Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

lololabrute

Winston Remasters list

47 posts in this topic

On 2/24/2016 at 7:20 PM, chef free said:

I haven't PAID for a bootleg since the '70's!

 

Winston's remasters are the real thing and they're a dime a dozen if you know where to look!

If you're a ZOMBie you will also find many newly posted Winstons. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Everybody, 

Just wanted to pop in and say all the "Winston Remasters" were posted online for free.  I can't control what happens after that. 

"Winston Remasters" was started kinda in protest of the Bootleg labels that charged a lot of money for inferior products. 

It started as a hobby and remains so, and will forever remain free.  :)

WR

Edited by ZepPhan-WR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. Thank You. A million thank you's.

I have never paid for a Winston Remaster. As a collector I stated way back that I would love to have a tangible copy to hold. I love the work.

Same goes for a Millard tape. I want one. Just not for sale (to the point of being comfortable with such a big purchase).

My shop has never found one for sale. We thought that a few copies where created and then distributed. Thus making them very expensive.   I don't like having a download and call it a bootleg. So I make my own. Somewhere I guess it became misconstrued that I was buying them or my hobby/collection was foolish.

I do buy boots of Led Zeppelin but never a Winston.....they aren't out there. I'm happy with downloading burning and making my own cases .

Ob La Di

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2016 at 9:17 AM, ZepPhan-WR said:

Hey Everybody, 

Just wanted to pop in and say all the "Winston Remasters" were posted online for free.  I can't control what happens after that. 

"Winston Remasters" was started kinda in protest of the Bootleg labels that charged a lot of money for inferior products. 

It started as a hobby and remains so, and will forever remain free.  :)

WR

Bless yer heart, Andy. You are, will likely always remain, the fucking man when it comes to fan-based remasters. Anybody else is merely a pretender to yer throne...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27 February 2016 at 0:17 AM, ZepPhan-WR said:

Hey Everybody, 

Just wanted to pop in and say all the "Winston Remasters" were posted online for free.  I can't control what happens after that. 

"Winston Remasters" was started kinda in protest of the Bootleg labels that charged a lot of money for inferior products. 

It started as a hobby and remains so, and will forever remain free.  :)

WR

Andy, 

The stuff you have done has immeasurably improved my listening experience....and hence, my life. 

Thanks for your great work buddy

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1969/1969-11-06 san francisco/steel mill blues (winston)
 1970/1970-09-04 los angeles/great love affair (winston)
 1971/1971-09-29 osaka/arigatou osaka (winston)
 1972/1972-06-22 san bernardino/excellence in san bernardino (winston)
 1973/1973-01-15 stoke/vodoo in the gardens (winston)
 1973/1973-01-22 southampton/southampton university (winston)
 1973/1973-03-16 vienna/danke vienna (winston)
 1973/1973-03-17 munich/live in moon chin (winston)
 1973/1973-03-19 berlin/happy times (winston)
 1973/1973-03-21 hamburg/legendary night in hamburg (winston)
 1973/1973-03-22 essen/youve been very nice (winston)
 1973/1973-05-14 new orleans/new orleans (winston)
 1973/1973-05-19 fort worth/mr soundman (winston)
 1973/1973-06-03 los angeles/wipe with a rolling stone (winston)
 1973/1973-07-15 buffalo/slowing down in buffalo (winston)
 1973/1973-07-17 seattle/seattle matrix (winston)
 1973/1973-07-21 providence/providence (winston)
 1975/1975-03-11 long beach/long beach (winston)
 1975/1975-03-12 long beach/mike the mike (winston)
 1975/1975-03-24 los angeles/mike the mike (winston)
 1975/1975-03-25 los angeles/mike the mike (winston)
 1975/1975-03-27 los angeles/mike the mike (winston)
 1977/1977-04-25 louisville/louisville slugger remastered (winston)
 1977/1977-04-27 cleveland/doctor who (winston)
 1977/1977-06-21 los angeles/mike the mike (winston)
 1977/1977-06-23 los angeles/mike the mike (winston)
 1977/1977-06-25 los angeles/mike the mike (winston)
 1977/1977-06-27 los angeles/mike the mike (winston)
 1979/1979-08-04 knebworth/thanks for eleven years (winston)
 1980/1980-06-17 dortmund/dortmund live omega (winston)
 1980/1980-06-18 cologne/cologne live omega (winston)
 1980/1980-06-20 brussels/brussels live omega (winston)
 1980/1980-06-23 bremen/bremen live omega (winston)
 1980/1980-06-24 hannover/hannover live omega (winston)
 1980/1980-07-07 berlin/berlin live omega (winston)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, zeptrade said:

