2016 NFL Thread

Walter

6 hours ago, Walter said:

Lets go Cowboys defense!

:cheer: 

I would take Atlanta over Dallas in a heartbeat in the playoffs.  And Seattle, and this week vs the Lions will be hell.

Two weeks left and I survived a miracle in Baltimore yesterday.  Houston was also a miracle so it mattered not which I picked.  I took the Ravens.  Next week I am leaning Tennessee on the road over Jacksonville even though everyone and his mother will be picking San Diego over Cleveland.  I do not like it. 3000 miles into the freezing cold of Cleveland on Xmas Eve!!!!  That is punishment enough. Bad enough Houston and Cincy have a game on Xmas Eve night.  I do not think the league should do that.  Nor the Xmas day games.

Then take them, Rick.  Keep underestimating Dallas.  

Against Buffalo, in the playoffs, I'd take.....umm.....err.......oh yeah that's right they won't even make the playoffs and haven't this entire century.   

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Against Buffalo, in the playoffs, I'd take.....umm.....err.......oh yeah that's right they won't even make the playoffs and haven't this entire century.   

Looks like the Giants and the Boys are on a collision course for a 3rd game ...I missed yesterday's Giants game ( on a road trip to San Antonio), but was shocked they held the Lions to 6 points. This defense is really starting to gell and what a perfect time...now if only Eli and his wide outs could to start getting their shit together . Not easy to do with the piss poor O line in front of them.

If ( when ) the Giants take the boys out of post season contention,  I plan on planting a Giants flag in front of Jerry's new complex in Frisco ( I live like 3 miles north of it)...I'll take a pic if I do ?

Let's go Big Blue!!!

6 hours ago, Walter said:

Oh don't you worry, I will take Atlanta if that day comes.  And the Bills are not cooked yet.  How about Jacksonville firing that poor bastard coach on the plane? And you have to like Rex Ryan's sense of humor.  He says " I am a Patriots fan for the rest of the season".  As we would need them to beat Denver, done, and Miami last week I think?  I am sure Baltimore probably needs to lose at Pittsburgh, very possible.  Flacco stopped my heart a couple times.  He turned  a sure win into that stinking two point conversion I knew was coming because if them doing it earlier in the game. I am tickled pink that Sugg knocked the ball away.  If I took Houston I would not have been able to take it either.  I do not trust that team one bit.  So I have two weeks to go to get my share of Eliminatory as long as I dont fuck it up.  And I have my $500 free play in my account.   I can bet it any way I want to and any of the winnings are mine.  I do  not like anything today.  I did bet a 3 teamer, New England, Atlanta and Washington and bought the REdskins down to -3.  So they must win by more than 3 for me to cash.  Yes its like betting teasers.  You can buy points on these gambling sites.  Sure you get less money back but its worth it many times.  Its better than losing.  

I am not sold yet on Mr Prescott either.  Winston is likely better.  I know Russel Wilson is better.  Have a blast while it lasts.  

To me the biggest disappointment of the year is Cincinnati.  The talent they have and the way they have tanked is enough to fire Marv Lewis.  He has had his chance.  The Bills are still alive.  Cincy is officially toast and so too are the Chargers.  I am scared to take those So Cal boys flying 3000 miles on Xmas Eve to play in the cold in Cleveland.  I think I trust Tennessee at Jacksonville more.  I mean, Santa's sleigh may be  landing before the Chargers.  Talk about ruining a teams Christmas.   They played the Raiders tough.  So a repeat of that beats Cleveland on any day.  But will they do that and will they handle the cold? 

If the Bills fire Rex Ryan I wonder if Tom Coughlin would come here?  He has strong ties to the area.  He coached at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) and knows the Bills fans are like Browns fans, devoted.  But I do not know if he still wants to coach or if the Pegula's even know him?

Some crazy finishes and huge surprises.  Indy over the Vikings was a total shocker.  I say that Minnesota will bounce back and put up a fight in Green Bay.  Not saying they win it, but will not be as bad as yesterday.  If the Lions do play Green Bay for the division i will take the Lions and Matt STafford.  I am looking for Golden Tate to roll up some numbers in Dallas.  Winston almost beat them.  Detroit can

PS  A QUICK POLL QUESTION 

Safest pick next week????

