Parents won't let me see ACDC in Perth?

It was just on the radio that ACDC is coming to Perth next year with Wolfmother (and I jizzed - in - my pants and then straight after that my Mum says I'm not going. And she won't give any reason except that I'm in year 11 next year and I have to work harder, so apparantly I don't get time for a concert? I went to Iron Maiden last year, I'm not sure why she let me go but afterwards said 'never again.' And I went to The Who this year, coz I got invited by some family friends. I got the Plug Me In DVD at home and she's seen enough of that that she hates them now. My dad doesnt care if I go but he gets no say in anything with her. So anyone got any ideas?? Badly want to go, favourite band still touring.

And I posted this on ultimate-guitar.com as well and everyone just told me to sneak out but I can come up with hundreds of reasons why that won't work. Even if it did, my parents aren't like taht anyway, they wouldn't just forget it in a few months, I'd be taken out of school and kicked out of the house.

It was just on the radio that ACDC is coming to Perth next year with Wolfmother (and I jizzed - in - my pants and then straight after that my Mum says I'm not going. And she won't give any reason except that I'm in year 11 next year and I have to work harder, so apparantly I don't get time for a concert? I went to Iron Maiden last year, I'm not sure why she let me go but afterwards said 'never again.' And I went to The Who this year, coz I got invited by some family friends. I got the Plug Me In DVD at home and she's seen enough of that that she hates them now. My dad doesnt care if I go but he gets no say in anything with her. So anyone got any ideas?? Badly want to go, favourite band still touring.

And I posted this on ultimate-guitar.com as well and everyone just told me to sneak out but I can come up with hundreds of reasons why that won't work. Even if it did, my parents aren't like taht anyway, they wouldn't just forget it in a few months, I'd be taken out of school and kicked out of the house.

How's it going "Bring Them On Back?" I do not know if you party or not. If you do, maybe your Mom is smelling something on you. Mom's are notorious for that. What I used to do when I was your age, before going to a concert against my mother's wishes, I used to sneak out the window, go to the store and invest some money in buying some cheap cologne, breath mints and eye drops. When I got home afterwards, my mother was pissed off at me for sneaking off but she never knew the difference if I was wasted or not. I learned how to hide it well. ROCK ON!

You may not like this, but as long as you're living at home and living there rent-free with meals and laundry service provided, suck it up and deal with it. Parents have the right to be arbitrary. One minute they'll let you go do something and then the next minute they won't let you go do something else, even if the two things are similar.

It sucks, but that's how it is. Risk getting into bigger trouble by sneaking out and getting wasted or whatever it is people do at AC/DC concerts at the age of 16-17, but don't get PO'd then if they drop the hammer on you for it if they find out.

I guess I was that weird kid that obeyed her parents. *shrugs* Then again, they let me go to concerts by myself so I had no reason not to.

When I went to the AC/DC concert in Cincinnati this January, there were LOTS of families in attendance. Even parents with elementary school aged kids in tow.

We sat next to a father with his teen son (he was about 15years old). Nice that they shared the same love of music. I am going to see Metallica in September with my sons.

If your parents like rock music, perhaps you can convince them to go with you.

Or perhaps you can tell them that the band members are Aussies, and their music is classic, and this is maybe your last chance to see them as they are getting up there in years and that this is sort of like wittnessing rock history and they wouldn't want you to miss this opportunity, would they?

Or perhaps you can work out a deal with them to pay for your ticket, do extra work around the house.

Get the video "NO Bull" from Amazon. com and show your parents, as this is a fairly good representation of their current concert (of course, the new songs are not on it). Alot of good, clean fun, LOL.

I don't know your particular situation with your parents, if they have lost trust in you for some reason, or if they think that you are too young to go to concerts. But I would have allowed my sons to go when they were younger, particularly if it was their favorite band they wanted to see.

I wouldn't advise sneaking out to go, as Electrophile said. Your parents could never trust you again and therefore wouldn't allow you to go in the future. Its not worth it.

Good luck to you, hope you can make it.

I think there's more to this than meets the eye.

Something must have happened for your mum to be so adamant against you going to a concert again.

She may just be over protective because of the nutters that only seem to come out at these type of events.

Anyway you've got two weeks or so (before tickets go on sale) to bring her around. After all it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

You'll just have to negotiate some sort of settlement like Buckeye suggested.

The best thing you could do is promise to (and) fulfil your year 12 commitments to the best of your ability.