1969/1969-11-06 san francisco/steel mill blues (winston)
 1970/1970-09-04 los angeles/great love affair (winston)
 1971/1971-09-29 osaka/arigatou osaka (winston)
 1972/1972-06-22 san bernardino/excellence in san bernardino (winston)
 1973/1973-01-15 stoke/vodoo in the gardens (winston)
 1973/1973-01-22 southampton/southampton university (winston)
 1973/1973-03-16 vienna/danke vienna (winston)
 1973/1973-03-17 munich/live in moon chin (winston)
 1973/1973-03-19 berlin/happy times (winston)
 1973/1973-03-21 hamburg/legendary night in hamburg (winston)
 1973/1973-03-22 essen/youve been very nice (winston)
 1973/1973-05-14 new orleans/new orleans (winston)
 1973/1973-05-19 fort worth/mr soundman (winston)
 1973/1973-06-03 los angeles/wipe with a rolling stone (winston)
 1973/1973-07-15 buffalo/slowing down in buffalo (winston)
 1973/1973-07-17 seattle/seattle matrix (winston)
 1973/1973-07-21 providence/providence (winston)
 1975/1975-03-11 long beach/long beach (winston)
 1975/1975-03-12 long beach/mike the mike (winston)
 1975/1975-03-24 los angeles/mike the mike (winston)
 1975/1975-03-25 los angeles/mike the mike (winston)
 1975/1975-03-27 los angeles/mike the mike (winston)
 1977/1977-04-25 louisville/louisville slugger remastered (winston)
 1977/1977-04-27 cleveland/doctor who (winston)
 1977/1977-06-21 los angeles/mike the mike (winston)
 1977/1977-06-23 los angeles/mike the mike (winston)
 1977/1977-06-25 los angeles/mike the mike (winston)
 1977/1977-06-27 los angeles/mike the mike (winston)
 1979/1979-08-04 knebworth/thanks for eleven years (winston)
 1980/1980-06-17 dortmund/dortmund live omega (winston)
 1980/1980-06-18 cologne/cologne live omega (winston)
 1980/1980-06-20 brussels/brussels live omega (winston)
 1980/1980-06-23 bremen/bremen live omega (winston)
 1980/1980-06-24 hannover/hannover live omega (winston)
 1980/1980-07-07 berlin/berlin live omega (winston)
 

Zeptrade of TTD fame? Thanks for all your work over there. :thumbsup::thanku:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Zeptrade of TTD fame? Thanks for all your work over there. :thumbsup::thanku:

Yeah. If anyone needs any of them PM me with your email address.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say it again, I love this site!! When I saw the post from Mr. Winston I was almost starstruck. I was a little skeptical for a minute too. Now this ! 

A million thanks to both of you guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to mention the Osaka 929 is my definitive version. There are so many sources/ tapes  used in the previous versions it made for many sound fluctuations. Now I can sit down and not have to get up and adjust volume and eq. Awesome tape.

I could go on and on.

Edited by Jimmywalnutz
to add the word tape to post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, zeptrade said:

Yeah. If anyone needs any of them PM me with your email address.

have pm'd you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Andy, can't begin to thank you for all the great releases you have created - I love the '77 ones the most and play them almost exclusively when listening to the 1977 tour. Really appreciate the series of Live Omega you're doing for the 1980 tour, just #11 left - Mannheim, July 2nd. Being an obsessive compulsive when it comes to Zeppelin releases, any word on when July 2nd will be done and dusted? Many thanks, Dave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its funny to log on and see the topic or sub topic that you intend to comment on.

I am working on a in depth analysis of Zeps 1973 boots. Basically seeking out definitive sources for purchase as well as online rips. In addition giving props to what I feel are some great but seemingly under rated or forgotten shows on defunct Labels. I intend to post my articles in the coinciding months of 2017. I have done a lot of work already.

I was reading the Collector Review Site and for 7/29/73 I came across a review of The MSG Working Tapes. The reviewer , rightfully lambasted it. He did mention a Winston tape that I have not heard of. Its NOT the "Something Completely Different " from 7/27  but a compilation including bits of the official SRS release among many other sources.

Has anyone else heard of it? I do not doubt its existence but I have not been able to find it. If anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction I would GREATLY appreciate it.

4 hours ago, Jukkin said:

 Really appreciate the series of Live Omega you're doing for the 1980 tour, just #11 left - Mannheim, July 2nd. Being an obsessive compulsive when it comes to Zeppelin releases, any word on when July 2nd will be done and dusted? Many thanks, Dave.

I love the Omega Series. The tapes are probably the last word on the '80 tour. I did see word of an upcoming release by No Label, Zurich 1980. No Label can be scummy insomuch as selling "as is" what is already free without any work toward improvement of the tape. However, the inclusion of the songs from the radio broadcast is intriguing.

And for me, too much Zurich or Frankfurt '80 is never enough. With parts of Rotterdam 6/21 they are the last of Zep's magickal performances along with the WLL from the Berlin show.

It's funny to read some of my older posts on this thread and just how much I didnt know before I started reading this site. THANK YOU ALL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2016 at 10:17 AM, Jimmywalnutz said:

I was reading the Collector Review Site and for 7/29/73 I came across a review of The MSG Working Tapes. The reviewer , rightfully lambasted it. He did mention a Winston tape that I have not heard of. Its NOT the "Something Completely Different " from 7/27  but a compilation including bits of the official SRS release among many other sources.

