Robert Plant Band of Joy Tour 2011

SteveAJones

DVR already set for this^^^

Hello Nashville, was anyone there?

Robert Plant with Band of Joy featuring Darrell Scott "Satisfied Mind"

I have searched and still cannot find when Robert sang Charlie Richs song "Life Has it's Little Ups and Downs". It sounded so beautiful.

There was a professional film crew recording the Nashville gig on February 9th. Potential dvd release or tv special being seriously considered?

It was filmed for The Artists Den.

There was also a separate film crew from American Truckers following one of the tour drivers for a segment on the life of a tour trucker.

So...for the month of March ...composing in Nashville perhaps?

Someone that spoke to him during his stay in Raleigh said he had plans to work with Jack White once he got to Nashville. Hard to say if that is rumor/hearsay but it would be a pretty intriguing pairing if it's true. I'm admittedly not a huge fan of White's but I do admire his work with Loretta Lynn and Wanda Jackson. No telling what he could do with the Band of Joy, particularly if Plant is already working on original material.

Someone that spoke to him during his stay in Raleigh said he had plans to work with Jack White once he got to Nashville. Hard to say if that is rumor/hearsay but it would be a pretty intriguing pairing if it's true. I'm admittedly not a huge fan of White's but I do admire his work with Loretta Lynn and Wanda Jackson. No telling what he could with the Band of Joy, particularly if Plant is already working on original material.

Jack White was at the Nashville show (along with several members of the Third Man House Band). I agree that would be an interesting collaboration.

Wondering if Robert needs to build a home in Brentwood as much time as he's apparently spending in Tennessee. Gorgeous area of the U.S., the general area is not as congested as other major cities, and not as weird. Admittedly, I haven't spent time there recently, but it's a cool environment.

Attorneys need to siphon money from hip pockets to make the world a better place, I'm told.

^loved that Ramble On, Silver Rider. Looking forward to seeing this!

Their rendition of "Ramble On" was one of many highlights of their recent show in Raleigh. Darrell Scott really knows how to bring it. The haters have no idea what they're missing.

Their rendition "Ramble On" was one of many highlights of their recent show in Raleigh. Darrell Scott really knows how to bring it. The haters have no idea what they're missing.

There's haters and there's "just can't stander's", and to have NO IDEA of what either is missing is so close minded of you. Those who dislike these recent versions of "Ramble On" may not like them for various reasons. Personally, I love the old original studio version, not the 02 version (very weak IMO) and certainly not these even WEAKER BOJ versions. I know EXACTLY what I'm missing._

I've seen various posts you make about 'haters'/'can't standers' not embracing the new sound/venture that Robert has and how it relates to how Led Zeppelin covered new ground, especially LZ III. Well, I'm here to tell you, NEW ground is one thing and can be enjoyed or NOT. The sound and performances on LZ III are FAR BETTER than this 'new folky/Americana, whatever you want to call it, music. It's such a cop-out to say those who don't care for the 'new' sound SHOULD if they like Zep's third album. BALONEY !!! NO COMPARISON, except that it was a different direction. SO WHAT ? Different direction isn't always good. You and others just can't stand that there are MANY of don't like this direction Plant is taking and you falsely accuse them of 'not getting it' or 'not knowing what they're missing'! It's not ALL about 'going back to the Zep sound', but it's about going into a sound that may appeal, and his 'new' sound just doesn't appeal. It's so easy for you to hook the old Zep and what others may want out of him together. Some for sure feel that way, but NOT ALL. This site has a TINY, absolute TINY amount of Zep fan's worldwide. Who knows how many like the 'new' direction and who don't. You can't even take the ratio here and apply it worldwide. Previous to today last I saw, the BOJ album was number 190+ in the top Billboard 200 and that was in the THICK of this recent tour. NOW it's NOT even in the top #200 of the list. After it's initial 'spike' based on units SHIPPED, it's dropped OUT OF SIGHT ! LOUSY numbers for ANYTIME ! Usually album sales go up during tours, what's the explanation for this ? Maybe you can find it in the listing, I surely can't. It might be best to go to the last page and work your way back. There's a better chance of finding it._ http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200#/charts/billboard-200?begin=181&order=position _ Oh wait, people are getting it for free online somehow, that must be it. :rolleyes: Even "The Essential's by TOMMY JAMES and the SHONDELL's" is outperforming BOJ and they haven't been significant since 1969 !!! Go look for yourself starting at number 1,_

http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200#/charts/billboard-200?begin=1&order=position

Archived