Wolfmother on Led Zep

dragster

^ Which, IMO, was a very under-rehearsed cover.

harhar.

I think theyve been playing it as an encore for a while....at least every bootleg I came across at the beginning of the year had it in the setlist.

Their guy sings like zep1 era Plant so thats why people say that, IMHO.

I'd say they musically sound more like Uriah Heep or GrandFunk some other middlingly decent 70's band than I would zep.

This dude seems to be confusing sounding like zep/sabbath with having talent with the likes of zep/sabbath. That was an uncomfortable interview to watch. icon8.gif

Their guy sings like zep1 era Plant so thats why people say that, IMHO.

I would have to agree. The timbre of his voice is very different but his style isn't too far separated from Plant during the recording of that album. I think the style is more fitting for Plant than Stockdale though. Stockdale would probably be better if he didn't wail all the time because he just can't do it for an entire song (not live anyway).

I actually like wolfmother very much. i have their album and if you listen to it without any prejudices, it turns out to be pretty great. At leats, compared to most of what's in store nowadays.

And i sorta liked their led zep cover, but then again, nobody should make led zeppelin covers... it's just not flattering.

I'm surprised they did Communication Breakdown. Being someone that plays all three instruments, the parts for all three are quite a bitch on their own and combining then and getting it to lock up nice and tight is pretty tough.

Having said that, I'm impressed he plays guitar AND sings at the same time. Even if I can't say I like their cover I'm sure it's a hell of a lot better then what would happen if I tired it.

I actually like wolfmother very much. i have their album and if you listen to it without any prejudices, it turns out to be pretty great. At leats, compared to most of what's in store nowadays.

And i sorta liked their led zep cover, but then again, nobody should make led zeppelin covers... it's just not flattering.

True that.

They're also great live btw. If people don't like retro-bands - fair enough, but they're definitely good at what they're doing.

Well, if they didn't want to be compared to Zep then they probably should have not played "Communcation Breakdown" at the UK HOF.

Where did it say that they didn't want to be compared to Led Zep? He just said he was surprised that people were comparing them to Zep. No one can be compared to Led Zeppelin!

Well, if they didn't want to be compared to Zep then they probably should have not played "Communcation Breakdown" at the UK HOF.

I hated that cover. I seem to recall seeing Jimmy Page's face as the camera panned, he didn't seem too impressed. I would pay a lot of money to hear what was whizzing through his mind at that point. :lol:

No one can be compared to Led Zeppelin!

*Insert nodding smilie here* I don't like Wolfmother.

I saw Wolfmother back in March and they were absolutely killer. I'm looking forward to seeing what levels they can take themselves too with their next album.

As for Communication Breakdown, I never saw the UK one, but when they played it at the concert I went to, it sounded good. So as someone before indicated, it was probably extremely under-rehearsed.

Actually for all your info after Wolfmother's performance Page said to Plant, "These guys are pretty good!"

And usually if someone says that, it means they're impressed. I don't know why everyone cricises Wolfmother for using a '70s Rock style, I mean I'd rather sound like Zeppelin, not Fall Out Boy. If you actually listen to their album I bet you'll enjoy it.

Archived