THE WHITE STRIPES ON CONAN TONIGHT!

Mr. Da-Lo

Also Conan's last show before he takes over from Leno.

I can't believe that's happening already! I remember reading about it and it was to take place a couple of years from when the announcement was made. Phew time is flying by. Should be interesting to see what he'll be like in an earlier time slot.

Video has been pulled by NBC. For what it's worth, I was terribly disappointed in the performance. I'm a big fan and it was just a bit difficult to get through. They seemed uncomfortable, off key and just not together :(

I think they just overthought it. They took that happy-go-lucky song and really saddened it. I didn't care for the arrangement, but I appreciated the symbolism.

I think they just overthought it. They took that happy-go-lucky song and really saddened it. I didn't care for the arrangement, but I appreciated the symbolism.

It could be - I was really surprised it went the way it did. I've never seen them live but all reports have been they're pretty amazing.

It could be - I was really surprised it went the way it did. I've never seen them live but all reports have been they're pretty amazing.

I have the Blackpool dvd and another pro shot show from the Icky Thump touring and both are just amazing shows. They don't use a setlist and for a mainstream act it's very fly by the seat of your pants. Had tix to see them close their last tour, but poor meg has anxiety attacks.

I only managed to see them once, and it was amazing. Was hoping to get to one of the later gigs on the last tour, but as you said . . . didn't happen. Great shame.

The choice of song really brought down the celebratory mood of the show, too--I think you may be right that they overthought it, maybe as a "we'll always be friends" sort of farewell number. But everything about it went wrong, IMO, starting with Jack's voice being scratchy.

The Blackpool DVD is fantastic though, isn't it?! I still love them, despite Friday's disappointment.

I only managed to see them once, and it was amazing. Was hoping to get to one of the later gigs on the last tour, but as you said . . . didn't happen. Great shame.

The choice of song really brought down the celebratory mood of the show, too--I think you may be right that they overthought it, maybe as a "we'll always be friends" sort of farewell number. But everything about it went wrong, IMO, starting with Jack's voice being scratchy.

The Blackpool DVD is fantastic though, isn't it?! I still love them, despite Friday's disappointment.

I still love 'em too.

Indeed, the DVD is fantastic. Love the sound of the BIG MUFF, especially during Jacks solos...

Looking on the brighter side, a news alert says:

According to multiple sources, The White Stripes are strongly rumoured to be performing at Worthy Farm this year along with Bruce Springsteen, Franz Ferdinand and...erm....Lily Allen amongst others. Q magazine and eFestivals have this information upon their website. Until further official statement from the band or their representative, please take this information with a grain of salt !

Peace out !

Looking on the brighter side, a news alert says:

According to multiple sources, The White Stripes are strongly rumoured to be performing at Worthy Farm this year along with Bruce Springsteen, Franz Ferdinand and...erm....Lily Allen amongst others. Q magazine and eFestivals have this information upon their website. Until further official statement from the band or their representative, please take this information with a grain of salt !

Peace out !

Fingers crossed it's true!

What a shame it was a bad performance. I've seen them twice, and the second concert i went to, their last tour together, was one of the best I'd ever been too.

I've never seen them but I've heard nothing but outstanding reports. This completely through me for a loop.

I've never seen them but I've heard nothing but outstanding reports. This completely through me for a loop.

I was real far away in the first concert, plus it was outdoor. the second one was at MSG and was seriously amazing, plus i was literally in the very front. My heart was pounding from excitement.....Especially during the song, "Im slowly turning into you" wow---it was great.

I understand now why the performance sucked the other night though....they performed "we're gonna be friends" I like the song, but not a good choice for performing. <_<

I was real far away in the first concert, plus it was outdoor. the second one was at MSG and was seriously amazing, plus i was literally in the very front. My heart was pounding from excitement.....Especially during the song, "Im slowly turning into you" wow---it was great.

I understand now why the performance sucked the other night though....they performed "we're gonna be friends" I like the song, but not a good choice for performing. <_<

Must have been great to have been front row like that!

I also think they seemed really uncomfortable on Conan and out of synch both instrumentally and vocally. Ah well. Everyone has an off night and clearly their on nights far outweigh!

Archived