Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jimmy11

Best Sounboards by Year

Recommended Posts

I am new to the  Led Zeppelin bootlegs and need some advice on best soundboards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good timing as the Seattle 75 board tape just came out a year ago and is outstanding quality and performance. There’s a bunch for the 75’ tour that are good (Ones from Feb MSG and Ragin Cajun forget date) but not on the same level as the Seattle show. Orlando 71’, Montreux Switzerland 1970, April 28 Fillmore 69, Mobile 73’, to name a few great ones and get you started. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy11 said:

I am new to the  Led Zeppelin bootlegs and need some advice on best soundboards. 

There are threads for this topic already in the Live section of the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2018 at 1:19 PM, Tainted cheese said:

Good timing as the Seattle 75 board tape just came out a year ago and is outstanding quality and performance. There’s a bunch for the 75’ tour that are good (Ones from Feb MSG and Ragin Cajun forget date) but not on the same level as the Seattle show. Orlando 71’, Montreux Switzerland 1970, April 28 Fillmore 69, Mobile 73’, to name a few great ones and get you started. Good luck.

Thanks looking forward to listening 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soundboards sound damn good BUT a good matrix puts you right in front of the stage in the middle of the crowd! 

(A matrix is a mix of the soundboard, with great vocals, keyboards, and mid-bass, and an audience recording with deep bass and loud guitar.)

Check out Four Blocks in the Snow (Feb. 12th, 1975) or the Cuztard Pi matrix remaster of March 21st, 1975.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2018 at 1:37 PM, chef free said:

Soundboards sound damn good BUT a good matrix puts you right in front of the stage in the middle of the crowd! 

(A matrix is a mix of the soundboard, with great vocals, keyboards, and mid-bass, and an audience recording with deep bass and loud guitar.)

Check out Four Blocks in the Snow (Feb. 12th, 1975) or the Cuztard Pi matrix remaster of March 21st, 1975.

K will listen thanks

Edited by Jimmy11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

VpwNFvl.png

Edited by The Rover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AussieOzzieZeppfan said:

Curious to know whether or not there's soundboard available from there Australian tour?. 

No. . If you're going to give them a listen the 19th or 27th but nothing really great. . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4/27/69

1/9/70

9/29/71 when it's available

72?

1/22/73 

3/21/75

4/27/77

8/4/79

80?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

80?

I'd say Jun 29 Zurich. Complete Switzer show or Winston Remaster.

or Jun 30 Frankfurt - Hotter Than The Hindenburg. There may be one or two others worthy???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2018 at 2:40 AM, rm2551 said:

I'd say Jun 29 Zurich. Complete Switzer show or Winston Remaster.

or Jun 30 Frankfurt - Hotter Than The Hindenburg. There may be one or two others worthy???

 

Zurich and Frankfurt are the two best. It's become the conventional wisdom - but this is one of those times when the conventional wisdom is correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×