led zeppelin guitar hero / rock band . new update !

metalhead16

jimmy page has made a interview and has given good signs that maybe guitar hero led zeppelin wont be such a bad idea here is the link . i know he does not make it fully clear on it . but its a big plus .

http://www.examiner.com/x-25487-Music-Video-Games-Examiner~y2010m1d23-Jimmy-Page-seems-to-be-coming-around-to-music-video-games

“That’s all about image,” snorts Page, derisively. “If you want to waste your time playing a plastic instrument and looking at somebody in a top hat, then good luck. That’s not my idea of moving music forward.”

Like most news sources, they took what he said and flipped it. He didn't say anything about giving up the master tapes or even considering putting Zep's material in a video game. All he said was that those games are fun to learn the timing of the music. Zep doesn't need to be in a game. They're awesome without it!

Like most news sources, they took what he said and flipped it. He didn't say anything about giving up the master tapes or even considering putting Zep's material in a video game. All he said was that those games are fun to learn the timing of the music. Zep doesn't need to be in a game. They're awesome without it!

Yeah,they don't "NEED" to be in a video game but it would be cool if they were in one.I play guitar and bass and drums and still enjoy a game or two of Rock Band or Guitar Hero with friends of mine that don't have the skills or talent to play a real instrument.So what's wrong with that anyway? Also, a lot of times I'd say on some songs on expert it's actually harder to play the video game version than it is to play the real chords or solos on a real guitar or bass.I'd argue that playing the game could actually help to improve your playing a real instrument in real life.

Anyway,I think it would only be a good thing if Led Zeppelin songs were in the music games.There might actually be some people that aren't aware of their music or never really listened to it and could get turned on to it.And of course Page and Plant would get a lot of money since the games are so popular.It would be a win-win situation for everyone involved.I don't understand the objections to the idea.People can be so close-minded about creativity and art and expression.

Yeah,they don't "NEED" to be in a video game but it would be cool if they were in one.I play guitar and bass and drums and still enjoy a game or two of Rock Band or Guitar Hero with friends of mine that don't have the skills or talent to play a real instrument.So what's wrong with that anyway? Also, a lot of times I'd say on some songs on expert it's actually harder to play the video game version than it is to play the real chords or solos on a real guitar or bass.I'd argue that playing the game could actually help to improve your playing a real instrument in real life.

Anyway,I think it would only be a good thing if Led Zeppelin songs were in the music games.There might actually be some people that aren't aware of their music or never really listened to it and could get turned on to it.And of course Page and Plant would get a lot of money since the games are so popular.It would be a win-win situation for everyone involved.I don't understand the objections to the idea.People can be so close-minded about creativity and art and expression.

I don't have a problem with people who play the game for entertainment, but there's a lot more" creativity art and exspression" in playing the real thing. Also, I've played the Beatles game and I beleive it makes the music look almost hokey. Maybe that was alright with the Beatles, cause their music was always kind of upbeat, and care-free anyway. Led Zeppelin, in my opinion, is deeper and more musically complex.

The article is certainly twisting words.

I've seen quite a few videos of people pounding away at those plastic things... *click**click**click**click**click*. That's all I hear with those games.

BUT as a fan of video games I definitely can't say I wouldn't have fun though.

Think of all the equipment you'd have to buy to get the full experience.

The article is certainly twisting words.

I've seen quite a few videos of people pounding away at those plastic things... *click**click**click**click**click*. That's all I hear with those games.

BUT as a fan of video games I definitely can't say I wouldn't have fun though.

Think of all the equipment you'd have to buy to get the full experience.

i play video games too, but music games are retarted. play a real instrument instead

i play video games too, but music games are retarted. play a real instrument instead

I'd hate to interpret your post wrong, but you're really bursting my bubble to assume I don't play a real instrument. :angry:

Should I assume something about you because you can't spell "retarded"?

Fun is fun... the end.

Those that are stubborn about this and think people should play real instruments really don't get it. You need to understand that playing an instrument and playing guitar hero are totally different things. And these types of games can absolutely open people up to new music. Guitar Hero is actually the reason I got into Zeppelin.

I can go into more detail and provide more arguments for it if that is needed.

Those that are stubborn about this and think people should play real instruments really don't get it. You need to understand that playing an instrument and playing guitar hero are totally different things. And these types of games can absolutely open people up to new music. Guitar Hero is actually the reason I got into Zeppelin.

I can go into more detail and provide more arguments for it if that is needed.

Good point. I guess I just get frustrated sometimes when people play these games 24/7 and never think about playing an instrument. I just have to remind myself that it's their loss.

