JIMI HENDRIX MURDERED BY HIS MANAGER, claims roadie

TheZeppyWanderer

How's it going "Melanie_72?" If this story is true, I hope that Wright gets into trouble for deliberately withholding crucial evidence after all of these years and waiting until now to disclose these serious allegations. I also hope that Wright doesn't get a cent of royalties from his new upcoming "tell all" book! ROCK ON!

My thoughts exactly ZFF, he shouldn't get a dime out of this!

Eric Burden has backed up some oF monika's story. He said she called him and said Jimi was breathing and but had been sick and she could not wake him up and she didn't know what to do. and he yelled at her to call an ambulance. Monika not calling an amubulance right away was probably the crucial factor.

And Eric is still alive to tell the story.

Eric Burden has backed up some oF monika's story. He said she called him and said Jimi was breathing and but had been sick and she could not wake him up and she didn't know what to do. and he yelled at her to call an ambulance. Monika not calling an amubulance right away was probably the crucial factor.

And Eric is still alive to tell the story.

How's it going "spats?" I hope all is well with you. The JIMI HENDRIX saga has been an extraordinary story! While Eric Burden has backed up some of Monika's story, and according to both reopened investigations conducted in 1992 and 1994, the conclusion was that all of Monika's stories were proven to be false. You do have a point "spats" in reference as to why Monika didn't call the Ambulance right away. Thats where my suspicion begins. "Spats," the more I re-read some of the many HENDRIX biographies that I own in my possession, the more suspicious that I become that Monika Dannemann had something to hide and has never told the REAL truth! As I said in one of my previous posts, the HENDRIX saga is a mystery case that will never be solved. And despite what this author James "Tappy" Wright and his new untold allegations that he speaks of, after all of these years, there will never be a final ending with the REAL reason(s)! Everything is only speculation at this point. ROCK ON!

How's it going "spats?" I hope all is well with you. The JIMI HENDRIX saga has been an extraordinary story! While Eric Burden has backed up some of Monika's story, and according to both reopened investigations conducted in 1992 and 1994, the conclusion was that all of Monika's stories were proven to be false. You do have a point "spats" in reference as to why Monika didn't call the Ambulance right away. Thats where my suspicion begins. "Spats," the more I re-read some of the many HENDRIX biographies that I own in my possession, the more suspicious that I become that Monika Dannemann had something to hide and has never told the REAL truth! As I said in one of my previous posts, the HENDRIX saga is a mystery case that will never be solved. And despite what this author James "Tappy" Wright and his new untold allegations that he speaks of, after all of these years, there will never be a final ending with the REAL reason(s)! Everything is only speculation at this point. ROCK ON!

I think you are making it out to be a more of a mystery than there is but Believe what you choose to believe.

I think you are making it out to be a more of a mystery than there is but Believe what you choose to believe.

How's it going "spats?" Reading your posts on this matter, you seem to have a lot of knowledge on the HENDRIX case. After everything we have read and heard on this matter, in a way, it is a mystery because there is really no true facts to go on. I may choose to believe what I want but it is only speculation while the real truth still remains. I guess that certain matters are better left alone and this is one of them. ROCK ON!

How's it going "spats?" Reading your posts on this matter, you seem to have a lot of knowledge on the HENDRIX case. After everything we have read and heard on this matter, in a way, it is a mystery because there is really no true facts to go on. I may choose to believe what I want but it is only speculation while the real truth still remains. I guess that certain matters are better left alone and this is one of them. ROCK ON!

Hi ZeppFanForever. I always enjoy reading your posts and your knowledge on whatever subject you speak of is always great. I think Spats is more of a simple guy while you are a deep thinker. Even an investigator. I haven't followed the theories behind the death of the great Jimi Hendrix, but have enjoyed his music. It's very interesting, and i believe, the whole truth on his death will never be told. RIP Jimi.

Hi ZeppFanForever. I always enjoy reading your posts and your knowledge on whatever subject you speak of is always great. I think Spats is more of a simple guy while you are a deep thinker. Even an investigator. I haven't followed the theories behind the death of the great Jimi Hendrix, but have enjoyed his music. It's very interesting, and i believe, the whole truth on his death will never be told. RIP Jimi.

How's it going "~tangerine~?" I hope all is well with you and your family. While I do a lot of my own investigating, I would like to use as much common sense and logic in order to come up with my own speculations or conclusions. After all, its what I do for a living. I feel confident that we both truly believe that the REAL truth in the JIMI HENDRIX saga will never be told. There are still many unanswered questions and missing pieces in the puzzle. There is even more facts that haven't even been discussed here on the Forum yet that are written in numerous HENDRIX biographies but it would be pointless to go into all of those details now since there can never be a resolution in this case. However, I am still looking forward to conversing with you in reference to Rock n' Roll history and the bands that made it great. I feel confident that it will be an interesting discussion. In the mean time, take care and ROCK ON!