Has anyone else heard of it? I do not doubt its existence but I have not been able to find it. If anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction I would GREATLY appreciate it.

.

Any help, as always is greatly appreciated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On February 27, 2016 at 0:41 PM, Jimmywalnutz said:

Wow. Thank You. A million thank you's.

I have never paid for a Winston Remaster. As a collector I stated way back that I would love to have a tangible copy to hold. I love the work.

Same goes for a Millard tape. I want one. Just not for sale (to the point of being comfortable with such a big purchase).

My shop has never found one for sale. We thought that a few copies where created and then distributed. Thus making them very expensive.   I don't like having a download and call it a bootleg. So I make my own. Somewhere I guess it became misconstrued that I was buying them or my hobby/collection was foolish.

I do buy boots of Led Zeppelin but never a Winston.....they aren't out there. I'm happy with downloading burning and making my own cases .

Ob La Di

I hear you. A label named "moonchild" has  been releasing Winston remasters on silver pressed discs out of Japan. I suppose for those who can't manage to figure out how to download and burn their own discs and make inserts then these releases are worth paying $30 or more. Seems silly to me. If a label does good mastering and editing of a tape and nice quality artwork then I can see shelling out $$, but not for a release that's readily available for free on the interwebs. I actually worked on several fan based projects with acapulcogold that ended up getting downloaded and used by Wendy, Godfather etal, ...they even used some of our titles. That annoyed me. 

Edited by porgie66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more thing....Winston, if you're Andy, who was aka Cliff111 on - back in the day , then hello mate from Chicago! :D if you're not, then hello anyway, and many thanks for happy hours of listening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No ,I'm Jim always been.

Fanbased projects can be absolutely great. I have so many obscure fan tapes that sound great. And are considered "Definitive" in my collection.Particularly  some from 69-72.

IMHO Winston and Liquid Led are in a league of their own. I have all of them ( I think ?). Downloaded with Art. Worth a million bucks to me. But they should always be free and appreciated  To sell their product is scummy.

Godfather is one of my favorite Labels . I am collecting the entire run. Some of their titles cannot be called " Definitive". But so many can.

I just added " A Celebration For..." .

I have been doing a fair amount of buying of late. Some of the purchases are for my buddy's shop.

if I think he can make money on something I come across on Discog I buy it.

For my personal collection I bought among others Cashmere's Remains of the Holy.

The seller was Porgie66. You ? If so thank you.

The Godfather set " A Celebration..." was particularly sweet. I thought it would be the hardest one to find in NM MINT.

Shameless request:

I need both Berkeley shows to complete my run. If anyone has them for sale I will pay a premium.

I would also like to upgrade my Welcome Home boxed set. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No ,I'm Jim always been.

Fanbased projects can be absolutely great. I have so many obscure fan tapes that sound great. And are considered "Definitive" in my collection.Particularly  some from 69-72.

IMHO Winston and Liquid Led are in a league of their own. I have all of them ( I think ?). Downloaded with Art. Worth a million bucks to me. But they should always be free and appreciated  To sell their product is scummy.

Godfather is one of my favorite Labels . I am collecting the entire run. Some of their titles cannot be called " Definitive". But so many can.

I just added " A Celebration For..." .

I have been doing a fair amount of buying of late. Some of the purchases are for my buddy's shop.

if I think he can make money on something I come across on Discog I buy it.

For my personal collection I bought among others Cashmere's Remains of the Holy.

The seller was Porgie66. You ? If so thank you.

The Godfather set " A Celebration..." was particularly sweet. I thought it would be the hardest one to find in NM MINT.

Shameless request:

I need both Berkeley shows to complete my run. If anyone has them for sale I will pay a premium.

I would also like to upgrade my Welcome Home boxed set. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PM sent, got Berkeley shows I think too but it may be just one of them. Got also September 14th on 2LP set released by same folks who ran Godfather. Yellow vinyl, limited numbered edition LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nt

On 27.2.2017 at 1:32 PM, zepster1979 said:

PM sent, got Berkeley shows I think too but it may be just one of them. Got also September 14th on 2LP set released by same folks who ran Godfather. Yellow vinyl, limited numbered edition LOL

Hi zepster1979!

I have received my copy of Berkely 2nd Daze last week & noticed a strange thing: My man in the USA sold me the 2LP set as a new (jan.2017) Eat a peach release, for lower shipping cost it was send directly from the producers, Trieste Italy. So far so good, but Eat a Peach is not mentioned anywhere on the cover, instead it is stated as a 2015 Casino Records Entertainment release, distributed by The Family Affair Company from LA USA.

What do you think about that?

Anyway, it is my first vinyl of this great show & I lke the sound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/02/2016 at 4:17 PM, ZepPhan-WR said:

Hey Everybody, 

Just wanted to pop in and say all the "Winston Remasters" were posted online for free.  I can't control what happens after that. 

"Winston Remasters" was started kinda in protest of the Bootleg labels that charged a lot of money for inferior products. 

It started as a hobby and remains so, and will forever remain free.  :)

WR

You're a beautiful person :) Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now