Tampa over New Orleans

San Diego over Cleveland

Tennessee over Jacksonville

Rams over 49ers 

KC vs Denver  (no way)

Houston over Cincy?  No

36 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

I'd take San Diego 

And I figure at least 85% of those alive will also.  I personally like Tennessee because they are alive, won a huge game in a very tough place to win (KC) and I question San Diego's motivation?  Yesterday they were playing a rival.  But I agree that if they come to play, they win.  Now what am I going to do with this $500 free play?  LOL.  Kid in a candy store here.  Gee, maybe I will put in all on the Lions.  They only lost because of that fumble on the Giants 1 yard line.  I hope they kick the shit out of Dak and Dallas.  I am telling you that they could go farther with Romo than with DAk.  

So when do the Falcons and Matt Ryan start to get some damn respect?  And Matt Stafford?  Maybe next week if  they can beat Dallas.  If Tampa can almost beat them, the Lions can.

Well, I cannot find the playoff scenarios yet.  They tell me my Bills are still in it doing the math.  I know we have to win out and likely need New England to beat Miami week 17.  But more than that.  I think Denver must lose and maybe Baltimore.  And both of those can happen.  I am sure its far more complicated.  The real question is, will Ryan get fired.  Rex Ryan?  Would you fire him?  A local writer says given the talent they would not.  Sure they have McCoy, probably the best back in football.  They now have Watkins back but he has not been healthy all year.  The D has to be improved first.  The secondary. Get rid of Gilmore.

Dak Prescott is a rookie and a better one than either Wilson  or Winston were.  Winston better than Prescott?  You can have your opinion, I'll take the facts 32-36 279 yards 0 ints.  Winston - 17-35 247 yards and 3 ints.  Plus a stupid personal foul for head butting.  Great leader.  

Bills aren't cooked yet?  Mathematically, you're correct.  Reality, not so much....  Wait til next year, Rick.  That's when they'll unseat the Patriots! :rolleyes: 

3 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Looks like the Giants and the Boys are on a collision course for a 3rd game ...I missed yesterday's Giants game ( on a road trip to San Antonio), but was shocked they held the Lions to 6 points. This defense is really starting to gell and what a perfect time...now if only Eli and his wide outs could to start getting their shit together . Not easy to do with the piss poor O line in front of them.

If ( when ) the Giants take the boys out of post season contention,  I plan on planting a Giants flag in front of Jerry's new complex in Frisco ( I live like 3 miles north of it)...I'll take a pic if I do ?

Let's go Big Blue!!!

Yeah you should be sitting there very comfortably being 2-0 vs Dallas - by 4 points. ;) 

The Giants looked the same way they did against Dallas, not much going on other than doing enough to get the win.  They gave up yards to Detroit, but not points.  Stafford didn't look the same with that injured finger.  ODB was he usual impressive self.  I saw Jenkins got banged up a bit, could be an issue on the short week.  But they're playing Philly.  Washington might be a real dogfight if the skins need it to make the playoffs.  Probably will be flexed to Sunday night.

If we do play a 3rd time, I'd be fine with it.  

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

PS  A QUICK POLL QUESTION 

Safest pick next week????

Tampa over New Orleans

San Diego over Cleveland

Tennessee over Jacksonville

Rams over 49ers 

KC vs Denver  (no way)

Houston over Cincy?  No

There are no safe bets in today's NFL. But if I was putting my money down on any game it would be Tennessee over Jacksonville. San Diego over Cleveland is tempting but I have seen the Chargers lay an egg against bad teams too many times to trust them.

I am worried about Oakland's playoff prospects. Our defense is shakey and Derek Carr does not look right after his injury. His throwing hand is obviously bothering him and he is struggling.

3 hours ago, Strider said:

There are no safe bets in today's NFL. But if I was putting my money down on any game it would be Tennessee over Jacksonville. San Diego over Cleveland is tempting but I have seen the Chargers lay an egg against bad teams too many times to trust them.

I am worried about Oakland's playoff prospects. Our defense is shakey and Derek Carr does not look right after his injury. His throwing hand is obviously bothering him and he is struggling.

I was for Tennessee as well until I just heard about Doug Marrone taking over the last two weeks.   The prick that walked on us after doing a very good job as head coach.  I do not know if it was about money or what?  Or location?  But he is a good coach even though I hope he loses 65-0.  No gimme's.  Tampa in my opinion can and should beat the Saints.  But I likely wont take that.  I am not betting any of my 500 today.  Need Washington -3 to cash a 3 teamer as I had Atlanta and New England minus the points.  For the Bills to stay alive this week I just heard we not only must win, a given, but we need one of two things to happen.  Either Jaxonviille over Tennessee or Cincy over Houston.  If Cincy comes to play that might be possible.  I do not like our chances

4 hours ago, redrum said:

Rams over 49ers 

They beat the Rams first game of the season. I'm sure L.A. is out for blood. They should get it too as the Niners are more like lambs.

