Eric Clapton to tour with Steve Winwood this summer.

Wolfman

yeah but still. i didnt even know they played last yr, until hearing it on the radio today.

Eric said not to tell you. He didn't want to put you in the uncomfortable position of

having to choose between going to his show or a possible Page/Jones/Bonham gig.

However, the dvd has been made available at this time for the sake of everyone.

I decided to pass, after a few searches I didn't like the seats available. As the half decent seats sold TM raised the prices of the tix available. What started out as $49 3rd level seats were $95 3rd level seats by the 5th search. I had 4 tix on the lower level after the first search but those were in the corner so I gave 'em up. I'm not paying $95 plus service fees to sit at the top, I'll buy the DVD and be just as happy.

Ok I lied, I kept searching til I found what I wanted. I bought 4 on the lower level for the Denver show.

You will have a blast. BTW, the Voodoo Chile they do is the long jamming out one from Electric Ladyland (not the regular single you normally hear on the radio)

I went to the www.tickets-for-events.com site...cough cough $1550 for tickets that will go on sale with Ticketbastards 2/23 for $150..... plus essential fees of course! :thumbdown:

I will wait till Monday, and hope seats are still available, fingers crossed

I found out today that the trick with TM is to keep at it. I turned down the first tix that came up and it took many subsequent requests before better seats came around again. Their server is there to deceive you into making a choice under duress, it was trying to get me to believe I had to pay floor prices for 2nd level and worse. I kept at it for a half hour before it coughed up tix with a good view down low. After a while I was just doing it because I had nothing better to do at work, I ran across several pairs of floor tix more than 30 minutes after the sale started.

The most expensive are $150 in Dallas! (Through TM, not brokers.)

...almost like here in Oz.

Eric will be playing "solo" (no Windwood involved) in Sydney on 8th March.

Through Ticketmaster the cheapest is AUD 99.90 and the dearest AUD 399.90.

Not going though... :mellow:

I logged onto Tickemaster at exactly 10AM when the tickets went on sale.

The seats offered were horrible. I requested best available. Then I requested top price tickets ($150 in Columbus). It came back that none were available! I kept trying and finally got good seats at the medium price of $89.50.

As I kept playing around with it, floor seats (back section) became available. Top tier of the arena were and still are selling for the medium price of $89.50.

The cheapest seats, $69.50, are for the top 6 rows of the arena. Nosebleed seats!

I think that everyone tries to buy their tickets the minute that they go on sale, tying up all the available good seats. Then people think that they can get better seats and release the ones they were originally assigned. That frees up the better seat after they were originally rejected. So if you wait a half hour or so after the opening of the sale, you can get better seats than those originally assigned to you. Just my theory.

• 2 months later...

Archived