You can't argue with what the autopsy said though. it says he choked after barbituate intoxication. Monika said he took a bunch of her sleeping tablets that were very powerful pills and this was found to be true.

You can't argue with what the autopsy said though. it says he choked after barbituate intoxication. Monika said he took a bunch of her sleeping tablets that were very powerful pills and this was found to be true.

How's it going "spats?" The results of the autopsy did indicate Barbituate Intoxication, there's no denying that, but its the events and stories surrounding HENDRIX'S death that I'm referring to as never being resolved since the 1992 and 1994 investigations resulted in finding all of Monika's stories completely false. ROCK ON!

• 1 month later...
Now, would I be surprised if Michael Jeffery killed Jimi Hendrix? HELL NO! My only question to Rock Roadie and author James "Tappy" Wright who claims that Michael Jeffery admitted to him that he killed Jimi, is what took him so long in coming forward now? Michael Jeffery died in the early 1970's in a plane crash so he can't say anything or defend himself. In my opinion, Michael Jeffery is definitely guilty of giving Jimi not only an emotional breakdown, but deliberately over drugging Jimi on many occasions. Maybe Jeffery did give jimi that fatal overdose, maybe not. It would not surprise me if he did. ROCK ON!

If Michael Jeffery was as dangerous as he was alleged to be, James Wright may have feared retaliation.

But Michael Jeffery himself died on March 5, 1973.

Many years have passed between then and the publishing of this account in 2009.

Are the so-called gang members who allegedly poisoned Hendrix no longer considered to be a danger?

If James Wright feared being a target himself, then he would have a reason to maintain silence.

It does appear that someone may have intentionally poisoned Hendrix.

entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article6719597

The doctor who attempted to revive Jimi Hendrix on the night that the guitarist died believes that it is "plausible" that he was murdered.

John Bannister said that medical evidence was consistent with claims in a book that Hendrix was killed on the orders of his manager, Mike Jeffery.

James "Tappy" Wright, a former road manager who worked for Jeffery, writes in his new memoir, Rock Roadie, that in the early hours of September 18, 1970, a gang hired by Jeffery broke into the London hotel room where Hendrix was staying with his girlfriend, Monika Dannemann, and forced sleeping pills and wine down his throat until he drowned.

Mr Bannister was the on-call registrar at the now defunct St Mary Abbots Hospital in Kensington on the morning that Hendrix was brought in. He had no idea who the famous patient was but remembers that he was "very long". Mr Bannister, 67, speaking at his home in Sydney, said: "He was hanging over the table we had him on by about ten inches."

It was apparent from the start that Hendrix had probably arrived too late for the medical staff to save him. "When you are in casualty, one always tries very hard to resuscitate people. There's always a hope. We worked very hard for about half an hour but there was no response at all. It really was an exercise in futility," said Mr Bannister. "Somebody said to me 'You know who that was?. That was Jimi Hendrix' and, of course, I said, 'Who's Jimi Hendrix?'."

Mr Wright's description of what had happened to Hendrix "sounded plausible because of the volume of wine", Mr Bannister said. What struck him most about the unusually tall patient was that he was drenched in alcohol. "The amount of wine that was over him was just extraordinary. Not only was it saturated right through his hair and shirt but his lungs and stomach were absolutely full of wine. I have never seen so much wine. We had a sucker that you put down into his trachea, the entrance to his lungs and to the whole of the back of his throat.

"We kept sucking him out and it kept surging and surging. He had already vomited up masses of red wine and I would have thought there was half a bottle of wine in his hair. He had really drowned in a massive amount of red wine." According to the conventional account, Hendrix — one of the most charismatic guitarists in the history of rock — died at the age of 27 from choking on vomit after a drugs overdose. Wright, now 65, has stirred conspiracy theorists and Hendrix obsessives around the world with his alternative account of the guitarist's demise. He claims that Jeffery confessed the murder to him a month before he died in an aircraft collision.

Dannemann, an ice-skating instructor-turned-drug addict, who many people suspected knew more about Hendrix's death than she let on, committed suicide in 1996.

Wright contends that Jeffery, his old boss, was "a dangerous man" who had been in the Secret Service and flaunted his connections with organised crime. By 1970 he was heavily in debt and had fallen out with his star act who may have been looking to change management and whose behaviour had become increasingly erratic as his drug taking reached uncontrolled levels.

In response Jeffery allegedly took out a $2 million life insurance policy on the guitarist. According to Wright, Jeffery told him that Hendrix was "worth more to him dead than alive".

rockroadie.net/?target=prologue

Jimi Hendrix was found dead on the morning of September 18th 1970. The coroners report stated cause of death due to barbiturate intoxication and inhalation of vomit. An open verdict.

