Candidate Obama vs. President Obama

TypeO

Register as an Independant. I got so many calls from Democrats and Republicans before this election...why, they wanted my vote. So when they called me if gave me the opportunity to tell them my views on things.

We need a different party. These two parties obviously cannot do the job. But I have said before...in MY opinion Bush was the most disgraceful President in my lifetime! Cheney could be the anti-Christ!!

I think I'm registered as a Democrat now, but I don't want to belong to any political party.

But I'd probably be closest to the Green party. I agree with you 100% on Bush & Cheney!

Obama isn't stupid: between the rednecks (one of our nicest public lakes/parks was recently spraypainted with violent grafitti about him and n words; makes me SICK!), and the powerful (Wellstone, anyone?)... Even though I don't like everything he's doing, I realize that there's only so much he can do. I wish these racist people would all go live on another planet (and take the homophobes with them!).

Obama isn't stupid: between the rednecks (one of our nicest public lakes/parks was recently spraypainted with violent grafitti about him and n words; makes me SICK!), and the powerful (Wellstone, anyone? The only politician I ever volunteered for, btw.)... Even though I don't like everything he's doing, I realize that there's only so much he can do. I wish these racist people would all go live on another planet (and take the homophobes with them!).

Hussein%20Obama.JPG

I'm sorry but even though you like Zeppelin,

don't post that here!

I hated Bush, but I wouldn't post a poster of Bush as Hitler on this site!

Save your racism for someplace else, please.

PS I am neither Black nor Muslim nor Jewish nor homosexual but if you're against someone just because they happen to be one of them, what is taking you so long to figure out that we're all the same? It's just as ridiculous as thinking people with blue eyes are better than brown, or right handed are better than left, or brown haired are better than blond.

Don't worry, that particular poster has gone (though who knows if he's still around in another identity).

As for the Obama discussion, it seems to me totally predictable. Guy doesn't fix everything that's wrong with the country (or the world) inside six months, finds many things harder to do than he'd thought, fails to walk on water, so people start having second thoughts about him, etc. This thread could have been written in advance before he was ever elected--it always goes this way. :D

Personally, I'm still happy with my vote.

Don't worry, that particular poster has gone (though who knows if he's still around in another identity).

As for the Obama discussion, it seems to me totally predictable. Guy doesn't fix everything that's wrong with the country (or the world) inside six months, finds many things harder to do than he'd thought, fails to walk on water, so people start having second thoughts about him, etc. This thread could have been written in advance before he was ever elected--it always goes this way. :D

Personally, I'm still happy with my vote.

I'm happy too. It is ridiculous and unfair to expect ANYONE to fix the massive amount of things that need attention in our country in six months, or even a year!

Obama-Medical-Over-70.jpg

I don't see how the idea that gov't could stop health care when you're old is any better/worse then an insurance company denying coverage based on some bogus pre-existing condition. Almost the same as politicians saying "bureaucrat standing between me and my doctor" is a horrific prospect, while it is no better or worse then an insurance company standing between me and my doctor.

Why not have both options available? Neither is a blanket solution that will appease 300 million people. Let families and individuals decide.

I don't see how the idea that gov't could stop health care when you're old is any better/worse then an insurance company denying coverage based on some bogus pre-existing condition. Almost the same as politicians saying "bureaucrat standing between me and my doctor" is a horrific prospect, while it is no better or worse then an insurance company standing between me and my doctor.

Why not have both options available? Neither is a blanket solution that will appease 300 million people. Let families and individuals decide.

Would this current proposed legislation even allow people to keep their private insurance? According to an IBD article, no. Too bad Obama has no clue about any of this:

During the call, a blogger from Maine said he kept running into an Investors Business Daily article that claimed Section 102 of the House health legislation would outlaw private insurance. He asked: “Is this true? Will people be able to keep their insurance and will insurers be able to write new policies even though H.R. 3200 is passed?” President Obama replied: “You know, I have to say that I am not familiar with the provision you are talking about.”

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/07/21/obam...s-in-obamacare/

:slapface:

It might be my eyes messin' with me, but it looks like Obama's hair is turning a bit more gray during this White House love fest.

Can't wait to hear what the talking goobs tell us what we just heard as I do mach 3 surf upon conclusion.

Not one mention of the President's controversial speech to the NAACP in this thread ? :rolleyes:

This is just my personal opinion, but if someone is going to discuss and give their opinions on the current health care debate, you should probably answer this question for us first....

a.) I currently have health care coverage through my employer as a benefit

b.) I do not currently have health care coverage through my employer as a benefit

Register as an Independant. I got so many calls from Democrats and Republicans before this election...why, they wanted my vote. So when they called me if gave me the opportunity to tell them my views on things.

We need a different party. These two parties obviously cannot do the job. But I have said before...in MY opinion Bush was the most disgraceful President in my lifetime! Cheney could be the anti-Christ!!

There are different parties. I myself am a Liberatarian. The problem today is that the republican party is now is pretty much the democrat party of 20-30 years ago and the democrat party now is pretty much a communist party. There's no real small government proponent anymore so the government gets bigger everything else gets smaller.

Did Jim (Obama's Waterloo) DeMint hit a nerve?

He would like Obama to address these questions...

1. If the major provisions of the health care bills will not kick in until 2013, four years from now, why the hurry to pass a thousand-page bill before the August recess, a bill you admit that you haven’t fully read yourself?

2. You have said your health care bill will cut costs and not increase the deficit. But, independent analysis by the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office contradicts both claims, saying it will raise costs and increase the deficit by $240 billion in the first ten years.

What independent analysis will you provide that supports your claims and refutes CBO's?

3. You have repeatedly said that your health care bill allows any American who likes their current employer-based plan to keep it.

But the most comprehensive independent analysis available, by the Lewin Group, contradicts your claim and found your bill will force over 80 million Americans to lose their current coverage.

Will you provide independent analysis to refute this study?

4. Your own record in the Senate reveals you spent years voting against nearly every reform to make health care more affordable and accessible, but this week you said that opponents of your plan are 'content to perpetuate the status quo, and are, in fact, fighting reform on behalf of powerful special interests.

Which specific elected officials will you cite that have proposed to keep the status quo, and is that how you characterize the opposition of the 52 Blue Dog Democrats in the House?

Archived