Egypt is about to dump Mubarak

Rock N' Rollin' Man

Two dictators down, a bunch more to go. It's unclear at this second to say if Mubarak and his family have already left Egypt, but it is clear he's toast. A summary of today's events include (from Electrical):

* 100K+ protesters in Cairo, probably another 50K in Alexandria.

* Two protesters killed in Suez, one officer in Cairo

* 11pm in Cairo and still going strong

* Protesters calling for a national day of strike tomorrow

* Mubarak's family "allegedly" fled to the UK

* People are VERY upset at lack of coverage by Arabic networks, they say Mubarak controlling the media.

* Despite being blocked, on the ground Twitter coverage is off the charts.

Screen-shot-2011-01-25-at-3.52.50-PM.jpg

http://www.arabist.net/blog/2011/1/26/an-egyptian-unknown-unknown-revealed.html

"This movement, for now, has no leadership. Some opposition personalities participated, but it was mostly organized on Facebook by the campaign in memory of Khaled Said, the young Alexandria killed by police last year. The Muslim Brotherhood did not back it. Mohamed ElBaradei did not back it. The Wafd party did not back it. It appears to be largely a movement of young people inspired by the Tunisian example and the culmination of over six years of activism and rising resentment against the regime, the 30-year reign of Hosni Mubarak and the apparent acceleration of the project to have Gamal Mubarak replace his father in the last six months. It is also, of course, a protest against an increasingly unaccountable and uncontrollable police state, which is why Police Day was chosen (Mubarak must be kicking himself for making it a public holiday last year). It may become even less accountable if reports of a violent attempt to disband the Tahrir protest are to be believed. As I write these lines, it appears police are successfully driving away people from the square. Three people have thus far been reported dead, a number wounded and countless arrested."

Oh right I was going to say how painful for them to sh*t Mubarek out (with the title you put and all that) :slapface: but after reading I see where your at now.

There will always be a "Citizen Smith" in all of us.. .............POWER TO THE PEOPLE

And it was bloody time I say!!!! Off with the heads of those cheesy pro-Western head of govts like Afghanistan, Turkey, Pakistan, Albania, Saudi Arabia.....PEOPLE HAVE THE POWER...ALWAYS :):)

History has shown "the people" ALWAYS have LESS power after a pro-Western head of state is overthrown.

History has shown "the people" ALWAYS have LESS power after a pro-Western head of state is overthrown.

Those LEGIT people protesting in the streets......and there are thousands and thousands of them and the numbers will increase!!!......don't think so. So there are people on this thread that are trying to defend the REVOLTING RIGHT-WING GOVTS of Western states...hmmm very interesting indeed!!!:)

"History has shown" not a personal opinion I would imagine.

I don't know what history has shown some people, but it has SHOWN ME THAT WWII was sparked by Fascist-Nazi = RIGHT WING govts and led to the ASSASSINATION of over 6000000 Jews (excluding the body count of millions and millions of other victims not accounted for)....ALL BY THE HAND OF STATES nd govts that today defend the anti-protesters all over the world...pls be careful when quoting HISTORY....it can be tricky:):)

I don't know what history has shown some people, but it has SHOWN ME THAT WWII was sparked by Fascist-Nazi = RIGHT WING govts and led to the ASSASSINATION of over 6000000 Jews (excluding the body count of millions and millions of other victims not accounted for)....ALL BY THE HAND OF STATES nd govts that today defend the anti-protesters all over the world...pls be careful when quoting HISTORY....it can be tricky:):)

Not me you donut, I was merely saying that SAJ post was stating "History has shown" not my opinion :)

Not me you donut, I was merely saying that SAJ post was stating "History has shown" not my opinion :)

The end of the world is neigh, Armageddon is just around the corner, if the Fundamentalists get in to power in Tunisia and then Egypt, Syria-Lebanon-Iraq-Iran-Pakistan and Afghanistan will follow, and then the world will be thrown in to a conflict of terror that will topple the western governments and we will all fall under the cloud of injustice they call Islam, you have been warned, come 21-12-2012 the battle to end one way of life and start another will begin.

Now where's the Donuts Leddy, I'm getting mighty hungry. ;)

Kind Regards, Danny

The end of the world is neigh, Armageddon is just around the corner, if the Fundamentalists get in to power in Tunisia and then Egypt, Syria-Lebanon-Iraq-Iran-Pakistan and Afghanistan will follow, and then the world will be thrown in to a conflict of terror that will topple the western governments and we will all fall under the cloud of injustice they call Islam, you have been warned, come 21-12-2012 the battle to end one way of life and start another will begin.

Kind Regards, Danny

I'll be eating them on the 22-12-2012 B)

I do agree to some extent but who are we to argue with what they do in their country ?? It is scary to think what you say, I use to think that in the 1980's and the Threat of the "Cold War", but that ok now..

But Yeh I see your "rivers of Blood " type speech.

