Aerosmith With Jimmy Page

bigjonlogi

Here’s a wild one. Given the latest news with Aerosmith having recording sessions without Joe Perry present, what do you think of Jimmy Page filling in? Almost like an Aero Zeppelin? Wow strange doesn’t Nirvana have a song called that? The only reason I think that is Jimmy Page (the master) and Joe Perry (the apprentice) play very similarly and have the same influences. Its been said Steven Tyler has some sessions with some of the Zep boys. The video with Steven Tyler singing whole Lotta Love sounded awesome.

Any thoughts?

Here’s a wild one. Given the latest news with Aerosmith having recording sessions without Joe Perry present, what do you think of Jimmy Page filling in? Almost like an Aero Zeppelin? Wow strange doesn’t Nirvana have a song called that? The only reason I think that is Jimmy Page (the master) and Joe Perry (the apprentice) play very similarly and have the same influences. Its been said Steven Tyler has some sessions with some of the Zep boys. The video with Steven Tyler singing whole Lotta Love sounded awesome.

Any thoughts?

Maybe Slash would be up for it. He has to do something to compensate for his appearance with the Black Eyed Peas during halftime last night. I'm sure Joe would understand.

Good one! That whole performance was a big joke. Just a spectacle and a big light show.

• 3 weeks later...

Jimmy would never do anything to screw over his friend Joe.

Hi Steve, I agree with your statement. But they did have Mr. Tyler audition/jam with them fairly recently with the Zep boys. That had to make Mr. Perry uncomfortable. Maybe they were jamming just for fun and the media made more of it than what it really was.

• 4 weeks later...

Plant and Page are the only good things about these vids. Oh and the fact that they played Whole lotta love... I think Aerosmith is a generic 80s band and I hate them. *runs from fanboy attacks*

Do not run! I found the jam with Page, Plant and Aerosmith to be brutal and frankly, boring. Aerosmith is business rock to me. Why Page and Jones would even audition Tyler is beyond me.

I think Aerosmith's 70s albums were great, especially the first three. I never saw them in concert until the 90s when they were on tour for Get A Grip. I wasn't fond of their newer material at that point but they were a very kick ass band live. Very far from anything I'd consider "boring" or "business rock".

I think Aerosmith's 70s albums were great, especially the first three. I never saw them in concert until the 90s when they were on tour for Get A Grip. I wasn't fond of their newer material at that point but they were a very kick ass band live. Very far from anything I'd consider "boring" or "business rock".

Hi Jahfin! I don't know any old Aerosmith, only the 80's and 90's stuff, which I consider abysmal. I asssume from your post that they changed their approach from their older music.

I more or less 1st heard things like Love in an Elevator, Crying, and Crazy. Those songs did not inspire me to seek out anything else from them.

Hi Jahfin! I don't know any old Aerosmith, only the 80's and 90's stuff, which I consider abysmal. I asssume from your post that they changed their approach from their older music.

I more or less 1st heard things like Love in an Elevator, Crying, and Crazy. Those songs did not inspire me to seek out anything else from them.

I suggest checking out the self-titled first album, Toys In the Attic, Get Your Wings and Rocks. Draw the Line and Night in the Ruts have their moments but their very best stuff can be found on those first three records. There's been a few flashes of brillance since then but they're few and far between. After their comeback they seemed to have lost their way musically and seemed far more interested in crafting power ballads tailored towards MTV, even bringing in outside writers at one point because they just couldn't cut it themselves anymore.

You forgot 'Get Your Wings'!

On the night I graduated from High School in 1975, me and my friends went racing to the Forum to catch ZZ Top & Aerosmith together. Unfortunately we were too late for ZZ, but Aerosmith rocked!

Yes, I did. Thanks for reminding me. It's often overlooked and shouldn't be, lots of great stuff there including "Seasons of Wither" and "Lord of the Thighs" just for starters.

I have seen this induction of Led Zeppelin from Steven Tyler and Joe Perry many times and each and every time it brings a tear to my eyes. I get the sense that Steven is sincere, however, he tries to add a bit of comedy to his speech (which is fine with me and somewhat funny). Joe Perry, on the other hand, is completely sincere and honest and very proud to be given this opportunity, even if he is a bit reserved and definately a little uneasy. Joe has said that he is very uncomfortable with public speaking.

If anyone is unfamiliar with the Aerosmith of the 1970's, I agree with jahfin and you should check out the first three Aerosmith albums. The production of the first Aerosmith album, Aerosmith, is nothing like the sound of the first Led Zeppelin album, however, in my opinion, every song is good. Get Your Wings, their second lp is even better. "Seasons of Wither" and "Lord of the Thighs" are probably the best Aerosmith songs ever (at least that is my opinion). Brilliant and Amazing songs.

On a last note, Jimmy "joining" Aerosmith would be a very interesting project, however, we all know that this would never happen. As someone already mentioned, Jimmy Page and Joe Perry have such a close and very respected friendship with each other. I believe that Joe still wants to learn some of Jimmy's secrets. Maybe one day Jimmy will teach Joe how to play "Rain Song".

I suggest checking out the self-titled first album, Toys In the Attic, Get Your Wings and Rocks. Draw the Line and Night in the Ruts have their moments but their very best stuff can be found on those first three records. There's been a few flashes of brillance since then but they're few and far between. After their comeback they seemed to have lost their way musically and seemed far more interested in crafting power ballads tailored towards MTV, even bringing in outside writers at one point because they just couldn't cut it themselves anymore.

Well put Jahfin. The way I feel about them too!

Plant and Page are the only good things about these vids. Oh and the fact that they played Whole lotta love... I think Aerosmith is a generic 80s band and I hate them. *runs from fanboy attacks*

I think you need to know your facts then - their best albums were in the 70s. (running from nothing)

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen this induction of Led Zeppelin from Steven Tyler and Joe Perry many times and each and every time it brings a tear to my eyes. I get the sense that Steven is sincere, however, he tries to add a bit of comedy to his speech (which is fine with me and somewhat funny). Joe Perry, on the other hand, is completely sincere and honest and very proud to be given this opportunity, even if he is a bit reserved and definately a little uneasy. Joe has said that he is very uncomfortable with public speaking.

If anyone is unfamiliar with the Aerosmith of the 1970's, I agree with jahfin and you should check out the first three Aerosmith albums. The production of the first Aerosmith album, Aerosmith, is nothing like the sound of the first Led Zeppelin album, however, in my opinion, every song is good. Get Your Wings, their second lp is even better. "Seasons of Wither" and "Lord of the Thighs" are probably the best Aerosmith songs ever (at least that is my opinion). Brilliant and Amazing songs.

On a last note, Jimmy "joining" Aerosmith would be a very interesting project, however, we all know that this would never happen. As someone already mentioned, Jimmy Page and Joe Perry have such a close and very respected friendship with each other. I believe that Joe still wants to learn some of Jimmy's secrets. Maybe one day Jimmy will teach Joe how to play "Rain Song".

I just read Aerosmith - Walk This Way. Really funny read. It's amazing how Aerosmith in their very early days had run ins with Led Zeppelin. Jimmy Page stole Steven Tyler’s girlfriend in like 1969. He said that is the only time he's ever cried over Led Zeppelin... "But Jimmy Page was such a motherfucker on stage that I couldn't hold it against him." What a good sport!

Archived