2016 NFL Thread

Walter

45 minutes ago, the chase said:

Sorry not uploading 23-3 though

23-20.  Bastard refs ruin the game.  I mean, NE does not need help. These holding calls on running plays are very questionable and you can call holding on every play. I am sick of the refs in football. Not just in this game.  In all games.  

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

23-20.  Bastard refs ruin the game.  I mean, NE does not need help. These holding calls on running plays are very questionable and you can call holding on every play. I am sick of the refs in football. Not just in this game.  In all games.  

30-23 final.. 11-2 ... they call too much on both sides and should just let them play, if you're saying the nfl gives any favoritism towards the Patriots , i don't buy it at all.. 

9 hours ago, the chase said:

30-23 final.. 11-2 ... they call too much on both sides and should just let them play, if you're saying the nfl gives any favoritism towards the Patriots , i don't buy it at all.. 

Good win by your (and jb126's) Patriots, chase. I think they will get the #1 seed for the playoffs. I see Kansas City and the Raiders losing another game or two down the stretch.

I wish you would join our football pool contest, chase! Maybe next year, eh?

10 hours ago, the chase said:

Give me a break.  They get all the calls.  A holding on a running play?  That is bullshit.  They did not show it because they could not find it.  Its typical help Brady and Belecheck  But even with all their recent success the Super Bowl they won was handed to them by Pete Carrol.  I think KC is the team to beat in the AFC. Losing their big tight end will come back to bite them later

Well I am 14 for 14 with 3 weeks to go on my Eliminatory.  This week I have two choices that make sense.    Houston over Jacksonville and Baltimore over Philly.  I feel they are both winners but must look ahead.  I think this is the only time when Houston is a safe play.  Baltimore can be used later.  So I am leaning Houston?  Anyone dispute this?

59 minutes ago, Strider said:

Good win by your (and jb126's) Patriots, chase. I think they will get the #1 seed for the playoffs. I see Kansas City and the Raiders losing another game or two down the stretch.

I wish you would join our football pool contest, chase! Maybe next year, eh?

Sure! Thanks Strider. I almost joined it this year. 

I'll get slaughtered,  but what the hell... 

46 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Give me a break.  They get all the calls.  A holding on a running play?  That is bullshit.  They did not show it because they could not find it.  Its typical help Brady and Belecheck  But even with all their recent success the Super Bowl they won was handed to them by Pete Carrol.  I think KC is the team to beat in the AFC. Losing their big tight end will come back to bite them later

Are you Following Deflategate 2 Rick...? 

Same air pressure, same weather conditions temperature wise, but there were torrential downpours at The Patriots Colts game that always get overlooked. 

For one team,  it's over in 45 minutes. A non issue.. We know what happened to the other team... you know, the team that gets all the breaks.. 

i agree the refs call way too many ticky tack bullshit calls that slow down the game and all that. Not as bad as the nba but pretty damn close.  

1 hour ago, the chase said:

Are you Following Deflategate 2 Rick...? 

Same air pressure, same weather conditions temperature wise, but there were torrential downpours at The Patriots Colts game that always get overlooked. 

For one team,  it's over in 45 minutes. A non issue.. We know what happened to the other team... you know, the team that gets all the breaks.. 

i agree the refs call way too many ticky tack bullshit calls that slow down the game and all that. Not as bad as the nba but pretty damn close.  

The NFL has the worst officiating I have ever seen.  I think these overpaid assholes want to be on TV.  Its their way to get their ugly mugs on the screen.  Sometimes I really do believe that.  I mean, back in the 70s when you had some pretty good football, you did not see so many stupid constant calls.  Fran Tarkenton if he played today would have holding calls on every one of his famous scrambles.  Remember Tarkenton?  And its also stupid that they got rid of the kick return, or lets say any serious kick return.  And they get rid of the force out rule.  Its crazy.  

Moving on put me on record that I am cheering for the Lions all the way.  As for Fisher, I am happy the Rams did what they did.  They are my second favorite team and they just made a move that ensures they will move forward.  They will lose in Seattle most likely even though for reasons unknown they have been a jinx team for Seattle.  Seattle needs it too much.  But I expect the Rams to show up. 

Not sure about the Bills.  Ryan is looking down a shotgun barrel.  He knows he is likely toast.  Could a 3 game close out winning streak vs lower seeded teams save him?  Believe it or not there is still a path for the Bills to get in because of Denver's misfortunate schedule.  And Cincy and Tennesee have brutal remaining schedules.  The Bills and Miami have the more favorable ones, but Miami has New England.  If Ryan loses to Cleveland that means the players have totally shut him out.  Cleveland is bad.  The Bills are not even close to Clevveland bad.  So I am a bit surprised i guess that Pegula did not pull the trigger yesterday but that is not really his style  Him and his wife Kim, who has as much say as he does, likely are giving Ryan a life preserver and one last gasp effort? Maybe.  I believe its more likely Ryan's fate is already sealed no matter what happens.  A 3 game winning streak vs Cleveland, Miami and the Jets is no big deal.  Especially since Miami will likley be without Tanehill.  If they win out its possible they could sneak in given the schedules of the teams they must beat out.  San Diego has it worst in my opinion.  I say they are officially toast.  