1973, and I'm sitting in an old friend's apartment. We're working; doing what we're good at; what we've done for over a decade. A collection of glasses and ashtrays are propped up amongst sweeps of paperwork on the table in front of us. The hours tick by, the details are completed and we talk. More than thirty years on, I can still hear that conversation; see the man I'd known for so much of my life, his face pale, hand clutching at his glass in sudden rage: 'I had to do it, Tappy. You understand don't you? I had to do it.' 'What are you talking about?' 'You know damn well what I'm talking about.' And I did, though I didn't want to believe it. I knew what he was telling me and now I'm going to tell you. Because of all the crazy theories there were about Hendrix's death, there is one I know to be true. There are secrets I don't need to keep anymore, and I'm going to tell them all.

Must admit, first thing I thought of was .... why would you not mention this until now !!

I heard a very short interview with this roadie and it sounded like total bullshit. Garbage writing.

He's full of it, or himself.

contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/doctor-hendrix-murder-is-plausible_1110205

The doctor who tried to revive JIMI HENDRIX on the night he died has said it is "plausible" the rocker could have been murdered.

Hendrix was 27 when he choked to death on his own vomit in a London hotel, but the exact circumstances of the tragedy have remained a mystery.

Roadie James 'Tappy' Wright has come forward alleging Hendrix's manager Michael Jeffery admitted feeding the rocker drugs and alcohol after he learned he was about to be fired by the star.

In a new tell-all book, titled Rock Roadie, Wright claims Jeffery went to Hendrix's hotel room and "stuffed" him with illegal substances in revenge.

Now Hendrix's doctor at the time of his death, John Bannister, has claimed that medical evidence is consistent with the allegations Wright makes in the tome.

Bannister was working at the now defunct St Mary Abbots Hospital in London when Hendrix was taken in to receive medical help.

He says Wright's account of what happened to the star "sounded plausible because of the volume of wine. The amount of wine that was over him was just extraordinary. Not only was it saturated right through his hair and shirt but his lungs and stomach were absolutely full of wine."

In the book, Wright recalls Jeffery saying, "I had to do it, Tappy. You understand, don't you?"

Jeffrey allegedly made the drunken confession in 1971 - two years before he was killed in a plane crash.

Wright also claims Jeffery had taken out a life insurance policy on Hendrix, worth $1.8 million (£1.2 million), prior to his death - with the manager as beneficiary.

20 July 2009 08:15

Drunken confession.

I don't believe it for a nano second.

His girlfriend was with him that night, what did they do? Tie her up and give her diprovan? :blink:

She was reported to have later died by suicide.

But the wine?

Now Hendrix's doctor at the time of his death, John Bannister, has claimed that medical evidence is consistent with the allegations Wright makes in the tome.

Bannister was working at the now defunct St Mary Abbots Hospital in London when Hendrix was taken in to receive medical help.

He says Wright's account of what happened to the star "sounded plausible because of the volume of wine. The amount of wine that was over him was just extraordinary. Not only was it saturated right through his hair and shirt but his lungs and stomach were absolutely full of wine."

contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/doctor-hendrix-murder-is-plausible_1110205

I wonder about the alleged gang. If they existed, are they dead?

And the girlfriend's reported suicide, was it really a suicide?

Did Hendrix really drown himself in that huge a quantity of wine of his own doing?

And the alleged insurance policy, was there one and why? If so, did anyone collect proceeds from it after Hendrix died?

How's it going "badgeholder?" You have really inspired me to dig through my many numerous JIMI HENDRIX biographies and seek the truth which is what I'm all about! What thing that I do agree with you on is that the truth in the JIMI HENDRIX saga has been twisted around so much, that the lies became the truth for a long time! While there were two people involved, only one was mainly responsible for all of these lies especially since this person changed her version of the events leading to Jimi's death on 18 September 1970 so many times, that the truth still remains. These two people, one being The Animals lead vocalist Eric Burden, who desperately tried removing any evidence from Jimi's pad such as drugs, and the main instigator that would deliberately change her stories more than once in order to confuse everyone as to what really happened. Her name is Monika Dannemann. Upon reading all of her many different accounts, one would be suspicious into thinking that Monika Dannemann kept changing her stories in order to clear her name of any wrongdoing. And Eric Burden would go on public television and tell the audience that Jimi's death was a suicide because of the poem that he left next to his bed. This is how and where the suicide rumors surrounding Jimi's death really began. However, Eric would later say that the poem was not a suicide note but rather lyrics to a new song that Jimi had written on 17 September 1970 entitled "The Story Of Life."

