Can Someone Help Me Find This Picture(s)?

Heartbreaker_Girl

Thank you, I had no idea it was a Nazi uniform, if I knew that, I would never have posted this. I'm completely offended by myself and I feel like a HUGE douchebag for it. I'm extremely sorry, I hope you accept my sincere apollogy. And I did see it a few years back, and did not remember what it looked like exactly. Once again, I apollogize for my big mess.

Don't worry about it, Heartbreaker :) We were all young once.

Honestly? It's just a hat. Was it a bit close to the bone? Perhaps. My opinion is that he simply wore something that he thought looked 'cool' on him. It kinda worked. He sicked up on the poppy suit the night before, and he needed something to wear. He was strung out on H and God knows what else and he obviously wanted to make an impression. I mean, we're still talking about it now, right? I don't find anything malicious about it - so I'm not offended. I highly doubt, given his state at the time, that there was much thought behind it.

When I was 15, I wore a similar hat that was a drama prop, whilst I did my drama exam. I never once thought, 'This is a Nazi hat', I just thought, 'Wow, this is like the one Jimmy wore'. It reminded me of Jimmy and I was told I looked cool. There wasn't much else behind it.

And I'm from a Polish Jewish family.

HA HA, did your parents know? My mother would have locked me in the basement.

I had been communicating with a lot of dead Jews before I ever saw the outfit and I was well into my so called adult years (what's adult in terms of eternity?), so it really impacted me because I was so aware of their pain.

Have a great evening everyone. B):D

My parents didn't need to know because there wasn't anything to say. What was I supposed to say, 'Oh, I wore a hat today just like the one Jimmy Page wore in Chicago '77. You know, the night after he threw up on his poppy suit'? They would've looked at me like I was on crack. I'm the Zeppelin fan, so it would've been lost on them. I was 15 and didn't connotate it with Nazism. I connotated with it Jimmy. If I'd have known what it represented and still worn it, that would've been another story.

My parents didn't need to know because there wasn't anything to say. What was I supposed to say, 'Oh, I wore a hat today just like the one Jimmy Page wore in Chicago '77. You know, the night after he threw up on his poppy suit'? They would've looked at me like I was on crack. I'm the Zeppelin fan, so it would've been lost on them. I was 15 and didn't connotate it with Nazism. I connotated with it Jimmy. If I'd have known what it represented and still worn it, that would've been another story.

Well, I'm watchin TSRTS rite now so I'm gonna make it quick.. This is an amazing movie!!! I just threw up because of all the excitement!!! AHHHAHAHAHAHHHH!!! So if it was off topic...

Ok, the definition of strange.

I would have said that yeah, lol. I guess that's why my mom used to look at me like I had horns growing out of my forehead eh?

On one hand, I had a pretty hard time hiding stuff from my mom just because I always had a "thing" about being brutally honest. I said honest, you can think stupid if you want, lol.

On the other hand, I couldn't bring home and hide a box of tampons in my closet because my mom seemed to have nothing better to do than search in the darkest depths of my closet to find whatever I was hiding even though I was so honest with her.

My mom hated Zep, and especially my ummm what would you call it obsession with Jimmy? Yeah, they call that Omega in the Bible, lol.

Excuse the extra strangeness please. I spent the evening with 5 other Autistics and I'm feeling pretty good.

Judy

My mom us the same way!

I thought Jimmy was mocking nazi Germany only when he wore that outfit, and not being anti-Semitic.

I never said anything about Jimmy - the poster said that their Jewish friend (who it tuns out isn't actually a Jew) found the UNIFORM hot , which doesn't necessarily include Jimmy in the picture.

However, no, Jimmy wasn't "mocking" Nazi Germany - neither am I claiming he was being anti-Semitic.

Thank you, I had no idea it was a Nazi uniform, if I knew that, I would never have posted this. I'm completely offended by myself and I feel like a HUGE douchebag for it. I'm extremely sorry, I hope you accept my sincere apollogy. And I did see it a few years back, and did not remember what it looked like exactly. Once again, I apollogize for my big mess.

Honestly, even I didn't know this, a lot of you are overreacting and out of line. Think twice before posting and acting arrogant.

Honestly, even I didn't know this, a lot of you are overreacting and out of line. Think twice before posting and acting arrogant.

I'm sorry, but I don't think people are being arrogant here. Sure I can only speak for myself, I know the poster is young and I was definitely not mocking on her. But I still think it's necessary to point out what a hat it is.

If I ever offended Heartbreakergirl, then I apologize to her. But really, it's nothing to be proud of.

I don't think there's anything remotely out of line, arrogant, or anything else in making clear exactly what the connotations of the outfit are. (Nobody should ever forget, or be unaware of, what Nazism was about.) Heartbreaker Girl's response was pretty classy.

I'm sorry, but I don't think people are being arrogant here. Sure I can only speak for myself, I know the poster is young and I was definitely not mocking on her. But I still think it's necessary to point out what a hat it is.

If I ever offended Heartbreakergirl, then I apologize to her. But really, it's nothing to be proud of.

No, you didn't offend me. No harm no foul, bud.

...Originally, when I saw this post a while ago, I thought of this hat...

35.jpg

...Miss P. alludes to this hat (I am with the Band). She writes that Jimmy had a hat fitted (with a feather sticking) at Nudie's Taylor, Hollywood, circa '69/70. She also writes their "massive" Peter Grant was also fitted at this shop...

(I do wish she would have spilled some details about Jimmy's stage costumes, but another topic...)

(This photograph was taken from Bebe Buell's collection in 1974).

I decided to post this...as this will add to Jimmy's hat collection.......

:) :)

Edited by PlanetPage