I have to decide whether to take Houston or Baltmore?  This is the only time I would consider Houston as they have Tennessee coming up.  I think they will move Heaven and Earth to beat Jacksonville to hang on to first place.  I also think the Ravens will pound the Eagles?

Paul, the Miami at Buffalo game could end up being for the last playoff spot when you consider Denver and Cincy's remaining schedule?  But Baltimore likely has to lose two of three.  They must go to Pittsburgh and I forget the last game but its not easy I do not believe.  Ryan is likely gone and Tyrod is not talking to the media or his Mama.  

^^ You know I'm not a gambler--but as I said before--anybody against the Jags would probably be a sure bet.

Miami has quite the difficult climb, what with Tannehill out & the offense--more than likely--getting scaled down to accommodate Matt Moore as the backup. The Tannehill injury may be the thing that saves Denver or Baltimore's season.... 

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ You know I'm not a gambler--but as I said before--anybody against the Jags would probably be a sure bet.

Miami has quite the difficult climb, what with Tannehill out & the offense--more than likely--getting scaled down to accommodate Matt Moore as the backup. The Tannehill injury may be the thing that saves Denver or Baltimore's season.... 

I can see Denver losing two.   Baltimore will beat Philly, IMO>  Then they go to Pittsburgh.  So if they lose that one, it would depend on the last week. If they lose it opens the door for the winner of Buffalo and Miami to get in.  Its at Cincy  No lock.  And I see Cincy losing at Houston and maybe their other game.  So the barn door may be open for the Fish or Bills.  But we both have major problems.  Your teams QB.  Our QB and coach.  Already both been told to pack their suitcases.  Sully from the Buffalo News, said Tyrod sat on the bench after the game for 15 minutes just staring into space and looking "like a kid on X,mas morning that was told Santa Claus does not exist".   Rex Ryan looks like " a dead man walking"  So that is the mood in Buffalo.  Terry and Kim Pegula both of whom I have tremendous respect for as they saved both the Bills and Sabres franchises.  Pegula made millions in oil.  He is a grad of Penn st.  Kim is from my home town of Fairport, NY.  

Paul, Strider, if you read this, who would you take?  Houston over Jcksonville or Baltimore over Philly?

5 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The NFL has the worst officiating I have ever seen.  I think these overpaid assholes want to be on TV.  Its their way to get their ugly mugs on the screen.  Sometimes I really do believe that.  I mean, back in the 70s when you had some pretty good football, you did not see so many stupid constant calls.  Fran Tarkenton if he played today would have holding calls on every one of his famous scrambles.  Remember Tarkenton?  And its also stupid that they got rid of the kick return, or lets say any serious kick return.  And they get rid of the force out rule.  Its crazy.  

Moving on put me on record that I am cheering for the Lions all the way.  As for Fisher, I am happy the Rams did what they did.  They are my second favorite team and they just made a move that ensures they will move forward.  They will lose in Seattle most likely even though for reasons unknown they have been a jinx team for Seattle.  Seattle needs it too much.  But I expect the Rams to show up. 

Not sure about the Bills.  Ryan is looking down a shotgun barrel.  He knows he is likely toast.  Could a 3 game close out winning streak vs lower seeded teams save him?  Believe it or not there is still a path for the Bills to get in because of Denver's misfortunate schedule.  And Cincy and Tennesee have brutal remaining schedules.  The Bills and Miami have the more favorable ones, but Miami has New England.  If Ryan loses to Cleveland that means the players have totally shut him out.  Cleveland is bad.  The Bills are not even close to Clevveland bad.  So I am a bit surprised i guess that Pegula did not pull the trigger yesterday but that is not really his style  Him and his wife Kim, who has as much say as he does, likely are giving Ryan a life preserver and one last gasp effort? Maybe.  I believe its more likely Ryan's fate is already sealed no matter what happens.  A 3 game winning streak vs Cleveland, Miami and the Jets is no big deal.  Especially since Miami will likley be without Tanehill.  If they win out its possible they could sneak in given the schedules of the teams they must beat out.  San Diego has it worst in my opinion.  I say they are officially toast.  

I have to decide whether to take Houston or Baltmore?  This is the only time I would consider Houston as they have Tennessee coming up.  I think they will move Heaven and Earth to beat Jacksonville to hang on to first place.  I also think the Ravens will pound the Eagles?

Paul, the Miami at Buffalo game could end up being for the last playoff spot when you consider Denver and Cincy's remaining schedule?  But Baltimore likely has to lose two of three.  They must go to Pittsburgh and I forget the last game but its not easy I do not believe.  Ryan is likely gone and Tyrod is not talking to the media or his Mama.  

They definitely love their camera time.. i agree with you on that!  This morning, one of the local sports stations timed one of the refs explanations of a penalty call from last night ... 27 seconds.. they put themselves way too much into the game.. it was against NE btw.