As for the events that took place on 18 September 1970, again, Monika Dannemann was the main instigator in changing and fabricating different story versions as to whether Jimi was alive or not or whether the ambulance employees were negligent in handling Jimi's situation in a proper manner. While there are Hendrix biographies that state that Jimi was alive in the ambulance such as the book JIMI HENDRIX - ELECTRIC GYPSY Page 470 this account was only one of the many versions that Monika Dannemann told. The same can be said from the book entitled HENDRIX, THE FINAL DAYS in which Dannemann does state that Hendrix was still alive when he was in the ambulance. Dannemann also questioned why the ambulance strapped Jimi to a chair and kept pushing his head up everytime his head came down. Dannemann also mentioned that there was vomit visible on the ambulance floor. The book entitled SCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THE SKY, THE LIFE OF JIMI HENDRIX, on page 390 also verifies that the ambulance attendant strapped Jimi's head up in order to keep him from vomiting on the floor. According to these accounts, Jimi was still alive and trying to relieve the vomit that was trying to come out of him but it was hard being strapped with his head up. These accounts also stress that there was vomit visible in the ambulance as a result of Jimi trying to vomit while still strapped with his head up.

While Monika Dannemann was still changing her stories for many years and making accusations as to the possibility of foul play on the part of the ambulance on that September day in 1970, the case in the death of Jimi Hendrix was reopened in 1992 and a new investigation was being conducted. The conclussion of this investigation was issued in January 1992 by Press and Public Affairs Manager of the London Ambulance service named David Smith who not only states and challenges all the different testimonies and story versions that Monika Dannemann has given through the years, but new evidence now indicates that Monika Dannemann's testimony regarding the handling of Jimi in the ambulance is false since Dannemann was no where near the ambulance nor did she ever ride in the ambulance with Jimi as she stated that she did!

What really surprises me about all of this mess is that Dannemann admitted to changing her stories over and over again while she openly made serious accusations against the London Ambulance Service. And believe it or not, her testimonies were the truth for many years until 1992. That means that some of the JIMI HENDRIX biographies are not accurate. However, in my opinion, as I was reading throught the material in numerous books, it seems to me that Monika Dannemann was deliberately changing her stories because she was hiding something! It also seemed that she was always looking for someone else to blame in order to clear herself of any wrongdoing.

According to the book ROOM FULL OF MIRRORS, A BIOGRAPHY OF JIMI HENDRIX on page 344, in 1994, partially urged by kathy Etchingham, British authorities reopened the case of Jimi's death because Dannemann's stories had raised so many questions including claims of incompetence by medical authorities. That investigation concluded that Jimi was most certainly dead when the ambulance men arrived, that the emergency workers and doctors had done all they could in attempting to revive a dead man, and that much of Dannemann's stories were all questionable, if not all completely false. In the end of all of this mess, there are still unanswered questions as to why Monika Dannemann would deliberately change her stories many times which does give some speculation by making one wonder if she had anything to do with Jimi's death. With all of the lies and false accusations being given by her accounts through the years which was actually believed to be the truth for a very long time, the chances of ever getting the truth out of her would come to an end when Monika Dannemann would take her own life on 5 April 1996 and take the REAL truth of Jimi's death to her grave with her. This is such as sad story! ROCK ON!

Indeed a sad story! This is a classic account of how a drug crazed person (some can not handle it) can just go on and on about something for no reason or just to attract attention to them self. This will be amplified greatly if that happened to some one of great importance and as it turned out, this woman had been pulled apart by the seam's from the life stile and the event's that un-folded at that time.

Or was it the Devil that came to collect his due? :running:

I for one won't be picking up this "book."

Me neither!

This is a bullshit story. There is a good detailed account of Jimi's last days in this book which came out about 10 years ago... it may not be available these days, but it's worth getting used, for those who are interested in the topic.

HendrixTheFinalDays.jpg

Jimi Hendrix Murder Theory

Video from 1:06-1:17 shows Jimi Hendrix when hospital staff attempted to revive him.

"But when he was wheeled into the emergency room his throat was cleared and the physician wrote that great masses of red wine came gushing out of his stomach and his lungs."

"There were only 20 milligrams of alcohol in his blood when he was brought to the emergency room, which means there wasn't even enough time for that alcohol to enter his system.

"So, the cause of death was drowning."

Yes Micheal J killed Jimi, her toured him to death! Jimi played over 600 shows in less than 4 years, that's a show every other day!!!

But Jimi did not take his own life, he was about to end his contract with MJ, he had been cleared of his heroin charge, his lawsuit with Capitol Records was settled, his new album was almost complete, his studio was complete, etc. Everything was going his way. Death by mis-adventure

Me neither!

This is a bullshit story. There is a good detailed account of Jimi's last days in this book which came out about 10 years ago... it may not be available these days, but it's worth getting used, for those who are interested in the topic.

HendrixTheFinalDays.jpg

How's it going "Otto Masson?" I have the book that you are inquiring about, it is the book written in 1997 by Tony Brown. It is one hell of a book that really goes into detail the final days in JIMI HENDRIX'S life. ROCK ON!

Archived