I'll be eating them on the 22-12-2012 B)

I do agree to some extent but who are we to argue with what they do in their country ?? It is scary to think what you say, I use to think that in the 1980's and the Threat of the "Cold War", but that ok now..

But Yeh I see your "rivers of Blood " type speech.

Hi Leddy,

I said about 20 years ago, to my Ju Jitsu Captain, that the Next war would be between the Muslims and the Masons and it looks like i knew what i was talking about, everybody in earshot fell about laughing without exception, I do hope it doesn't come to that as I'm busy that week planning Christmas and my Birthday, not than the Muslims would give a camels hump about Christmas but me Birthday, now come on lads, behave. ;)

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, If you want to know anything about the future just PM me and I'll fill you in, that goes for you all my dear fiends. :D

2011126114735520876_20.jpg

(yesterday)

16450812546517085700711.jpg

http://pomed.org/blog/2011/01/egypt-ap-confirms-government-has-disrupted-internet-service.html/

The AP confirms that the Egypt government has disrupted Internet service and “deployed an elite special operations counterterrorism force” hours before a new wave anti-government protests are expected to begin. A major service provider for Egypt, Italy-based Seabone, reported early Friday that there was no Internet traffic going into or out of the country after 12:30 a.m. local time.

http://www.arabist.net/blog

Phones disrupted, SMS and Blackberry

I have received confirmation from a person in a position to know at one Egypt's mobile phone operators that the phone companies have been ordered by the authorities to shut down SMS services (which has been the case for at least an hour) and Blackberry Messenging in Cairo (and perhaps elsewhere in Egypt).

This is on top of more confirmation that internet is not available at least in the Cairo area.

There is a certain irony that I am reporting this from Tunisia, until recently the Arab country with probably the most sophisticated internet censorship in the Arab world.

Arson and agents provocateurs in Central Cairo

I have received eyewitness reports from three people that Central Security Forces (the riot control police) are pulling out of multiple locations in Cairo. Plainclothes security has been seen at various locations pouring gasoline on vehicles and setting them on fire, also trying to burn storefronts in the following Downtown Cairo locations:

Falaki Square

Omraneya

Near the American University in Cairo

Earlier in the day, I received an eyewitness report from a friend in Downtown Cairo (near Champollion Street) that policemen were loading vans with clubs, nails, metal bars and other objects that could be used as weapons by Baltaguiya, the hired thugs sometimes used by police to attack protestors.

My fellow Anonymous, the Egyptian government has taken action against it`s people which negates everything we stand for, there for we have decided to take action in the matter.... Operation Egypt/Operation Sekhmet is at hand... Let us Strike like the wind.... swift, unseen and unstoppable!

5388591362_3499c2d322_z.jpg

179039_104567082954390_100002032959775_27360_3862528_n.jpg

Those LEGIT people protesting in the streets......and there are thousands and thousands of them and the numbers will increase!!!......don't think so. So there are people on this thread that are trying to defend the REVOLTING RIGHT-WING GOVTS of Western states...hmmm very interesting indeed!!!:)

Not defending anyone, simply pointing out that history has shown what happens after a pro-Western head of state is overthrown.

All those disenfranchised mobs in the streets of Cairo are getting their fifteen minutes of fame but they will never get real power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll-bxodxjts&feature=fvst

Not defending anyone, simply pointing out that history has shown what happens after a pro-Western head of state is overthrown.

All those disenfranchised mobs in the streets of Cairo are getting their fifteen minutes of fame but they will never get real power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll-bxodxjts&feature=fvst

So someone is still defending the OBNOXIOUS RIGHT-WING govts. in their HOPELESS venture of putting down THe PEOPLE, heh?! I REALLY hope that Mubarak, the Saudi Arabian kings and sheiks and RIGHT-WING Afghan govt. get what they deserve...the PEOPLE have knocked DOWN another "Wall", it's just that most people can't relate to this and accept it....until the Wall comes tumbling down...and history repeats itself!!:):)

Oh, I quote "Won't get fooled again" when speaking out against the OBNOXIOUS right-wing defenders and states, hahahah :):)

Kind Regards, Danny

In reality, methinx Armageddon commenced when over 6000000 Jews were brutally slain under RIGHT-WING Fascist regimes:):)

I personally view this entire mess as a "people's movement". In my eyes, it isn't right for Mubarak to be so stubborn and stay in power and openly defy the wishes of the Egyptian people! The people have spoken and want that bastard out! I think he should oblige and just step down!

...and I must add that it was the RIGHT-WING states that sent up Mubarak in the first place, the ruddy morons!!! The same RIGHT-WING states supported the Afghan govt. now in power, etc. etc. Let's NOT forget who overturned the INglorious RIGHT-WING (no pun intended here, heheh :):)) Red Army during the USSR invasion of Afghanistan...it was the Mujjadins, the PEOPLE of Afghanistan themselves...and they will do it AGAIN...there are NO Stealths, no Drones, NO Cruise missiles thaT will stop the Afghan people get their land back!!:):)....Marines my ass!!! LEST WE FORGET:)

Archived