Glad to see the followers of your Sport cursing the refereeing standard. Its at a all-time low in English football. And in both codes of Rugby, they still get it wrong when they go to the screen for a decision. Believe it or not they always get it wrong for my teams in each of the Sports.

42 minutes ago, the chase said:

They definitely love their camera time.. i agree with you on that!  This morning, one of the local sports stations timed one of the refs explanations of a penalty call from last night ... 27 seconds.. they put themselves way too much into the game.. it was against NE btw.

And the refs are blowing calls that you or I can make at home easily and forcing coaches to use their flags?  When is this insanity going to stop?  In the 70s and 80s they did not make nearly as many mistakes.  That miserable old shit that worked last nights game I have seen a million times and I still do not know his name  So wha does that say to their cry for fame?

Anyone out there have a strong opinion on which is a better pick?  Houston over Jax or Baltimore over the Eagles?  I like both

16 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Anyone out there have a strong opinion on which is a better pick?  Houston over Jax or Baltimore over the Eagles?  I like both

None of those teams are trustworthy. Houston? Are you kidding me? With Brock Osweiler as quarterback, they could easily lay a stinker in Jacksonville. The same with Baltimore in Philadelphia. I would be sweating on both games. But, going by the law of averages, I guess Houston over Jax is the safer bet. Good luck.

I hear the Lambs are gunning for Pete Carroll for their next coach. Good luck with that. Maybe Buffalo should try for Uncle Pete too?

Rick, the game was so much slower in the 70's and 80's, get over it already.  Plus everything is so scrutinized with slow motion, high definition, so many camera angles.  Apples to oranges.  If people can't deal with the human aspect of calling a game and sometimes getting it wrong, then don't watch it.  Go with the WWE, where you know it's fixed.

16 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I saw Tarkenton play the 49ers at Candlestick on Monday Night Football (Howard Cosell was there) and the Niners beat them. That was in 1976 when we thought SF would take the division, but the wheels fell off in the last part of the season and the effin Rams won the division. I hate the Rams, but I will root for them to beat Seattle.

On 12/13/2016 at 8:36 PM, Walter said:

Rick, the game was so much slower in the 70's and 80's, get over it already.  Plus everything is so scrutinized with slow motion, high definition, so many camera angles.  Apples to oranges.  If people can't deal with the human aspect of calling a game and sometimes getting it wrong, then don't watch it.  Go with the WWE, where you know it's fixed.

Sometimes getting it wrong?  Are you for real?  With the millions of dollars being paid out and bet?  Are you for real?  That is a dumb statement.  Dumb.  Get over it?  Yea ok.  Its all dandy when Dallas is winning isn't it?  Until they get screwed and sent home on one of these calls.  Lets see what tune you sing then.  

And you Strider.  Do you not realize that those game are in reverse order?  They are in Houston and in Baltimore homer.

I guess we find out how good Tampa  is this week.  And maybe even if Dallas is for real?  I am still a believer in Atlanta more than many here likely are   I think they have the best passing game in football.  Brady and his lack of weapons will catch up to him.   I am not sold Green Bay is now all of a sudden ok.  Detroit needs one win in these 3 games to seal the deal.  The line went from 5 12 to 3 and !/2 yesterday on the Giants.  So Detroit is finally getting some deserved respect.  The only reason the Giants are favored are both the win over Dallas and the finger injury to Stafford.   If he is OK to perform, the Giants will lose IMO>  The only real concern is this stat where Detroit has not won on grass.  The Lions and Falcons could meet in the title game?  I still like Romo better than Dak for Dallas moving forward but its not going to happen.  Not unless an injury or lets say Dallas has things wrapped up in two weeks, and Romo starts in the last game?  And plays out of his mind?  Still Dak probably?  But if he unwinds down the stretch?  Who knows.  So I am now left with this decision to go with either Houston or Baltimore this week?  Toss up.  Truly

48 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Betting on the Jags to lose seems like a sure bet to me...

Before this season started, I thought Bortles showed the most potential of the younger quarterbacks.  His 2nd year showed progress, and I figured that he would move along accordingly.  Boy was I wrong.  His game is in shambles.  He admitted as much early in the season, all the way down to his release of the football.  Don't know the details as far as which quarterback guru he's currently working with, but the off-season begs for a change.  Back to fundamentals and such.  Of course he's also running for his life, which isn't helping any.

My Lions face three tough ones in a row....Giants, Cowboys, and Packers, and we get to do it with a three-fingered Jake as our quarterback.  Suddenly I smell paper Lions instead of growling ones.  Should be interesting.  No running game...2 sacks in November....not really sure how we're pulling this off to start with.     No complaints here....9-4 is better than 4-9.  Beats being out of the mix before the leaves fall.

On 12/13/2016 at 3:25 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

And the refs are blowing calls that you or I can make at home easily and forcing coaches to use their flags?  When is this insanity going to stop?  In the 70s and 80s they did not make nearly as many mistakes.  That miserable old shit that worked last nights game I have seen a million times and I still do not know his name  So what does that say to their cry for fame?

Maybe all the players should wear body cameras.

Archived