Marijuana legalization

Mountain Hopper

The QLD Government here have finally acknowledged that with the tens of thousands of people with prescriptions for medical cannabis they need to actually review and update the drug driving laws which, while if you have a trace of medication in your system that is known to impair driving, as long as you state you are not currently impaired as the time you took it is past the effects, that's ok - unless it is medical cannabis in which case you get charged. The patent hypocrisy and double standard is enraging. Only tempered by the fact that some are even worse off with no medical cannabis allowance (shout out Chilli....). How someone hasn't already successfully challenged this in court is beyond me. It is patently unjust.

It's going to take a fucking year. Fucks sake.

This Country really is a joke. A Politician ( who I can't be arsed to remember) said, a person said to them:

"It's terrible, I can't open the windows in my children's bedroom for them to be poisoned by (ahem) the smell of Weed"

Well it's OK then for them to be poisoned by the smell of car fumes, which contain Carbon Monoxide? 

19 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

This Country really is a joke. A Politician ( who I can't be arsed to remember) said, a person said to them:

"It's terrible, I can't open the windows in my children's bedroom for them to be poisoned by (ahem) the smell of Weed"

Well it's OK then for them to be poisoned by the smell of car fumes, which contain Carbon Monoxide? 

Christ that's weak. There is simply no good reason for the prohibition of weed given alcohol and gambling, which cause MUCH more harm, are encouraged through non-stop advertising mostly aimed at young men. Not to mention cannabis has proven medical value.

I really wish journo's would hold these clowns to their hypocrisy and tear shreds off them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As in any business, some companies consistently provide a better product than others.  Couldn't pass up a Black Holiday deal of 6 1/8ths for a hundred bucks. 'Singapore Sling' is the product.  They claim it's a hybrid, but like most dispensary hybrids, it leans toward sativa, and it's as tasty as it looks.  Smoked a bit last night, and the next thing you know the tv is off and I'm sitting in the dark listening to Alan Parson's "I Robot" for the first time in forever.       

20231206_175551.jpg

20231206_175642.jpg

@Bong-Man

Looks lovely. What terps are you getting? 

Expensive though? $100 for an eighth. Or was it 6 eighths which is 3/4 oz for $100?

Not really a fan of Sativas as they can give me the fear. Probably 50/50 or maybe 60/40 Hybrid? Visiting Thailand for a month in the New Year. It's legal there, so it will be treat to visit some Dispensaries and get some classic strains. 

21 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

@Bong-Man

Looks lovely. What terps are you getting? 

Expensive though? $100 for an eighth. Or was it 6 eighths which is 3/4 oz for $100?

Not really a fan of Sativas as they can give me the fear. Probably 50/50 or maybe 60/40 Hybrid? Visiting Thailand for a month in the New Year. It's legal there, so it will be treat to visit some Dispensaries and get some classic strains. 

No terp info listed.  Some growers provide that info, but I don't think it's required by State law.  26.11% thc, 1.41 cbd.  That was 6 mix and match eigths for $100 bucks.  I wanted the same because I'd had it before.  Nevada was interesting.  Many of the dispensaries are run by native Americans, so you don't pay any State tax.  Bought 5 1 gram pre-rolls for $25 bucks.  Pretty decent too.  After 'running the gauntlet' of illegal States through Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, and especially Utah, my reward was the legal stretch through Nevada, California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Colorado.  Took a 3 day break in Laughlin, Nevada where you could smoke in your hotel room.  Quite enjoyable, as it was 105 degrees outside.  I'm an indica guy myself because I basically partake in the evening, but I enjoy sativa edibles during the day because they don't bog you down.  Good for hiking and exploring.     

23 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

No terp info listed.  Some growers provide that info, but I don't think it's required by State law.  26.11% thc, 1.41 cbd.  That was 6 mix and match eigths for $100 bucks.  I wanted the same because I'd had it before.  Nevada was interesting.  Many of the dispensaries are run by native Americans, so you don't pay any State tax.  Bought 5 1 gram pre-rolls for $25 bucks.  Pretty decent too.  After 'running the gauntlet' of illegal States through Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, and especially Utah, my reward was the legal stretch through Nevada, California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Colorado.  Took a 3 day break in Laughlin, Nevada where you could smoke in your hotel room.  Quite enjoyable, as it was 105 degrees outside.  I'm an indica guy myself because I basically partake in the evening, but I enjoy sativa edibles during the day because they don't bog you down.  Good for hiking and exploring.     

Sorry BM what I meant to say was what flavours are you getting? Fruit, Gas, Skunk, Pine etc etc?

3 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Sorry BM what I meant to say was what flavours are you getting? Fruit, Gas, Skunk, Pine etc etc?

Singapore Sling Strain - Cannabis Strain Information - THC Design

I believe when listed, they actually break down flavoring in chemical terms these days.  I never pay attention though.  The best pine flavor I've enjoyed always seems to come from "Snoop's Dream" or "Blue Dream", which is a sativa.  Very tasty and uplifting and keeps you from being a couch potato.  The taste of dispensary indicas seem all over the place, depending on your own individual taste buds.   

• 2 weeks later...

@Bong-Man @luvlz2

A good friend of mine let me know that some very nice soft Black Hashish was in the offing.

Sure enough I picked up 14 gs of beautiful fresh Red Seal Black. It's like putty. I cut the piece in half and it smells unreal. So spicy and green inside. What I do with it is to take a small piece and roll it into a pencil lead thin sausage. Put cigarette tobacco in the skins and lay the hash on the top. A small dusting of tobacco on the top( this allows it to burn evenly) and enjoy. Don't criticise me for using tobacco because that is how we have always smoked hash. A full report to follow...........

Merry Christmas to all the Tokers and may your bowls be full.

On 12/24/2023 at 9:34 AM, chillumpuffer said:

@Bong-Man @luvlz2

A good friend of mine let me know that some very nice soft Black Hashish was in the offing.

Sure enough I picked up 14 gs of beautiful fresh Red Seal Black. It's like putty. I cut the piece in half and it smells unreal. So spicy and green inside. What I do with it is to take a small piece and roll it into a pencil lead thin sausage. Put cigarette tobacco in the skins and lay the hash on the top. A small dusting of tobacco on the top( this allows it to burn evenly) and enjoy. Don't criticise me for using tobacco because that is how we have always smoked hash. A full report to follow...........

Merry Christmas to all the Tokers and may your bowls be full.

Merry Christmas to you and yours and may your bowls be full too chillumpuffer! That hash sounds wonderful!

@rm2551

It's outstanding mate. Absolutely the best Hash we've smoked this year. Not too strong but so sweet to toke.

I can score Hash anytime to be honest. It's not cheap though. I currently have 3 types of solid and 3 types of Weed. My man gave me 5 buds of very pungent greenery along with the black. Going to try the green this evening.

• 3 weeks later...