Need Help. Rare Poster?

1Tlew0

I received this poster a few weeks back from my friends mom. I tried searching this forum and browsed through google with no luck. Does anyone have info on this? Is it rare? Its quite large at 58" tall and 39" wide. I'm pretty new to the site, so if I posted in the wrong area, let me know.

Thanks,

Tim

054_zps2dd93398.jpg

I bought that same poster when I was a kid in the 70's. I grew up in a small rural town in Nebraska...and our local store had it, so I doubt it is rare or valuable. There was also a Queen one and a KISS one in that size. I still have all three of mine in a closet.

All the photos were taken during the 1973 & 1975 tours, so this poster was most likely released in the US circa 1977. It doesn't seem to have a publisher's name at the bottom, which would normally rule out being an official promo poster and suggests instead it may have been unlicensed. I've seen these posters in mint condition sell for $50 to $100.

All the photos were taken during the 1973 & 1975 tours, so this poster was most likely released in the US circa 1977. It doesn't seem to have a publisher's name at the bottom, which would normally rule out being an official promo poster and suggests instead it may have been unlicensed. I've seen these posters in mint condition sell for $50 to $100.

I bought it at Woolco in around 1977-78.. it's long gone now.

You can't really tell by the photo, but if it's the same size as my old poster, this poster is quite large.

(edit: But if I read more carefully ... I would have seen the dimensions.)

Nice I had a BOC poster that was the same size.

Yep, had the same poster myself, bought it in 78' and had it until by brother sold it in 89' with all the rest of my Zep (and other bands) collectibles. Gotta love family!

My favorits though were two black light posters I had, one said Led Zeppelin and had some super freaky crazy mystical wizard atop a mountain flying through space. The other was a take on the back of the third album in funky colors and another space type scene. I guess that tells where my head was at the time B)

had it way back when, and unfortunately it got lost in various moves I guess. Good for you to be holding on to one. cheers

My brother had one back in the 70's don't know what happened to it . was from Boulder Colorado, I think at the time bought it from import store don't remember the name .

• Administrators

I received this poster a few weeks back from my friends mom. I tried searching this forum and browsed through google with no luck. Does anyone have info on this? Is it rare? Its quite large at 58" tall and 39" wide. I'm pretty new to the site, so if I posted in the wrong area, let me know.

Thanks,

Tim

Mass produced unofficial poster, all pics from LA 73 and LA 75. Photography by James Fortune. Not really worth anything in that folded condition. I've seen one mint, unopened sell recently for about $25. He also did the famous "dove shot" poster of Robert, which came out about the same time.

I have that big poster above and I have the other that is big with nothing but 1977 photos. The one above is pics from all 3 shows in LA 1975 and the middle bottom and bottom right pics are from Los Angeles(Bonzo's Birthday Party) 1973.

I also have the big one's of Rush and Kiss.

Archived