What really pisses me off is when people are like that, but then they try to make people believe that they're into led zepp, pink Floyd, ect., when really they just know "Stairway to Heaven".

For example, there is this d-bag at my school that plays guitar hero and thinks that he is sick at drums or something. He even drummed at the talent show once and everyone went crazy because they had no idea what good music was. And then I see him in the hall wearing Pink Floyd and Metallica shirts, when in reality he can't name3 Metallica songs, and hasn't listened to Dark Side of the Moon once, or even can't name two songs off the album.

I believe the formal term is "poser".

Maybe this has something to do with Jimmy's 180°.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/09/15/gh-money-for-aerosmith/

Activision: 'Guitar Hero' A Bigger Money-Maker For Aersomith Than Any Album

Posted 9/15/08 5:42 pm ET by Patrick Klepek

Just as "Rock Band 2" launches, we're reminded of the "Guitar Hero" juggernaut.

Activision CEO Bobby Kotick said at the company's analyst day today that "Guitar Hero: Aerosmith" has generated more money for the band than any of their albums.

"[Their] version of 'Guitar Hero' generated far more in revenues than any Aerosmith album ever has," said Kotick. "Merchandising, concert sales, their ability to sign a new contract [have] all been unbelievably influenced by their participation in 'Guitar Hero.'"

An Aerosmith rep was not able to confirm Kotick's statement by press time.

Looks like Metallica should be pretty excited for their "Guitar Hero" title.

Maybe this has something to do with Jimmy's 180°.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/09/15/gh-money-for-aerosmith/

Activision: 'Guitar Hero' A Bigger Money-Maker For Aersomith Than Any Album

Posted 9/15/08 5:42 pm ET by Patrick Klepek

Just as "Rock Band 2" launches, we're reminded of the "Guitar Hero" juggernaut.

Activision CEO Bobby Kotick said at the company's analyst day today that "Guitar Hero: Aerosmith" has generated more money for the band than any of their albums.

"[Their] version of 'Guitar Hero' generated far more in revenues than any Aerosmith album ever has," said Kotick. "Merchandising, concert sales, their ability to sign a new contract [have] all been unbelievably influenced by their participation in 'Guitar Hero.'"

An Aerosmith rep was not able to confirm Kotick's statement by press time.

Looks like Metallica should be pretty excited for their "Guitar Hero" title.

Good link.

Sound's like a way to be a sellout though. I'm sure Zep would want their music heard from their actual albums and not a video game. Basically, it's not up to us to decide. Those games are fun and I do play them but they're cheesy. I would like to think of Zeppelin as on a higher playing field than that.

Good link.

Sound's like a way to be a sellout though. I'm sure Zep would want their music heard from their actual albums and not a video game. Basically, it's not up to us to decide. Those games are fun and I do play them but they're cheesy. I would like to think of Zeppelin as on a higher playing field than that.

Well said.

There's Led Zeppelin then there's everyone else.

• 1 month later...

You also missed the point of such games entirely, yes LZ are awesome, and we know that,... the point is most of the current generation think Timberland invented 75% of music. If you are happy with this situation then carry on chanting the same tune. I fyou aren't happy with it, like me, wake the hell up realise the market potential out there for a band that atm is frankly being too anal about it... LZ may be great but Rolling stones/the Who/the Beatles all got on board... do LZ really think they're above this?!?! Get with the program Jimmy.... slapface.gif

You also missed the point of such games entirely, yes LZ are awesome, and we know that,... the point is most of the current generation think Timberland invented 75% of music. If you are happy with this situation then carry on chanting the same tune. I fyou aren't happy with it, like me, wake the hell up realise the market potential out there for a band that atm is frankly being too anal about it... LZ may be great but Rolling stones/the Who/the Beatles all got on board... do LZ really think they're above this?!?! Get with the program Jimmy.... slapface.gif

Just an FYI, we are wide awake and their are also many young fans on this forum who truly know how to appreciate Led Zeppelins music. By the way Zeppelin owns their masters...can you say that about the rest?

It's insulting that you under estimate the talent of Jimmy Page and the band as a whole.

Dude! What is it man? Why don't you wake up?

The Stones, The Who, The Beatles??? With the exception of about 80% of The Beatles music, none of these band's gave the kind of legacy that Led Zeppelin did to the up and coming bands of the late 1970's and early 1980's!

Sure, lot's of people (including me) love The Who and The Stone's but, there's just no comparison on the whole to how Led Zeppelin affected the next wave of music to come after them.

Learning from a hacked up unoriginal spoof of the real thing is not the right way to go about it if you ask me, we own our currant and future kid's far better than that.

The best way to learn how to play an instrument is to start talking with people who already can play and then pick one up and give it a go.

Archived