I actually want the 49ers to win. I hate the Lambs and I hate that they moved back to Los Angeles, screwing with the tv football schedule. Go 49ers.

8 hours ago, Strider said:

I actually want the 49ers to win. I hate the Lambs and I hate that they moved back to Los Angeles, screwing with the tv football schedule. Go 49ers.

I want them to beat the Rams too, but sadly..........

12 hours ago, Strider said:

Well the Rams will kick their ass!!!!  And get used to it.  You not only have the Rams but either San Diego or your Raiders might come there.  Its far more likely the Chargers from what I hear. The Raiders may be building a stadium.  Their one dimensional offense is not going anywhere in the playoffs but at least you will get your quick thrill.  As for Dallas and Prescott, he will crash and burn, I am sure of it.  I would take the Falcons over them and I am anxious to see the Lions go in there. What killed the Lions in NY was that fumble as they were going into the end zone.  Golden Tate had just burned them and if they score that TD rather than fumble I assure  you it would have been a far different outcome.  I say the Lions are every bit as good as both the Giants and Dallas.  Atlanta is better on offense than any of them.  Still there is no clear favorite to win the Super Bowl and many different things could happen.  I am expecting Minnesota to show up in Green Bay.  I have to think that game vs Indy was a fluke.  The Vikings are better than that.  At least we will see.  No overconfidence will be setting in this week.  If the Bills beat Miami it will likely doom the Dolphins hopes at the very least.  But I am not sure.  I think only the division winner is likely to come out of that crazy division with Houston on top for now.  They suck.  Indy got beat by their D which is pretty decent.  The biggest question in Buffalo now is if they win the last two will it be enough to save Ryan's job?  likely no.  Not unless a miracle happens and they get in.  For that to happen I am told either  Tenn or Houston need to lose?  I dont see Tennessee losing to Jax.  But with Marrone?  Who knows.  He will try to win those two games and make a case for himself getting the job.  And I fear Cincy may have quit after that meltdown vs Pittsburgh.  If so, Marv Lewis should be fired.

Considering Prescott has the luxury of having the best offensive line and running back in the league, I highly doubt he's going to fall apart at this point.   He's rarely pressured, and except for an occasional deep pass to Owens, they're using a very controlled passing game.  A dink-a-dink passing game is all you need when it's constantly 2nd and 3.  The rest of the NFC isn't exactly deep this year.  Washington and Detroit both have red-zone problems that will show up if they make the playoffs.  Seattle is a veteran team that knows how to pace themselves, and Aaron Rodgers appears to have taken off the dress he was wearing earlier in the year.  Being the top-seed will allow the Cowboys to avoid playing outdoors in Green Bay or New York.  Anything can happen, but it looks like Seattle playing in Dallas for the NFC Championship.  The AFC would be pretty wide open if someone could knock off New England in the playoffs, but Gisele serving Tom a bad meal is probably better odds for a loss than any of those other teams.

1 minute ago, Walter said:

Owens?  It's 2016.

All this Dak bashing.  The line was there last year, with a 1,000+ rusher.  Result....  

Lol....sorry.  You know who I meant.  Not bashing Prescott at all, but he does have tools available that have enhanced his success.  There's 3 pro-bowlers from their OL for a reason.

14 hours ago, Walter said:

Yep and they're all 25 or younger. 

I know, I was just bustin your balls about Owens.  

Hope you're having a green Christmas, Bong-Man! :D 

White Widow & Gorilla Glue are this year's mistletoe.  :)     A Merry Christmas to your entire family Walter.  So now that the Cowboys have clinched, does a desperate Lion team have a chance on Monday night ?  Considering they get a week off, I think they'd be silly to approach this game or next any different. 

2 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

White Widow & Gorilla Glue are this year's mistletoe.  :)     A Merry Christmas to your entire family Walter.  So now that the Cowboys have clinched, does a desperate Lion team have a chance on Monday night ?  Considering they get a week off, I think they'd be silly to approach this game or next any different. 

Very nice! :)  A very Merry Christmas to you and your family as well. 

I agree, they need to keep the pedal to the metal so to speak.  We've all seen it too many times when a team rests too many too often and lose the competitive edge that got them there in the first place.  The Lions always have a chance.  I've already said Stafford has done a lot with the offense and injuries handed to him this season.  

Archived