Led Zeppelin themed video game (guitar hero or rock band)

Well, I love the idea of a Zep Rock Band, but wouldn't it be (key word kinda) the same thing with the whole Puff Daddy fiasco in the 90's? I don't think Zep would want to sell the rights to their songs to a game they probably don't even play. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy it, I would in a heartbeat.

These guitar/music games are getting really boring and annoying.

I've played all the Rock Bands and Guitar Hero's, finishing most of the songs in the mid-90% range on Expert and I just can't stand to play another note.

I've argued it to death on this board too, but it's not fun for me anymore.

Would I come out of retirement if they made a Led Zeppelin game or had Led Zeppelin songs? Hell yeah I would!

But at this point, after the industry is so popular, it'd be impossible to ward off any "sellout" accusations.

I think they've reached the point where there is no risk in making a game. It's reward only.

From a business perspective, that's great!

But they're not interested in money, and if they're not covering any new ground, then it's just a cash-in.

I guess I don't really give a shit anymore...as with many other things...

And yes...I have a real guitar and I'm not bored with that.

Maybe if I lose hope...they'll make the game anyways.

I think it could only happen once the surviving members take a dirty nap, unfortunately. And I don't think music video games will be popular for decades to come.

And Led Zeppelin are owned by WMG and they're being greedy bastards to every other entertainment company and demanding money, including Guitar Hero/Rock Band so that's another reason.

Well, I love the idea of a Zep Rock Band, but wouldn't it be (key word kinda) the same thing with the whole Puff Daddy fiasco in the 90's? I don't think Zep would want to sell the rights to their songs to a game they probably don't even play. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy it, I would in a heartbeat.

Fuck Rock Band. It would have to be Guitar Hero...even though I'm a guitar player myself and can't play either game.

Fuck Rock Band. It would have to be Guitar Hero...even though I'm a guitar player myself and can't play either game.

Guitar Hero sucks. It's a complete sellout brand that are whoring the franchise for every cent. Rock Band have respect for the big ones. They put a full-on sequel on hold for The Beatles. I'm sure Zeppelin would get the same treatment if they bit.

^ either way, whether you agree or not, a Zeppelin game will reach a bigger audience of people who don't know Zeppelin and/or listen to them.

True, and I think that's the sticking point. Lots of young kids don't know shit about Zeppelin, and this could be a good way to expose them to great music without listening to the same 4 Zep songs on classic rock radio.

Releasing it all on Guitar Hero is everything Zeppelin stood against....The Media

They were making statements, they wanted people to hear the whole album of a groups work, not just one or two bits.

Over 40 years, Led Zeppelin's music has inspired people to pick up guitars and form their own bands!

Futhermore, Zeppelin never let themselves be over exposed to the media.

Releasing their back catalogue on iTunes is pretty much the same as was vinyl to CD in the late 1980's. It is making the music more accessible for a new generation of the music industry which is falling to pieces because of illegal downloading.

True, and I think that's the sticking point. Lots of young kids don't know shit about Zeppelin, and this could be a good way to expose them to great music without listening to the same 4 Zep songs on classic rock radio.

Well for me I would lean more toward Guitar Hero developer Neversoft. While I really, really, like the care that Harmonix has with games based on specific bands, I like Guiter Hero for a couple of reasons. The instruments are better, I really like the music studio, the customization features and the motion capture(Don't think that you would want to play as them in their current state though). I also like what they did with the recent Guitar Hero Metallica. How they put in all the random facts, the real attention to the game in terms of having Metallica's influences, the backstage footage, stage presence, and the people who were influenced by Metallica into the game. However, I like Harmonix's DLC, and their just natural instinct to put something cool in a game and the fact that they know the fans will love it. However, i don't like Rock band's instruments and it's gameplay(in terms of timing. It just feels so wierd to me). I don't like Neversoft's advertsing campaign(KFC buckets? That's pathetic.) and I HATE, with a burning passion, how they are come out with Guitar Hero games every other freakin month! It's freakin annoying! I guess I'm really split in the midle, except slightly leaning towards Neversoft. And you havea good point MisterMcLov1n, kids need to get exposed to actual good music and not hear the same songs on the radio all the time. This could qutie possibly be the best way to do that. Again this is my opinion and please don't bash me for it. Thank you, God bless and Led Zeppelin forever!

Well for me I would lean more toward Guitar Hero developer Neversoft. While I really, really, like the care that Harmonix has with games based on specific bands, I like Guiter Hero for a couple of reasons. The instruments are better, I really like the music studio, the customization features and the motion capture(Don't think that you would want to play as them in their current state though). I also like what they did with the recent Guitar Hero Metallica. How they put in all the random facts, the real attention to the game in terms of having Metallica's influences, the backstage footage, stage presence, and the people who were influenced by Metallica into the game. However, I like Harmonix's DLC, and their just natural instinct to put something cool in a game and the fact that they know the fans will love it. However, i don't like Rock band's instruments and it's gameplay(in terms of timing. It just feels so wierd to me). I don't like Neversoft's advertsing campaign(KFC buckets? That's pathetic.) and I HATE, with a burning passion, how they are come out with Guitar Hero games every other freakin month! It's freakin annoying! I guess I'm really split in the midle, except slightly leaning towards Neversoft. And you havea good point MisterMcLov1n, kids need to get exposed to actual good music and not hear the same songs on the radio all the time. This could qutie possibly be the best way to do that. Again this is my opinion and please don't bash me for it. Thank you, God bless and Led Zeppelin forever!