The concert will be on at the beginning of the school year so that won't be a major problem studywise.

If you are planning to go with some of your friends maybe one of their parents could go too?

The dumb thing to do is to sneak out.

I hope you can sort this out.

My daughters want me to take them so there will be some serious bargaining going on between now and the concert!

Good luck.

there's no hidden story behind it, my parents are just overprotective. never touched drugs, lost their trust or anything. although they counted getting less than 70% in a test as letting them down.. maybe thats it :huh::P

How's it going "Bring Them On Back?" Getting less than a 70% on a drug test could be a good reason. How often do you get a drug test? The thing is, you can go to a concert and breathe the dope smoke and fumes in the air without inhaling it in your lungs and it can still effect the outcome and results of your drug test. They do sell those 24 hour kits at the store that help you pass a drug test. I used to drink two whole glasses of straight vinegar, it tasted like shit! But it sure helped me in passing my past employer's drug tests. Good luck to you "Bring Them On Back," I hope it all works out for you. ROCK ON!

there's no hidden story behind it, my parents are just overprotective. never touched drugs, lost their trust or anything. although they counted getting less than 70% in a test as letting them down.. maybe thats it :huh::P

How's it going "Bring Them On Back?" After reading your last comment, I just had to send you another post to be sure that I understand your situation right. You mentioned less than 70% in a test as letting them down. For myself, I took less than a 70% as failing a drug test. I could have also taken it as whatever you did either at school or at home was taken as a test of letting them down. The question is, what did you do at that moment that let them down? Only you know the answer to that. Did you fail a test at school and that let your parents down? ROCK ON!

My guess is that he was talking about a test at school, and that his parents expect him always to get at least 70%. Sorry if I'm interpreting you wrongly, Bring Them On Back. I don't think drug tests are measured in percentages like that, anyway.

I had just wondered if there was a particular reason she said "never again" after the Iron Maiden concert, if he got home safe and sound, etc. Must have been the chemistry test, then!

How's it going "Bring Them On Back?" Getting less than a 70% on a drug test could be a good reason. How often do you get a drug test? The thing is, you can go to a concert and breathe the dope smoke and fumes in the air without inhaling it in your lungs and it can still effect the outcome and results of your drug test. They do sell those 24 hour kits at the store that help you pass a drug test. I used to drink two whole glasses of straight vinegar, it tasted like shit! But it sure helped me in passing my past employer's drug tests. Good luck to you "Bring Them On Back," I hope it all works out for you. ROCK ON!

How's it going 'ZeppFanForever?'

:slapface: lol no not a drug test hehe school test. any other details left out?? :D

How's it going 'ZeppFanForever?'

:slapface: lol no not a drug test hehe school test. any other details left out?? :D

How's it going "Bring Them On Back?" Sorry for the confusion. If you don't mind me asking, which subject was it that you got less than a 70% on the test? ROCK ON!

Hi ZFF,

Just thought, does your "Catholic" girlfriend ever say "ROCKS OFF" by the way. :whistling:

Regards, Danny

How's it going "BIGDAN?" Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!! :hysterical: I thought that the Catholic Girls were obsessed with the term "GETS OFF!" ROCK ON!

How's it going "BIGDAN?" Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!! :hysterical: I thought that the Catholic Girls were obsessed with the term "GETS OFF!" ROCK ON!

Or even "GET YOUR ROCKS OFF"

You got it mate, nice to see "Del" back, did you notice by the way?

Regards, Danny

I feel your pain. I snuck to my first concert (Black Sabbath) back in 1979 with my boyfriend at the time. He was older than me but didn't drive, so we had to take a bus to the subway. The stadiums were all about 30 miles from my home, and i was also too young for my parents to feel comfortable allowing me to be in that kind of setting. So what did i do... i said i was sleeping over my best friend's house. The next show only a couple weeks later was YES. This time i said i was staying over a different best friend's house. What happens? That friend and her mom pull up to the drive in window of the bank where my mom is the teller that night. My mom is horrified i'm not with her! So i was grounded big time and missed sneaking to see The Kinks a couple of weeks later. I eventually got my parents to lighten up (a couple of years later). Good thing my best friend's parents were not strict with her. I slept over her house every weekend until i was 16 and started to drive. I say beg your parents to allow you to go or beg them to take you, but i don't recommend sneaking out since your parents sound even more strict than mine. Good luck! I know those years under the parents roof can be tough. I dread my daughter's teen years, but at least i know what to expect! ROCK ON! :)

Archived