Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Thousands and thousands of hours of daily practice. Something Jimmy Page used to do but hasn't since about 1975, I reckon.

Posters who attended the Page/Plant concerts in 1998 always mention how well Page played at these gigs.  Wouldn't he need to practice a lot to play as well as he did?  

I love Van Halen, but I could never stand David Lee Roth, especially live.  He is a clever lyricist and good in the studio, but he cannot sing live well at all.  I much prefer Van Halen with Sammy Hagar.  That era of Van Halen witnessed Eddie spreading his musical wings.  Sammy Hagar also translates extremely well from studio to stage.  He is a professional, he's got a fun personality, and he never takes his fans for granted. 

Favorite Van Halen album: 5150

Favorite VH songs: Best of Both Worlds and Mine All Mine

Concerts: 1980 Invasion, Monsters of Rock 1988, OU812, Carnal Knowledge (3x), Right Here, Right Now (2x), Balance (3x), III, 2004 Reunion (3x), 2007, 2012, 2016

On 8/11/2016 at 11:39 PM, California Evermore said:

I love Van Halen, but I could never stand David Lee Roth, especially live.  He is a clever lyricist and good in the studio, but he cannot sing live well at all.  I much prefer Van Halen with Sammy Hagar.  That era of Van Halen witnessed Eddie spreading his musical wings.  Sammy Hagar also translates extremely well from studio to stage.  He is a professional, he's got a fun personality, and he never takes his fans for granted. 

I saw both versions & enjoyed both equally, almost 2 different bands really. I do prefer the Roth era songs a bit, as they are heavier, but there's no denying many of Sammy's era songs, can't go wrong either way.

On 10/10/2017 at 6:27 PM, The Pagemeister said:

The ONLY Van Halen that matters. Pagemeister, you've dug up another gem. Awesome! :yourock: