The coolest gift.

I have to share this with the board.

I teach math in high school, and today is the last day for students. Among my students is a small group who was with me for three years in a row and is graduating today. They know that I missed school to see Led Zeppelin at the O2 Arena and Paul McCartney recently at the Coachella Festival. Today they finished calculus and presented me with a couple of gifts. One of the gifts is a black customized t-shirt.

Front: “I ditched school to see Led Zeppelin and Paul McCartney”

Back: “And I’ll do it again.”

I’ll wear it tomorrow with pride at our last faculty meeting before we adjourn for the summer. My principal is retiring anyway so I don’t think she’ll assign me to after-school detention or Saturday school. ;)

I guess this might sound kind of dopey, but I think this is one of the coolest presents ever.

Has anyone else received a unique LZ related gift?

I have to share this with the board.

I teach math in high school, and today is the last day for students. Among my students is a small group who was with me for three years in a row and is graduating today. They know that I missed school to see Led Zeppelin at the O2 Arena and Paul McCartney recently at the Coachella Festival. Today they finished calculus and presented me with a couple of gifts. One of the gifts is a black customized t-shirt.

Front: “I ditched school to see Led Zeppelin and Paul McCartney”

Back: “And I’ll do it again.”

I’ll wear it tomorrow with pride at our last faculty meeting before we adjourn for the summer. My principal is retiring anyway so I don’t think she’ll assign me to after-school detention or Saturday school. ;)

I guess this might sound kind of dopey, but I think this is one of the coolest presents ever.

Thanks for sharing the story.Hard to top that one. Wear it with the greatest of pride. You sound like a great teacher and we need more of you:-)

It isn't dopey at all. I think it's great your students got together and had that made for you :D

I was genuinely touched. They also gave me a big coffee mug with their group picture on it and the words "I will replace my soul with coffee so I may live forever!" (An homage to Dilbert)

They know I'm a big coffee drinker.

They really are a great bunch!

I was genuinely touched. They also gave me a big coffee mug with their group picture on it and the words "I will replace my soul with coffee so I may live forever!" (An homage to Dilbert)

They know I'm a big coffee drinker.

They really are a great bunch!

Another lovely gesture. Sounds like a good group of kids and clearly they felt strongly about you to do what they did. Nice memories you all will have.

I wish my teacher went to O2...

I had an elementary teacher who used to play In A Godda Da Vida by Iron Butterfly. I think I was in the 6th grade. He was the cooolest teacher. Tough but we loved his class because he always played the best music while we were in class.

I'm a teacher as well and a Gr. 8 class that I had a great rapport with bought me a Zeppelin alarm clock as well as a PSP. The PSP is a long story but how the kids organized themselves to buy it for me was incredibly touching. They all showed up the last day of school, when most of them never come back, to see me open it up.

I'm a teacher as well and a Gr. 8 class that I had a great rapport with bought me a Zeppelin alarm clock as well as a PSP. The PSP is a long story but how the kids organized themselves to buy it for me was incredibly touching. They all showed up the last day of school, when most of them never come back, to see me open it up.

It is great to know that we have a few great teachers on our forum. Sounds like your kids really respect you. Do you mind sharing the story? I'm sure it's a good one!

Very touching :)

Long story short, I rented the game 'God of War' and asked one of my students how to work the controls on a Playstation as I never play video games. He thought it was hilarious that a 32 year old man plays video games so he told everyone. Soon, the class was calling me Kratos after the name of the main character. They were an amazing bunch of kids and it became kind of a polite joke,"oh, oh, Kratos is checking homework!"

They knew that I liked the game so they tried to by the next in the series but it didn't come out for the console I had. So, they pooled there money together to buy me the limited edition PSP that had the Kratos character on it, along with the game, so I could enjoy it.

The irony of it all is that they bought me an electronic device that I kept taking away from a lot of them.

Long story short, I rented the game 'God of War' and asked one of my students how to work the controls on a Playstation as I never play video games. He thought it was hilarious that a 32 year old man plays video games so he told everyone. Soon, the class was calling me Kratos after the name of the main character. They were an amazing bunch of kids and it became kind of a polite joke,"oh, oh, Kratos is checking homework!"

They knew that I liked the game so they tried to by the next in the series but it didn't come out for the console I had. So, they pooled there money together to buy me the limited edition PSP that had the Kratos character on it, along with the game, so I could enjoy it.

The irony of it all is that they bought me an electronic device that I kept taking away from a lot of them.

That's a great story!!

This is a great story. Thanks for making such an impact on the next generation!

Now you can be the best gamer in class being as you can take away there games and keep yours ... at recess of coarse! Ha Ha! Just kidding, I'm sure you guy's are great teachers! From the action's of your kid's, it seems so!

Don't feel bad about being over 30 and being a gamer... I'm 46 and I've been a gamer since the 1980's and still play every day! I prefer a good computer game over the consoles as I don't like the array of buttons on the controller's.

Hi there. Awesome T-shirt they gave you. To answer your question, I had someone make me a white coffee mug with the band's photo from '75 on it and my sister made me a pad where the cover is the photo of them in front of the Starship in '73. I love gifts like this. :D

'73 photo

LedZeppelin07.jpg

'75 photo

LedZeppelin1975Promo.fullpage.jpg

Hi there. Awesome T-shirt they gave you. To answer your question, I had someone make me a white coffee mug with the band's photo from '75 on it and my sister made me a pad where the cover is the photo of them in front of the Starship in '73. I love gifts like this. :D

'73 photo

LedZeppelin07.jpg

'75 photo

LedZeppelin1975Promo.fullpage.jpg

Very cool!! :D:D

Archived