VAN HALEN!

Toronto Zeppelin

Wow, how on earth did I miss that. My bad...I don't want to do typical noob moves

Well, you never know around here. Some folks bitch and moan every time there's a duplicate thread. Then there's folks that don't seem to care one way or another. I knew there was a Van Halen thread already in existence so I thought you would like to know just as a courtesy. Otherwise it could have been found by using the Search feature.

Van Halen (debut) is the only thing you need.

David Lee Roth (as observed by Kat) has no penis when wearing skin tight leather pants, and is exteremly full of himself (Sorry, Ali!)

Eddie Van Halen is a prick and it's GROSSLY OVERRATED.

What the fuck?

Van Halen 1 is NOT all you need. Dance the Night Away is not on there. Hang 'Em High is not on there. I'll Wait is not on there. Everybody WAnts Some, D.O.A., Beautiful Girls, Romeo Delight, So This Is Love?.... not all their best song are on that album. That is one of the stupidest comments I have EVER heard. Sorry, mate, I know it's your birthday and all, but that's just insane.

No penis? I beg to differ... but I couldn't care less about that comment. And most rock stars are fuckin' full of themselves, it comes with the territory.

Eddie Van Halen overrated? Yeah right! Okay, he isn't Page, but he's a damn sight better than most guitarists. I can't say I care about his character much either, but he is still an amazing guitarist.

What the fuck?

Van Halen 1 is NOT all you need. Dance the Night Away is not on there. Hang 'Em High is not on there. I'll Wait is not on there. Everybody WAnts Some, D.O.A., Beautiful Girls, Romeo Delight, So This Is Love?.... not all their best song are on that album. That is one of the stupidest comments I have EVER heard. Sorry, mate, I know it's your birthday and all, but that's just insane.

No penis? I beg to differ... but I couldn't care less about that comment. And most rock stars are fuckin' full of themselves, it comes with the territory.

Eddie Van Halen overrated? Yeah right! Okay, he isn't Page, but he's a damn sight better than most guitarists. I can't say I care about his character much either, but he is still an amazing guitarist.

Well, ok. Van Halen 1 and 1984. THAT'S all you need.

Yeah, he is overrated. In my experience, 8 out of 10 people overrate EVH way too much.

Well, ok. Van Halen 1 and 1984. THAT'S all you need.

1984? Yeah, it's got a few decent cuts but it's by far their weakest DLR era record. I like everything up through Women and Children First then things start to get iffy. Enter Sammy Hagar and they turn into a power ballad heavy band in the manner of Journey.

I

II

Women and children first

Fair warning

All pretty indispensable for the DLR years.

Diver down

If you're not already a fan, this album won't make you one.

Hot for teacher

Drop dead legs

Girl gone bad

House of Pain

The rest have disppeared into MOR status for me.

After 1984

Ummm....one or to cuts from F.U.C.K.

I think EVH is too revolutionary to guitar tone, and style to ever be considered overrated.

A Prick?

Oh yeahhhhhh........ :)

• 2 weeks later...
Any fans of the band?

Seen them live on the reunion tour? (or before for that matter)

Fav album?

Fav Song?

Fav Member?

Discuss.

yes I'm a huge fan

nope would like to though

I only have Van Halen and The Best of Both Worlds.... so I guess I go with Van Halen

Panama or Hot for Teacher

Eddie even though he's an idiot trying to figure out which frontman should be in his band

**Eddie picking flower pedals off a flower** "I like Roth, I like Sammy, I like Roth, I like Gary, I like Sammy, I like Roth"......

In the spirit of the Roth-Hagar debate I'll say this..... I like Roth era songs the best... I like Sammy but I don't like the poppy stuff... when they rocked it was good but I don't like Why Can't This Be Love etc etc

Edited by achilleslaststand77

Saw them at the ACC in October, 5th row. Fun show, songs were still great, and Eddie was on fire. But give me a fucking break. I've listened to numerous bootlegs of this latest tour, and every show is the exact same, and I don't mean just the set list, I'm talking about ALL the stage banter, it hasn't changed since the tour started.

Any fans of the band?

Seen them live

Saw them rock hard and fookin loud in '89 at The Blaisdell Arena in Honolulu... ears were ringing for a week... the concert was almost beyond the pain threshold!! I've seen alot of bands but nothing that I ever thought had damaged my ears apart from this one!

Prints025.jpg

Any fans of the band?

Seen them live on the reunion tour? (or before for that matter)

Fav album?

Fav Song?

Fav Member?

Discuss.

1984 and VH

No thats something I regret not bothering to see them, but if they get there fat arses out of the US to England then I will go as Eddie is up there with the greats !!

Panama

Eddie

Edited by leddy

Hi:

Today there was a show on Much Music (Canadian) about hits from the 80's..It was a trip down memory lane..seeing all the fashions, hair styles and listening to the tunes..

In any case, they included JUMP in this line-up of tunes from the 80's...

All the guys looked great.....

Juliet

I got turned on to VH back in 81 been a big fan of them ever since. Favorite album Fair Warning. Favorite song Dirty Movies. Favorite member Eddie. I saw them twice with DLR in the 80's I saw them at least three times with Sammy and once with that other guy. Van Halen is my favorite band from the USA.