guitar just to be let in the door. What can we expect after london and what can we expect from the band thats givin so much to us already?

{WAITING FOR THE DAY I CAN SEE TOUR DATES WITH TORONTO ONT AND A DATE BESIDE IT}

Ahhh we all can dream cant we?

I hear ya Man ! Nice Post. Just a thought ...............I scrolled forward through my cable system guide to next Monday on VH1 Classic at 3pm (central US) which aprox. the time the should be taking the stage at O2. They have listed for the next 4 hours just VH1 special ........... could mean nothing OR there could be something cooking. They might just play live Zep stuff from the DVD that we have already seen. BUT it would be cool if they were to broadcast live from the O2 andZep allowed at least the 1st 30 minuets of the show !!! SOMETHING!!!! Keeping hope alive.........

Over the past coupple months there has been footage of the band playing at different places, basically highlights. I doupt there will be any tv coverage because, Its just to huge for tv... If they do put it on tv and hit the gig perfectly then they would look stupid not to take the chance of a lifetime and show the world they are the kings of they're era and not only that, but they can prove how big the demand is for them and bands alike.All in all people just need something to fucking belive in and when you give them a bit of hope but hide it behind a curtain all is uncertain. The fate of zep may lay at the feet of this gig... If i was them id do the same i cant lie, i would start small. But see they've been in it for to long they know the demand is huge right not they are just concernd about thier image. When people including themselves look at it not that zeppelin is playing but FUCKING Robert plant, Jimmy Page, John paul jones and Jason bohan is playing then we will be able to talk about tours and outlines.

Just a thought.

Look i understand that this was a limited concert and that a select few got to go... But im thinking about all the new,old,current and future zep fans. For those who got tickets enjoy them to the fullest. For us that didnt was this the last chance we will get to ever see the members of zep all together on stage? And if it is why sour so many fans. The fact that i know it wont be televised makes it worse. You cant explode a building and expect people not to gather. And i know its much more complicated then "uhh ok lets put the band back together and its done." But for the love of rock and roll Zep do something for the fans that lets us see you guys go out with a bang... And if your not going out go on tour. PLEASE Because with this concert not only are you putting a stamp in fucking time but into the hearts of all your fans. We just want to see you man is all. To the real fans roberts pitch, or jimmy's finger dont mean squat. We just want to see them on stage and make it do what it do, Which we all know all you are still good at. Better then shiz out nowadays ne ways...

Ahhh we all can dream cant we?

What a great post. Honestly, what are they trying to accomplish by having the concert only shown to a few people? I know Led Zeppelin has been in general secretive about things they do, but this is ridiculous. What do they accomplish by not having the gig broadcast?

What a great post. Honestly, what are they trying to accomplish by having the concert only shown to a few people? I know Led Zeppelin has been in general secretive about things they do, but this is ridiculous. What do they accomplish by not having the gig broadcast?

I guess because they are doing it for the charity of their late friend Ahmet !! That seems to be forgotten. This twas he only way they would of got back together because it was his wish they did a gig in his memory. Good on them for doing that I say !!

Yes Leddy but would you really be saying this if you didnt have a ticket like most of us. I am happy for you but i think if you werent going you would be disappointed to. Also, I just got the email from tickets.com saying its a done deal that they will play in Manchester TN next summer. I am a believer that there absolutley will be a tour as you already know. But I cant blame the chap that made this post for feeling the way he does. I mean, reallly. Who the hell is this Turk Ahmet to most of us long die hard Zepp fans. We dont give a rats ass about him-no disrespect intended. May he rest with the Lord above. But I never heard of him before. This is what we always wanted (A Zeppelin reunion) and of all the fans out there, most of us are heartbroken becaue we are being left out of it.

Er, do you like Zep? The Stones? Crosby, Stills, Nash, Young? Aretha? Stevie Wonder?

Ahmet signed ALL of these performers. A great show is the PBS special, The House that Ahmet Built. Let me just say this: an hour ago I put my DVD from this show into my luggage on the off chance that I have an opportunity to have something signed by a member of the band. Not my back or a t-shirt or a ticket stub: Ahmet's House...

I hear ya Man ! Nice Post. Just a thought ...............I scrolled forward through my cable system guide to next Monday on VH1 Classic at 3pm (central US) which aprox. the time the should be taking the stage at O2. They have listed for the next 4 hours just VH1 special ........... could mean nothing OR there could be something cooking. They might just play live Zep stuff from the DVD that we have already seen. BUT it would be cool if they were to broadcast live from the O2 andZep allowed at least the 1st 30 minuets of the show !!! SOMETHING!!!! Keeping hope alive.........

Thanks for sharing that

an i quote my series 2 Tivo Vh1classic

1pm Led Zeppelin: Live

3pm The Song Remains the Same

6pm Led Zeppelin: Live

1pm - 3pm = two hours, the length of the DVD compilation from "Mothership". Just saying this to stave off disappointment. My Tivo will still be recording, though...

Thanks!

there is just to much a demand for them, the emotion they're music envokes and the magic they produce. Its just that it leave every fan that didnt get a chance to go feeling empty. That whole era/time of life was about togetherness. We dont give a shit if plant cant hit high notes or pagys finger isnt par... If they were playing in a fucking field in Newfoundland it would still be sold out. Not only because its a great show but we love them and everything they've done for us already. But what about the zep fans of 2025 do they want to remember the band they love not playing one last time so they could have stories and wounderful memories for years to come, for the soul fact the band might not be at the same calibur it was back in the day? Ill take zeppelin anyway it comes, as long as people are there and being a part of something they live for. People wont give a shit the solo's are partitioned and might be in a lower register.

all in all we love you even if you do a europe tour, Do something for the fans, give them another chance to live out their dreams. After all isnt there two paths we can go down... And still we cant change the roads we're on.

Do something for the fans, give them another chance to live out their dreams. After all isnt there two paths we can go down... And still we cant we still change the roads we're on.

Obviously your a passionate fan. Unfortunately, all things must pass.

"We're not immortal" -- Robert Plant, November 2007

But the essence of this thread is that they dont have to be immortal... We take in all their flaws and replaces them with our own...(metaphorically of course) and by doing this we release all the negativity and say wow IM AT A ZEPPELIN CONCERT!!, and not dam i he missed that b flat.

:boohoo: Bump

To have to stay home that night when the O2 is so easy for me to reach is excrutiating!

I have loved Zep for years & rarely ever run into anyone else that does.

Usually if I mention Zeppelin I just get a blank look (people may have heard the name but you can see them trying to put a finger on why they know it)

this is probably more true in England than in America

It makes me wonder where these million people who tried to get tix to the O2 crawled out from?

I wish I knew em!

Bronwyn i know how you feel i get the same responce from people at work, on the bus or when just talking music in general. It must be harder tho for all thoese so close but yet so far... I bet it must be killing the poeple that live within a stones skip and wont be seeing them. It just a really poor thought in general and i hope something can be done to meet the demand zeppelin has created with this gig. At least have it on ppv make another 200 bill or w.e give that to charity. becuase if people could see if they wouldnt be so sour. Again tho brings up the point if they televise it people will record and bootleg the shit out of it untill the concert means nothing... so it is smart on thier part. Plus zeppelin put everything into thier live gigs video doesnt do them much justice because the whole about Zeppelin is UNITY something that people putting this together didnt think out to well. well love zeppelin period... we love each other for the unity felt when they play. But how can you limit that to 20,000?

just my 2 cents

Your not the only one who has loved Led Zeppelin Bronwyn like forever, I am one of the lucky ones, I am sincerely sorry you did not get tickets, it was luck of the draw, maybe they will like what they have done, so they may tour,fingers crossed.

Yes, good on them. Ahmet wished for one gig in his memory. So why not go out of the way to something more than just what he wished for? Why not try to keep a happy memory for more than 20 000 people?

Ollipticle, thanks for saying what needed to be said. However thrilled we all are for the reunion, I think it is really just crushing a lot of us because we know we are being left out. There has been a great response to this gig, but a tour would have an even better response. This reunion is really letting lots of good fans down. A tour would keep us happy and Ahmet happy too.

Once this gig is over, we'll probably talk about it for a week, and then everyone will forget about it.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!

Why I bet Leddy is at home right now writing up a new will, to include the instructions that one day, (preferably a long, long time from now) to be buried with the tickets to this gig.

Forgotten in a week, I will put money on it, that it will be many years before Leddy could go a month without some mention of this concert pmsl

see i think it will be talked about for longer then a week. But i can understand where he's comming from. Most people dont care about the tribute to him... Its mostly about Zep playing... Most people just gave to the charity to get a chance at tickets. so i mean if there was no driving force/reason behind the gig they would still pull in the same numbers and at the end of the night you wont give to shits who its for, youll just think wow i just got the shit kicked outta my threw my ears and loved it!

~olipticle

I know it's not being televised but surely it's being filmed for a DVD? It's a one off, I'm just glad they're doing it at all. I don't have a glass half empty attitude.

But I also accept that it's easy for me to say that because I live in London and I'm sorely tempted to just go down there on the night and listen outside!

Archived