Plantations

Walter

'77, can't remember which show...

"This song reflects I s'pose more than anything else, an evening in England some 700 years ago (Bonzo shouts something, can't make out what) this is about the time me and Bonzo got married.." :D

:lol:

The man with no taste, manners and no friends. My best friend, the man who always kicks me when I'm down. *laughs* John Bonham. You can hear Bonzo in the background saying hey! and laughing.

LA Forum 3/25/75 before Moby Dick

180 pounds of glory---John Bonham.

"John Bonham, full of shit and speed."

Bonzo was trying to lose weight during the 1973 American tour and would weigh himself daily. Plant would recount those weigh-ins nightly: 124 lbs. of glory, etc. (I don't think Bonzo hit 180 till 1977.)

"John Bonham, full of shit and speed."

Bonzo was trying to lose weight during the 1973 American tour and would weigh himself daily. Plant would recount those weigh-ins nightly: 124 lbs. of glory, etc. (I don't think Bonzo hit 180 till 1977.)

Could have been 130 pounds ....

I haven't watched my dvd in 6 months. B)

Sorry if a little inaccurate guys.

• 4 years later...

Sorry I don't remember which show it was - maybe badge holders. Robert introduced Bonzo as" the man who manages to wash my hair with 7up every night -John Bonham" I don't know why but this always made me laugh, I guess because I could picture it in my head.

1975-05-25. I think it goes something like this:

Plant: Are you loose?!

Bonzo: Yes, yes thank you!

Plant: Christ, we know you're loose Bonzo. Loose is not the word. Did you know he had diarrhea all throughout the last American tour? *crowd laughs* He's got the only drum stool in the world which is a commode. *crowd and Bonzo laughs*

The previous night has Plant a little more, um, lucid, and has some pretty nice commentary as well.

I was hoping someone would mention this so I wouldn't have to type the whole thing! Bought the DVD of this show recently and laughed my ass off, the best part is Bonzo's laugh!

And it takes place inbetween That's The Way and Bron-Y-Aur Stomp I think.

From one of the Earls court shows ( I've got it from a DVD)

"Good evening.... the chairs are provided by habitat, yeah, all the talkshows we'll have to get to..."

Same evening: "Oh, Jimmy Page is coming back from the closet now."

(talking about a british manager who says):"... no artists left in the country anymore; He must be dazed and confused!"

Sorry, some of the quotes might not be correct, I haven't seen the DVD for a while, my memory has holes...

It's 5/24/75 (fourth E.C. show). Right before one of my favorite Dazed And Confused's, indeed the first live version I heard, he says the thing about the closet. He's giving the usual speech about how it's a song from the very beginning or whatever, describing what each of them were doing around the time the band formed and he says: "and Jimmy Page was coming out of the closet." His laugh after is priceless.

The guy he's talking about with the no artists in the country anymore is Denis Healey, who was the Chancellor of the Exchequer (finance minister) in Britain at that time. He's alluding to Britain's "super tax bracket" which forced the Stones into exile in '72.

Can anyone remember which (US presumably) gig it was when the guitar tech (Ray) was adjusting/fixing Jimmy's guitar mid set and it was taking a bit of time.

Plant said " Sorry about Raymond...he's from Scotland.....(pause)... a bit like Alabama" !!

It's 6/23/77 right before Going To California.

Sorry I don't remember which show it was - maybe badge holders. Robert introduced Bonzo as" the man who manages to wash my hair with 7up every night -John Bonham" I don't know why but this always made me laugh, I guess because I could picture it in my head.

Haha! This one's new to me - I gotta find this audio and add it to my site!

Edit: I found it! :yes2:

Edited by Roxie

Found this one on youtube:

It's Earls Court 1975, the band are just about to start Whole Lotta Love

Bonzo is at the front of the stage.

Bonzo: well i think football's a load of bollocks *walks off*

Robert: I'd like to say that soccer is a wonderful sport, the best sport. *walk off*

Robert: *decides to come back* And that's got nothing to do with Bonzo's sediments**

That made me laugh so much i cried.

** not sure if this word is right.

Lmao it's "sentiments"-I love that one too!

I'm thinking of something, I wanna say it's from Badgeholders, where Bonham calls Plant a cunt off mic. I wanna say Badgeholders because I think it's after Plant tells him to shut up with the snare inbetween songs.

I also love from that show when Bonzo yells out the request for Trampled Under Foot

Found this one on youtube:

It's Earls Court 1975, the band are just about to start Whole Lotta Love

Bonzo is at the front of the stage.

Bonzo: well i think football's a load of bollocks *walks off*

Robert: I'd like to say that soccer is a wonderful sport, the best sport. *walk off*

Robert: *decides to come back* And that's got nothing to do with Bonzo's sediments**

That made me laugh so much i cried.

** not sure if this word is right.

Lmao it's "sentiments"-I love that one too!

I've got this one on my site here:

I'm trying to find the one in which Robert makes a quip about "someone having diarrhea backstage" That one cracked me up.

He does seem to talk about diarrhea alot!

Is it this one?

Of is it the one where he says "I know you're loose Bonzo - good lord he had diarrhea all thru the last American tour!"

Just listening to 27/3/75 right now and between NQ and TU Plant starts to ramble about "the jungle" before Bonham gets his attension back with a couple of snare hits and plant thanks him for it, simpley little moment but very funny.

it is a shame so little has ever seen the light of day officially as Plant is one of the very few frontmen from that era with a genuine wit. Post Spinal Tap I spose everyone looked back on this kind of banter as a negative but really a lot of Plants is actually predating Tap in taking the piss out of his and the bands persona.

Just listening to 27/3/75 right now and between NQ and TU Plant starts to ramble about "the jungle" before Bonham gets his attension back with a couple of snare hits and plant thanks him for it, simpley little moment but very funny.

it is a shame so little has ever seen the light of day officially as Plant is one of the very few frontmen from that era with a genuine wit. Post Spinal Tap I spose everyone looked back on this kind of banter as a negative but really a lot of Plants is actually predating Tap in taking the piss out of his and the bands persona.

Ahh yes I always get a kick out of that one.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/11/2008 at 11:30 AM, docron said:

I also recal this exchange, though I can't remember which show... I want to say 1970.09.04 LA Forum, but could be wrong.. anyways.

Robert Plant (to audience): "You don't know how difficult it is to tune a guitar in front of thousands of screaming people."

Jimmy Page (to Plant): "You don't, either."

Anyone know where this was from? Can't remember it at Blueberry Hill.