I found the GH:Tunes Music Studio to be very frustrating and a little annoying. First, you need to be a real musician to make a half-decent song. You have to know chord progressions, harmonics, etc. And all that work goes in to a 3 minute glorified ringtone. And Harmonix are rumored to be working on a new edition of Rock Band that has a huge music-creation program much more advanced but easier-to-use than GH's. But you're right, I was quite impressed with how much detail they put into Guitar Hero: Metallica. But the thing is, Metallica are still an active band. All of the band-only Guitar Hero games are active, and that shows. Guitar Hero Metallica shows you actually on tour with the band, but Led Zeppelin have been out for almost 29 years now. The Beatles: Rock Band is more of an artistic celebration of The Beatles music through the video game format, and I think that's what Led Zeppelin should get.

I found the GH:Tunes Music Studio to be very frustrating and a little annoying. First, you need to be a real musician to make a half-decent song. You have to know chord progressions, harmonics, etc. And all that work goes in to a 3 minute glorified ringtone. And Harmonix are rumored to be working on a new edition of Rock Band that has a huge music-creation program much more advanced but easier-to-use than GH's. But you're right, I was quite impressed with how much detail they put into Guitar Hero: Metallica. But the thing is, Metallica are still an active band. All of the band-only Guitar Hero games are active, and that shows. Guitar Hero Metallica shows you actually on tour with the band, but Led Zeppelin have been out for almost 29 years now. The Beatles: Rock Band is more of an artistic celebration of The Beatles music through the video game format, and I think that's what Led Zeppelin should get.

Yeah you're right. They deserve the same treatment as The Beatles are getting.

to address the media concerns...they should just release a Led Zeppelin themed game as soon as the games become unpopular ;)

...and I vote for Guitar Hero.

I can't see the friggin notes in Rock Band because I'm so used to Guitar Hero.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey im a big fan of both music and videogames and i was wondering what you guys think of having a video game based on them, like Guitar Hero or Rock Band. I would prefer Guitar Hero but I think that this is very good idea. I think that it would be a good way for the band to spread their music to a new generation. Please tell me what you think and im sorry if someone has posted this topic already. I have searched for it and couldn't find anything. God Bless and Led Zeppelin forever!

well if its like ac/dc rock band dont get it theres only about 15 songs on that game.a waste of money

well if its like ac/dc rock band dont get it theres only about 15 songs on that game.a waste of money

That was only a track pack and only released on disc because AC/DC don't want their music sold online through Xbox Live or PSN. Led Zeppelin would certainly get the Beatles or Metallica treatment.

I hope this never happens...Even though this would make more Zeppelin fans, and we need all we can get, we don't need Zeppelin fans who are like "Oh yea I really like the song Communication Breakdown because i heard it on guitar hero hardy har har har" Maybe some of them would play the game and think "Oh man I really shoud get into these guys" but I'm guessing if this actually happens more than half who play it will just focus on the "main streem" We need to go back in time and make it be like the good old days when you heard a single song from a band got there name and then became huge fans of every single song...I'm not saying that the way we find out about bands today is bad I meen without stuff like iTunes I would have never heard some of the bands that i listen to right now it is just we need to stop guitar hero it is killing some once great songs and great bands

I know lots of people will be mad about what i just typed but i know deep down you will agree

I hope this never happens...Even though this would make more Zeppelin fans, and we need all we can get, we don't need Zeppelin fans who are like "Oh yea I really like the song Communication Breakdown because i heard it on guitar hero hardy har har har" Maybe some of them would play the game and think "Oh man I really shoud get into these guys" but I'm guessing if this actually happens more than half who play it will just focus on the "main streem" We need to go back in time and make it be like the good old days when you heard a single song from a band got there name and then became huge fans of every single song...I'm not saying that the way we find out about bands today is bad I meen without stuff like iTunes I would have never heard some of the bands that i listen to right now it is just we need to stop guitar hero it is killing some once great songs and great bands

I know lots of people will be mad about what i just typed but i know deep down you will agree

Something is always killing music. :rolleyes: First it was CD replacing vinyl, then it was internet piracy, now it's music games. I don't agree deep down at all. Deep down I know you need to get with the times.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOO

POOP IF THAT ACTUALLY COME OUT THERE ARE GOING TO BE STUPID KIDS AT SCHOOL WHO ARE LIKE "OH YEA I LIKE THE SONGS THE OCEAN AND IN MY TIME OF DYING AND SINCE I'VE BEEN LOVIN YOU BLAH BLAH BLAH CAUSE I PLAYED IT ON GUITAR HERO ON HARD IM SO COOL BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH"

I HATE GUITAR HERO :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I don't agree with this at all. Does it really matter HOW people discover Zep? No, it doesn't. I discovered Zep when I first heard the Cadillac commercial back in 2004, and I don't just focus on the "main stream." I'm a HUGE fan. And so what if people do just focus on the "main stream" songs? If they like them, that's all that matters. There are plenty of bands (old and new) that I like and I only listen to their more popular songs.

Good point Mr. ALL CAPS... Very good point. So I agree, No,No,No. Everyone would be saying "Go Stairway..... Who Hoo Black Dog.... Yay!!!!" I hate that... I like Guitar Hero and Rock Band but, Zeppelin version would be bad all over. Last Monday, someone told me that it was a possibility and I said," Thanks for ruining my day."

I get where your coming from man but I have to disagree. I love Led Zeppelin and really hope that there is game on them. I get you though. Every day I hear"Oh I love that song I heard it on Guitar Hero" It does really irritate me but this game will be really good for everyone.

Archived